Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Diaper fetishists aren't pedophiles.

Like all fetishes, they make no logical sense but if it's two consenting adults not in public it's fine with me.

Of course, any bastards showing their fetishes in public need to go to jail regardless of the kink.

This has been LGBTQ kink culture 101 for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Cool.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
What comes after furries and bronies

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

goose willis posted:

Closet furries and bronies

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

goose willis posted:

Gurries and cronies

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

goose willis posted:

Republicans

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

goose willis posted:

The horse, if it's a healthy relationship

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Count Uvula posted:

The horse, if it's a healthy relationship

Mr Pence, this is a Chick-fil-A drive-thru

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Serperoth posted:

Mr Pence, this is a Chick-fil-A drive-thru

Oh, in that case can I get a bread sandwich, hold the mayonnaise? I don't think Mother would appreciate me eating something so spicy on the weekend. And no ice for my small water please, I prefer it room temperature so it doesn't upset my palate.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

You're acting like the Nazifurs and babyfurs -- or as we call them, pedophiles -- and the like are the majority. They're not. The furry fandom tries to be as inclusive as possible because the majority of them find themselves ostracized and outcast, usually for being LGBGTQ+, and as such many of them are afraid to speak up against the more problematic members.

But that's changing. The fandom at large is telling Nazis and pedophiles and other garbage to get the gently caress out of their spaces, that they are no longer welcome, because there is no place for hatred and abuse in a community that's supposed to be about expressing yourself and finding respite from the world at large.

I don't care much for furry stuff, but I've had the pleasure of meeting some really, really cool ones -- some of which are on this very forum, some in this very thread -- and with only a few exceptions they're as good or better than most other people I know. Most furry-haters are either stuck in the mid-aughts, closet homophobes, are both.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Agrinja posted:

The average furry is still basically harmless, and like juggalos are now allies in the fight against the literal nazis

Yeah, I remember when Ike sent the 2nd Furry/Juggalo Brigade into the Ardennes to back up the 101st Airborne at Bastogne.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not a furry so I'm not speaking for myself but it's pretty obvious that they (qua furries) don't want to gently caress "animals" as in non-person dogs and cats and whatever

The characters the fandom deals with are intelligent humanoid people that don't happen to be fully human. Sure this is probably a coping mechanism for dealing with the feeling if not fitting into mainstream society, but it's not zoophilia, like at all.

It's no more zoophilia than if you were attracted to Spock or something. Conflating the two makes you seem like an idiot who can't detect nuance

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Bloop posted:

It's no more zoophilia than if you were attracted to Spock or something. Conflating the two makes you seem like an idiot who can't detect nuance

Lord yes, we gotta remember to be nuanced when joking about people who wear fursuits to gently caress.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I've met a furry in real life and she didn't insist on either of us wearing fursuits. She sure was aggressive, though! :kimchi:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

There's a furry in my real life social circle and she's a bit awkward, but no more than I am. Not sure how high that praise is, honestly, but there it is. That's probably why we run in the same circle.

Anyway I don't understand the furry hate and never have. Why do you care?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Cool.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Lord yes, we gotta remember to be nuanced when joking about people who wear fursuits to gently caress.

I don't think it's a joke.

Baseless accusations comparing harmless queer subcultures to actually heinous and harmful poo poo is pretty unfunny, even if they are AUG subcultures.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh, so they just wish they were an animal. OK, that's totally normal and not at all loving stupid poo poo that normal people outgrow in their adolescence.

I think for most folks where its not a fetish, the fursona stuff is just people desperately trying to build a unique identity/social niche in an online world where doing that is increasingly impossible. Honestly, I think the same goes for most folks with extremely specific sexual orientations (demiromantic, sapiosexual etc), and probably at least a chunk (certainly not all) of the nonbinary crowd.

People want to be unique, and that was alot easier to do pre-internet.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I, for one, don't like furries.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Furries are completely tame compared to those folks who are into modifying and mutilating genitals. Now that's gross.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Luckyellow posted:

Furries are completely tame compared to those folks who are into modifying and mutilating genitals. Now that's gross.

As long as it's their own genitals who cares? Gotta get increasingly difficult to find a partner who likes a weird banana split dick outside of that particular subculture though...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, and those people are weird too. But I'm sure they'll be with us against the nazis so let's just pretend cutting off circulation to your dick with rubber bands so you can split it in two is normal.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

who cares, yolo bitch

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Tubgoat posted:

I've met a furry in real life and she didn't insist on either of us wearing fursuits. She sure was aggressive, though! :kimchi:

I dated a furry back in college. She was sweet, a little awkward, but a good person all around. We had to break up though because our schedules didn't mesh well and to be perfectly honest I had -- have -- a lot of issues that make it hard for me to get close to people.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, and those people are weird too. But I'm sure they'll be with us against the nazis so let's just pretend cutting off circulation to your dick with rubber bands so you can split it in two is normal.

You're starting to sound like one of those dudes who dismiss transfolk by saying, "Hey, if a dude wants to call himself a woman, who am I to care? Sure, I'll call him a girl, whatever floats his boat." You know, the ones who casually refer to gender affirmation surgery as "mutilating his dick."

Like, who the gently caress cares what normal is? Have you seen the world today? We have Nazis again. We have white supremacists with token black mouthpieces spreading their rotting screed. We have literal concentration camps along the American southern border and the president is a jabbering half-senile pseudo-billionaire reality show host. Normal can go gently caress itself, normal led us to this, normal has become a sick parody of itself, so if someone wants to express themself by modifying their body, I say go to it.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Count Uvula posted:

The horse, if it's a stable relationship

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

You're starting to sound like one of those dudes who dismiss transfolk by saying, "Hey, if a dude wants to call himself a woman, who am I to care? Sure, I'll call him a girl, whatever floats his boat." You know, the ones who casually refer to gender affirmation surgery as "mutilating his dick."

Like, who the gently caress cares what normal is? Have you seen the world today? We have Nazis again. We have white supremacists with token black mouthpieces spreading their rotting screed. We have literal concentration camps along the American southern border and the president is a jabbering half-senile pseudo-billionaire reality show host. Normal can go gently caress itself, normal led us to this, normal has become a sick parody of itself, so if someone wants to express themself by modifying their body, I say go to it.

:hai:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I'm sure this kind of posting will stop being awkward and start being funny eventually

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Screaming Idiot posted:

I dated a furry back in college. She was sweet, a little awkward, but a good person all around. We had to break up though because our schedules didn't mesh well and to be perfectly honest I had -- have -- a lot of issues that make it hard for me to get close to people.

Assuming that we aren't talking about trans folks in some coded way, cutting your dick in half lengthwise in your bathroom with internet versions of Time-Life home surgery guides isn't "not normal", its incredibly unsafe self harm, and the American right wing getting 20% more fashy doesnt change that.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Ah but did you know some furries ARE nazis??" I somehow unironically post in the hell timeline, called so because everything including most western governments have been infested with nazis

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Screaming Idiot posted:

Now take all that anger and go punch a nazi instead of wasting it on a dead forum.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Dressing up in a silly animal costume because it is fun and silly = cool and good.

Dressing up in a silly animal costume because it gets your rocks off = cool and good, (with the usual caveats that you get your rocks off consensually, and with legal adults.)

Dressing up in a silly animal costume in public because it gets your rocks off, and getting your rocks off in public = creepy and bad

Making your entire identity and self worth be based around dressing up in a silly animal costume because in reality your soul is a rainbow coloured 7 tailed magical fox with a spiked dick = creepy, sad, mockable, and bad

Furry lover or Furry hater, I don't think any of the above can be argued with.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Assuming that we aren't talking about trans folks in some coded way, cutting your dick in half lengthwise in your bathroom with internet versions of Time-Life home surgery guides isn't "not normal", its incredibly unsafe self harm, and the American right wing getting 20% more fashy doesnt change that.

You're right, it is self-harm to do it that way, and by treating it like a mental illness we're preventing those who wish to modify themselves from getting proper medical advice. A person's body is theirs to do with as they will. The same arguments used against body modification literally are the same ones TERFS use to dismiss and de-legitimize transpeople, the same ones used by fundamentalists and fascists to deny abortions and birth control to those who don't wish to procreate (or do wish to procreate but otherwise would not be allowed), the same ones used by society to ridicule those who get "normal" body mods such as piercings and tattoos because they're universally seen as proof of a person's inability to manage themselves.

I think that if someone wishes to modify their body that they should do so under the supervision of a skilled medical professional and labeling those that would do so as "awful, ugly, and gross" is not only counterproductive, it is actually harmful to society as a whole. Bodily autonomy is important, whether it's a matter of reproductive rights, gender identity, or simple aesthetics -- these issues are inextricably linked to a person's identity. Body dysphoria isn't limited to transfolk, after all.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BrigadierSensible posted:

Dressing up in a silly animal costume because it is fun and silly = cool and good.

Dressing up in a silly animal costume because it gets your rocks off = cool and good, (with the usual caveats that you get your rocks off consensually, and with legal adults.)

Dressing up in a silly animal costume in public because it gets your rocks off, and getting your rocks off in public = creepy and bad

Making your entire identity and self worth be based around dressing up in a silly animal costume because in reality your soul is a rainbow coloured 7 tailed magical fox with a spiked dick = creepy, sad, mockable, and bad

Furry lover or Furry hater, I don't think any of the above can be argued with.

:same:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

central dogma posted:

Now take all that anger and go punch a nazi instead of wasting it on a dead forum.

If a Nazi happens to make himself apparent, and if he won't take his bile elsewhere, I absolutely will punch him, or worse. But this "dead forum" is pretty active, and your casual dismissal doesn't change the fact that this message is one that needs to be spread through any possible venue. We have to examine our biases and determine whether they are warranted, and if so, how they are to be applied in a way that is reasonable. For example, I am not a furry, but I will respect someone's right to like furry art, but I will not respect the wishes of one who wishes to poo poo in a diaper at a playground while wearing a Sonic the Hedgehog costume.

I also find it suspect that any time someone speaks out against Nazis and the growing trend toward fascism in most governments someone has to Kramer into the conversation with a, "well why aren't you, personally, doing something about it instead of talking about it???"

Like, talking about it is doing something. Not every piece of activism has to be direct action, not every action must perfectly align with praxis. When in a casual conversation someone drops something close to a right-wing talking point, it's good to refute it. Best case scenario, it gets the other person to think and re-evaluate their position, worst case scenario they dig in, but those who hear -- or read -- the conversation may be able to re-evaluate their own position.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

You're right, it is self-harm to do it that way, and by treating it like a mental illness we're preventing those who wish to modify themselves from getting proper medical advice. A person's body is theirs to do with as they will. The same arguments used against body modification literally are the same ones TERFS use to dismiss and de-legitimize transpeople, the same ones used by fundamentalists and fascists to deny abortions and birth control to those who don't wish to procreate (or do wish to procreate but otherwise would not be allowed), the same ones used by society to ridicule those who get "normal" body mods such as piercings and tattoos because they're universally seen as proof of a person's inability to manage themselves.

I think that if someone wishes to modify their body that they should do so under the supervision of a skilled medical professional and labeling those that would do so as "awful, ugly, and gross" is not only counterproductive, it is actually harmful to society as a whole. Bodily autonomy is important, whether it's a matter of reproductive rights, gender identity, or simple aesthetics -- these issues are inextricably linked to a person's identity. Body dysphoria isn't limited to transfolk, after all.

While I agree with your sentiment of gently caress TERFs and the like about body autonomy, where does extreme body modification end and actual self mutilation begin? Like people who feel the need to be without eyes or a limb, and who take it upon themselves to blind themselves or self amputate? Like you say body modification should be done under the care of a skilled medical professional, but I don’t know of any doctor or surgeon who would willingly remove someone’s eyes or bifurcate their penis because the person wants to.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Pull up thread.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Screaming Idiot posted:

But that's changing. The fandom at large is telling Nazis and pedophiles and other garbage to get the gently caress out of their spaces, that they are no longer welcome, because there is no place for hatred and abuse in a community that's supposed to be about expressing yourself and finding respite from the world at large.

"We were willing collaborators with the Furred Reich for decades, but we've seen which way the wind is blowing so we've decided we are against those guys now"

Who can possibly argue with such a strong, principled moral stand? :allears:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

aardwolf posted:

"We were willing collaborators with the Furred Reich for decades, but we've seen which way the wind is blowing so we've decided we are against those guys now"

Who can possibly argue with such a strong, principled moral stand? :allears:

all the lgbtq+ people (the majority involved in conventions and events etc.) in the main community have shunned and banned them, such that there are these pathetic furry boomers that are on the surface mad at the culture being about sex. (it's actually incredibly thinly veiled homophobia)

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

While I agree with your sentiment of gently caress TERFs and the like about body autonomy, where does extreme body modification end and actual self mutilation begin? Like people who feel the need to be without eyes or a limb, and who take it upon themselves to blind themselves or self amputate? Like you say body modification should be done under the care of a skilled medical professional, but I don’t know of any doctor or surgeon who would willingly remove someone’s eyes or bifurcate their penis because the person wants to.

What right do we have to dictate how they live their lives? If they wish to blind themselves, cripple themselves, then they should have the right. One can easily use the same logic for transpeople -- after all, transitioning more often than not can destroy your social status, cut you off from friends and family, destroy job opportunities, and cause severe mental and physiological health risks. And yet people do it anyway, because they know what they want. They would rather suffer and risk death to be who they wish to be than to take the path of least resistance and force themself into a role they know is not for them.

I think bifurcating your dick is a foolish thing to do. But then again, I think piercings and tattoos are also foolish things to do, because punching holes in yourself feels wrong to me. But that's how I feel, and how I feel about the matter should have absolutely no bearing on what you or anyone else should do. If you want to bifurcate your dong, pierce your nipples, and get a tattoo of Ronald McDonald waltzing with Peter Griffin on your forehead, then I, and by that extension society, should not be able to prevent you from doing so. I mean, we're allowed to laugh at the tattoo, but we can't punish or shame you for having it.

Please note that I'm not trying to diminish the significance of gender affirmation surgery with that example, just noting that bodily autonomy is important whether it's something as simple as a piercing or as major as an organ transplant. Our bodies are one of the very few things that belong to us, and as long as our choices do not directly harm others than we should be able to do with them as we wish.

Screaming Idiot has a new favorite as of 07:05 on Dec 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

what in the fresh hell is this poo poo