Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
idk if anybody was still looking for a stick after black Friday weekend, but this is the actual best deal asides from the mvci art
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07XW1HPSS/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Nazzadan posted:

They picked the worst possible character to bring back and honestly that rules

I hope this means he gets the Julia Hug in T7.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Man my fingers cannot hit these tiny controller buttons accurately to save my life :negative:

Can't chain these combos worth a drat

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Dec 8, 2019

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

FrostyPox posted:

Man my fingers cannot hit these tiny controller buttons accurately to save my life :negative:

Can't chain these combos worth a drat

Play Samsho, tell combos they can eat your Hanzo Hattori steel. Or like a hawk you told to attack it. Attack the combos.

I got my Panthera Evo! It's very sticky. Also the design it comes with is hideous, so I need to make a new one. Now taking good comedy suggestions for new art. Also, what's a good place to send to have the printout made and cut for holes? I will never be able to do a good job of that myself.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Focus Attack seems to be a very good place for that.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

HerniaFlange posted:

Play Samsho, tell combos they can eat your Hanzo Hattori steel. Or like a hawk you told to attack it. Attack the combos.

I got my Panthera Evo! It's very sticky. Also the design it comes with is hideous, so I need to make a new one. Now taking good comedy suggestions for new art. Also, what's a good place to send to have the printout made and cut for holes? I will never be able to do a good job of that myself.

I'll just keep practicing til I git gud

But I'll also check out Samurai Showdown, too, cuz I'm interested in seeing what's out there in general!

I also just played SG and Painwheel had a bunch of valley girl voice lines??? I'm not sure what happened but it was real funny (EDIT Oh, I see, some characters have alternate voice packs if you hit up or down during character selection)

EDIT: Looking at Samurai Showdown and something I've noticed about a lot of Japanese fighting games (Street Fighter, Tekken), the character designs don't do much for me. They're cool, but in my perusing fighting games I find there are few characters that make me go "holy poo poo that dude/girl/thing looks real fuckin' cool" in Street Fighter, Tekken, and Samurai Showdown. There's no Painwheel, D'Vorah, or Noob Saibot

Soul Calibur has Voldo though

EDIT EDIT: That reminds me I wish they would do a new Bushido Blade. I only played it like four times ever but it was really cool how it was mostly about avoiding and blocking attacks and most hits were an instakill. It was a really interesting concept

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 8, 2019

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

check out guilty gear, all the cool characters live there

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

b_d posted:

check out guilty gear, all the cool characters live there

Yeah wow there's some really good ones there. I like the one that's a weird mechanical bed (no sarcasm, I legit think that's pretty neat)

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

FrostyPox posted:

Yeah wow there's some really good ones there. I like the one that's a weird mechanical bed (no sarcasm, I legit think that's pretty neat)

His name is Bedman. I’m serious. It owns.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
When it comes to weird and cool designs, Capcom peaked with Darkstalkers.

Also, have you heard the word of the BLITZTANK, my friend?

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

OK Blazblue also has some pretty decent looking characters.

I'll have to get it and Guilty Gear and Samsho at some point

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Guilty Gear, Blazblue, BB Cross Tag, Under Night all have some pretty rad character designs

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FrostyPox posted:

EDIT: Looking at Samurai Showdown and something I've noticed about a lot of Japanese fighting games (Street Fighter, Tekken), the character designs don't do much for me. They're cool, but in my perusing fighting games I find there are few characters that make me go "holy poo poo that dude/girl/thing looks real fuckin' cool" in Street Fighter, Tekken, and Samurai Showdown. There's no Painwheel, D'Vorah, or Noob Saibot

Soul Calibur has Voldo though

EDIT EDIT: That reminds me I wish they would do a new Bushido Blade. I only played it like four times ever but it was really cool how it was mostly about avoiding and blocking attacks and most hits were an instakill. It was a really interesting concept
street fighter and tekken just kinda have bland martial art dude designs for the most part and samsho is goign for a kind of restrained aesthetic. like the earlier samurai shodown games barely even had music, they aren't meant to be super over the top. more 'anime' games usually have 1-3 slots taken up by weird poo poo like

plus more interesting designs for the more normal characters

obvs. sometimes it does or doesnt work and where that line is is different depending on who you are but its usually more interesting than 'dude in gi' anyway

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ofc samsho 2019 is also missing a lot of samsho's weirder characters.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
SNK deliberately keeps Samsho pretty restrained for the most part, but the later more anime games do have some wacky bullshit characters that probably won't ever come back.

Yashamaru was them trying to make a Samsho character with the same stylish traits as a KOF character, for whatever that's worth.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
so the president won't come back?

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

So after watching some videos I take back what I said about Samsho, it has a pirate with a razor-axe thing and a confused-looking Taoist priest who can apparently accidentally summon a dragon to murder her opponent.

11/10

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

SNK deliberately keeps Samsho pretty restrained for the most part, but the later more anime games do have some wacky bullshit characters that probably won't ever come back.
give me zankuro and his five frames of animation

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FrostyPox posted:

So after watching some videos I take back what I said about Samsho, it has a pirate with a razor-axe thing and a confused-looking Taoist priest who can apparently accidentally summon a dragon to murder her opponent.

11/10

Darli is the closest we'll get to a Bloodborne Hunter in a traditional-style fighting game.

She's the best.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Shinji2015 posted:

Darli is the closest we'll get to a Bloodborne Hunter in a traditional-style fighting game.

She's the best.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

A lot of the older games were just being designer around stereotypes of the times to show things like "This guys a ninja! This guys a boxer!" I expect the same with Tekken as a 3d demo, and I wouldn't be surprised if the entire reason for Paul's appearance was someone loving with the models and saying "look what I can do to this guys hair".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Dave posted:

A lot of the older games were just being designer around stereotypes of the times to show things like "This guys a ninja! This guys a boxer!" I expect the same with Tekken as a 3d demo, and I wouldn't be surprised if the entire reason for Paul's appearance was someone loving with the models and saying "look what I can do to this guys hair".
no its a jojos reference

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just wouldn't be surprised if it was a little of both, maybe not though. Regardless sometimes characters are just tech demos, especially with Street fighter. The two that pop up in my head would be Gill who's whole design is based around not flipping sprites and I won't buy any story for Necalli other than showing off their physics engine.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

No Saw Cleaver, 0/10 :colbert:

Also, Harada showed off trailers for the rest of the T7 S3 DLC today during Tekken World Finals. Leroy looks amazing.

https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/1203664870337433600

https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/1203662487322648576

https://twitter.com/TEKKEN/status/1203662520491204610

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

them bringing ganryu back is the funniest thing in the world

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Well, glad they got some use out of the Sagat model they made for Tekken X Street Fighter anyways.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol really good ganryu trailer

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Dave posted:

Gill who's whole design is based around not flipping sprites
I mean, technically he's flipping sprites, he's just also swapping palettes, which is the actual feature they're showing off (and would again with what's-her-name from Warzard).

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

me during the start of TWT top 8:

me during the TWT GF:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
you should wake up earlier in the day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hace posted:

you should wake up earlier in the day

I was up late watching group stage....

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Ganryu owns, Fakrhakrhaumyhuak looks not very good.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
i love julias lack of reaction watching our charming hero ganryu stream

wow they did a good job with leroy

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Endorph posted:

no its a jojos reference

You need at least 1 jojo hair reference to be a serious fighting game franchise. See Guile and Benimaru

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Xand_Man posted:

You need at least 1 jojo hair reference to be a serious fighting game franchise. See Guile and Benimaru

I was gonna contest this but Melty Blood has a gay vampire so it checks out.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

Please, his name is Fuckerman.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

I hope Leroy has more than one move that uses his rappin' bulldog buddy.

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah, he's too try-hard. Bruce would have been cooler, but I'm sticking with my theory that Fahkumram-

Crocoswine posted:

Please, his name is Fuckerman.
Right, sorry, Fuckerman is a repurposed Sagat model since Tekken X Street Fighter is dead. I bet the glowing veins thing is a leftover from the Tiger upgrade move Sagat has. I was going to say Ganryu probably uses leftover stuff from an E Honda model but he was in 6 so that model is probably recent enough to be what they'd use as a base.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 8, 2019

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
When ganryu appeared I got confused cuz I could’ve sworn he was already in. I was of course just thinking about Virtua Fighter, like we all should be doing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ganryu is back to Tekken because he's tired of losing to Hakuho in bashos. That's canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
is ganryu trying to chase clout by mimicking his favorite streamer julia also canon