Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

This was my favorite episode so far, Gita is a delightful guest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I really enjoyed them geeking out over Pokemon. I loving love Pikachu. I also love movie novelizations, both ironically and unironically.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I also love movie novelizations, both ironically and unironically.

How about novelizations of movies that are sequels to movies based on novels?

Written by the original author?

I am of course talking about Rambo: First Blood Part II, written by David Morrell, the author of First Blood. He also wrote Rambo III which I haven't read, but I'm sure it's just as good as part II.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yo how did I just realize this podcast is co-hosted by the artist FKA Satellite High? I listened to like one episode without really reading the OP to this thread and just now figured it out. His music still slaps and I greatly appreciate it. :)

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yo how did I just realize this podcast is co-hosted by the artist FKA Satellite High? I listened to like one episode without really reading the OP to this thread and just now figured it out. His music still slaps and I greatly appreciate it. :)

I didn't figure it out until the ICP 2-parter, when J does a rap from the book and the different voices he uses are basically the same ones from "TLO Roll Call." Also from that episode (one of the two) is Lemon from F-Plus trying not to laugh (and failing) while reading a partial list of acts that performed at a Juggalo gathering. The only one I can remember right now is "Horror, but the Rs are 9s, so it's 'Ho-99-oh-9,'" but there are other better ones. They're a good couple of episodes and I think I might go listen to them again tonight. :)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Waitin' for the bus IN THE RAIN *circus music*

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

beats for junkies posted:

I didn't figure it out until the ICP 2-parter, when J does a rap from the book and the different voices he uses are basically the same ones from "TLO Roll Call." Also from that episode (one of the two) is Lemon from F-Plus trying not to laugh (and failing) while reading a partial list of acts that performed at a Juggalo gathering. The only one I can remember right now is "Horror, but the Rs are 9s, so it's 'Ho-99-oh-9,'" but there are other better ones. They're a good couple of episodes and I think I might go listen to them again tonight. :)

I swear to God I'll occasionally be sitting around and rap "Got a driftwood chain and transition lenses" to myself far more often than I should, and I have for literally years.

That and "I gotcha like WOOP WOOP"

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Nov 19, 2019

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

beats for junkies posted:

I didn’t get it until he had Mara Wilson on and mentioned writing a song about a bus for WTNV. And yeah, that episode was really good.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Waitin' for the bus IN THE RAIN *circus music*

Best not to mention that song, though. He kind of hates it now, I think because it was pretty low effort for him yet is much more well-known than stuff he’s proud of.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I know him from a podcast and I like that song. COME FIGHT ME, J.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jurgan posted:

I didn’t get it until he had Mara Wilson on and mentioned writing a song about a bus for WTNV. And yeah, that episode was really good.

Best not to mention that song, though. He kind of hates it now, I think because it was pretty low effort for him yet is much more well-known than stuff he’s proud of.

I kinda wondered if any of his older stuff was stuff that he doesn't like anymore, hence distancing himself from the name, but I hope he's still proud of the albums because I was rocking out to "Sharks!" last night and it's still fantastic IMO. Either way IDK if he reads this thread, I just wanted him to know I think his work is still really good. :)

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I kinda wondered if any of his older stuff was stuff that he doesn't like anymore, hence distancing himself from the name, but I hope he's still proud of the albums because I was rocking out to "Sharks!" last night and it's still fantastic IMO. Either way IDK if he reads this thread, I just wanted him to know I think his work is still really good. :)

I'm pretty sure he's not on SA, at least not anymore, but if you want to have a chance of communicating with them directly you should join the I Don't Even Own a Television Fun Time Party Pit, assuming you still have Facebook. They're somewhat active participants.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
You can also just @ them on Twitter.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

You can also just @ them on Twitter.

Given how many times they’ve said “don’t @ me,” I’d be hesitant to do that.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
You absolutely should if what you wanna do is go "hey whether or not you're still hot on it I loved your poo poo" because Jay grabbed the Twitter and talked about how you rarely hear people go out of their way to tell a creator "I like your work" the way people will tell you how they absolutely know what you need to fix.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I swear to God I'll occasionally be sitting around and rap "Got a driftwood chain and transition lenses" to myself far more often than I should, and I have for literally years.

Mine is "well I'm baby Felipe, girls call me surprise, cause when I'm laying pipe lasers come out of my eyes" or "ey yo gently caress the system the man is gay gonna smoke five blunts and watch anime"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
ee wicky eh eh ANIME CLUB

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
who are these people, haven't asked em yet
looks like i joined an anime club by accident
better get out before these dudes assume
they legit cause a real asian up in the room

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
The Archie brand has escaped the Patreon zone and reached ideotv proper. In this episode the boys enter my house with Riverdale: The Day Before

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

General Ironicus posted:

The Archie brand has escaped the Patreon zone and reached ideotv proper. In this episode the boys enter my house with Riverdale: The Day Before

I suspected you were the friends they mentioned about in the end of the episode.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

"I know you probably got in this game to pull skirts, but 99% of yo' fans got wolf shirts. Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of gently caress you!" occasionally still creeps into the back of my head and I probably cannot explain that to anyone who doesn't already know and remember the dumb pirate rap guy that posted on here forever ago.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Mine is "well I'm baby Felipe, girls call me surprise, cause when I'm laying pipe lasers come out of my eyes" or "ey yo gently caress the system the man is gay gonna smoke five blunts and watch anime"

I’m into history and learnin, not sports and crap
Check the basement, I’m workin on a torture rack

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
I couldn’t handle the Archie book episode. Just too much on the in-jokes for a TV show I will never watch.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I haven't watched more than 2 episodes of Riverdale and the episode was fine, aside from collision going full Record Store Guy at the end and making a fool of himself

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I couldn’t handle the Archie book episode. Just too much on the in-jokes for a TV show I will never watch.

works pretty good when it's a sleep podcast.

...what?... oh, some dumb thing these guys are int snkkkkkkkkkkk...

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

aside from collision going full Record Store Guy at the end and making a fool of himself

why I dropped the show right here

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Famethrowa posted:

why I dropped the show right here

"thing is bad on purpose and I am a clever boy for noticing this and not being hoodwinked" is one of those top-tier irritating takes that has the fun element of usually being totally wrong, showing the takers rear end and ignorance completely in the process, and also far more boringly common than the person saying it thinks it is, and it's amazing how much goodwill collision managed to burn with that one. He owned himself similarly by saying really dumb poo poo about twin peaks s3 that got basic info wrong, so dude should probably cool it a bit with the takes

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 8, 2019

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The only things bad on purpose is stuff like Perfect Hair Forever where they are parodying poorly made things.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

it's amazing how much goodwill collision managed to burn with that one.
Was this in the Party Pit or on Twitter or what

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Was this in the Party Pit or on Twitter or what

I meant to write personally, sorry, he's generally been a lot better about keeping his Record Store Guy poo poo in check lately but that was just such a dipshit take.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Rest in peace, Neil Peart.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Hey we get a shoutout in the latest episode! Apparently we're a bunch of fedora wearers who go around saying "M'lady" all the time?

Guess I gotta go update my fashion.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

GigaPeon posted:

Hey we get a shoutout in the latest episode! Apparently we're a bunch of fedora wearers who go around saying "M'lady" all the time?

I must have missed it, do they call out this thread specifically?

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Drunkboxer posted:

I must have missed it, do they call out this thread specifically?

He refers to mid-'00s SA, iirc.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

GigaPeon posted:

Goons being gigantic insufferable turbonerds is a long and venerable self-deprecating joke on SA

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Goons being gigantic insufferable turbonerds is a long and venerable self-deprecating joke on SA

J is a former goon too so he knows pretty well.

Think that "roll call" rap was him.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Famethrowa posted:

J is a former goon too so he knows pretty well.

Think that "roll call" rap was him.

ANIME CLUB DUDE JUST REP YA WORK
I’M LIKE A SUPER SAIYAN STUFFED IN A CHECKERED SHIRT
ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS WANNA COME AND TEST THE VERSE
(LISTEN UP!)
HERE THE PLAYERS THAT’LL GET YOU HURT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The Patreon episode this month was goddamn hilarious, I love when they do weird books like “something a 9 year old wrote in 1890”.

I’ve only been listening to this for a month or so and I love it. I was kind of surprised that a lot of people in this thread don’t like Collision too much, I think he’s a pretty good cohost. Though, like I said, only been listening for a little while, maybe I’ll get sick of him.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The Patreon episode this month was goddamn hilarious, I love when they do weird books like “something a 9 year old wrote in 1890”.

I’ve only been listening to this for a month or so and I love it. I was kind of surprised that a lot of people in this thread don’t like Collision too much, I think he’s a pretty good cohost. Though, like I said, only been listening for a little while, maybe I’ll get sick of him.

He's pretty good in small doses, but his jokey tics and idiosyncrasies get tiring.

Mostly, I'd like to have guest cohosts again just for a change of pace.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

He's pretty good in small doses, but his jokey tics and idiosyncrasies get tiring.

Mostly, I'd like to have guest cohosts again just for a change of pace.

I’d be fine with just more guests, but I guess it might be hard for them to get people living in SF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I like him just fine, but I mostly listen for two people with big dad energy talking adjacent to a book than anything else and I feel like most of the stuff people object to with him is part and parcel of the dad energy.