Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Is it possible to make Aurthur not unequip his guns every time he rides his horse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

The rolling block just makes me hope we get the buffalo rifle back, give me a giant boomy single shot rifle with irons.

I'd forgetten that thing. Yes. And for the nth time gimme my goddam buffalo back

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

The knockback on that buffalo rifle was extreme!
Come for the kill.
Stay for the ragdoll show.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Before I start as a collector, I've read you should get a full collection before turning it in but I also read you can only hold a few items of one type of collection and it's less than the full collection... So what gives?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

Is it possible to make Aurthur not unequip his guns every time he rides his horse?

Not that I found. What's worse is that if you die and reload from a checkpoint - you seem to reload with a different set of guns. Game seems to want to deny me the use of my shotgun whenever possible....

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009
So I cant get past the first multiplayer mission due to constant disconnects stating that its rock stars fault.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Hemish posted:

Before I start as a collector, I've read you should get a full collection before turning it in but I also read you can only hold a few items of one type of collection and it's less than the full collection... So what gives?

You can hold 10 of each item in a collection and you only need one of each for a full collection.

I think you are referring to weekly collections which are 3 specific items from any of the collections. You will get one of each item in a full collection run (discounting random drops/finds) so if you hand in the weekly collection you can't do the full collections those items are from. I believe it's more cost effective to ignore it.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Pwnstar posted:

You can hold 10 of each item in a collection and you only need one of each for a full collection.

I think you are referring to weekly collections which are 3 specific items from any of the collections. You will get one of each item in a full collection run (discounting random drops/finds) so if you hand in the weekly collection you can't do the full collections those items are from. I believe it's more cost effective to ignore it.

Oh so if it's for example 11 flowers, you can hold 10 of each of the 11 flowers? I thought it meant you could hold 10/11 so I was wondering how you could turn in a whole set.

Does this mean you can turn them multiple times for money?

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

Hemish posted:

Oh so if it's for example 11 flowers, you can hold 10 of each of the 11 flowers? I thought it meant you could hold 10/11 so I was wondering how you could turn in a whole set.

You can hold ten of each of the collectables, flowers, coins, whatever. You can turn in multiple sets. Turning in every collection nets you about $4k.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Joining a random open posse is a real crapshoot. Half the time it's some confused newbie that doesn't even understand what's going on. Tonight though I joined on a party turning in a giant wagon for like $350. Yeeeah!

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
i have gotten all 20 trader ranks by randomly dropping in on parties completing deliveries

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Hemish posted:

Yes and yes.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Follow up on the disconnect issue: in short, there’s a lot of things that it could be.

In my case, two things seemed to distinctly improve my “Rockstar Error Disconnect” rate. I validated the game cache, which downloaded a full 50gb again (???) and then I changed my Ethernet from being connected to my PC’s network card to the motherboard instead.

(No I don’t know why I have a network card. I bought it that way.)

Once I was into the motherboard and not that, my disconnects went from frequent and inexplicable to “probably actually a latency issue/network disconnect”

I played a shitload with a buddy tonight and didn’t get a single error code disconnect.

If anyone is really plagued I can share the steps that rockstar support told me. I can’t be 100% sure which steps helped, and YMMV, but beyond what I mentioned the process got me from a disconnect every 15 minutes to stable for hours.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

The rolling block just makes me hope we get the buffalo rifle back, give me a giant boomy single shot rifle with irons.

the springfield trapdoor rifle exists

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

GreatGreen posted:

Set your weapon load out at the Gunsmith via the Customize option. Pray it stays.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Even if you set it its still up in the air whether you'll actually equip those things when you get off your horse though. I just got into the habit of setting my guns each time I mounted because it was so unreliable. It's crazy that the same system works perfectly fine in RDO.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Squirrel Burger posted:

i have gotten all 20 trader ranks by randomly dropping in on parties completing deliveries

This really is the best way to level trader. Almost all my trader xp / $$ has come from using the reddit redeadonline discord (yeah I know, ugh) to join in on groups looking to fill up for protection of large, distant deliveries.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Nearing the end of storymode, that ride back to Shady Belle after leaving Guarma, when that track kicks in.. Story's had some real good moments so far but for something that ride back was something else.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Fishstick posted:

Even if you set it its still up in the air whether you'll actually equip those things when you get off your horse though. I just got into the habit of setting my guns each time I mounted because it was so unreliable. It's crazy that the same system works perfectly fine in RDO.

It's because of story missions sometimes automatically giving you a loadout they expect you to use instead of just leaving it as what you used last. Kinda feels like a debug or mission replay feature they forgot to disable for the actual campaign, people have had checkpoints totally delete guns from their inventory and just leave them with the default mandatory ones.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
If I have 10 of something does it just automatically give you a different item of the same type? A different coin than you would normally get?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I just realized you can use Q/E on the passive abilities menu to see other types of abilities. So that's where the other things people were talking about were hidden.

RIP my in-game $$$

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

Nash posted:

If I have 10 of something does it just automatically give you a different item of the same type? A different coin than you would normally get?

Nope it just won't let you pick it or dig it up.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
Went AFK for a bit, and came back to find a rank 6 player taking a picture of me on my horse :3:

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Scherloch posted:

Went AFK for a bit, and came back to find a rank 6 player taking a picture of me on my horse :3:

And then you lassoed him and showed him just how fast your horse goes right?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

FileNotFound posted:

I most certainly would have

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Just ran into an invincible dude with unlimited dynamite trying to disrupt a delivery mission, so good to know the hackers made it from GTA Online...

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Glenn Quebec posted:

I most certainly would have

I'm surprised you haven't been in RDO when the steam release hit showing steam newbies how RDO is meant to be played.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Akion posted:

Just ran into an invincible dude with unlimited dynamite trying to disrupt a delivery mission, so good to know the hackers made it from GTA Online...

I ran into an invincible person in a Throwing Knife only battle earlier. Stabbed them repeatedly and threw multiple knives and they one-shot me and just ran around one-shotting everybody.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Party Plane Jones posted:

the springfield trapdoor rifle exists

Not big and boomy enough :colbert:

Edit:

Hell just let us take the scope off the rolling block

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGN-05vjXuY

:stoked:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 9, 2019

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

FileNotFound posted:

Since he was essentially complementing me, I let him go. Had some rank 7 spit on me, though, and he got a load of buckshot. Killed his horse, too.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I learned two things last night, both important. First that the GTAO cheats that allow you to just blow up everyone in the lobby are back already. Second, fire kills horses very, very effectively. Distressingly so. Molotovs in PvP, people.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

did the legendary bounty in online where you have to capture the anarchist and his crew of militant leftists.

I'm sorry bro :(

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So now everytime I get online I get booted within 30 seconds... nothing's changed on my end, as far as I am aware.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Bullfrog posted:

did the legendary bounty in online where you have to capture the anarchist and his crew of militant leftists.

Same. He was really likeable.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Orv posted:

Second, fire kills horses very, very effectively. Distressingly so. Molotovs in PvP, people.

Incendiary buckshot is similarly effective.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Bullfrog posted:

That guy did nothing wrong, much like Etta Doyle, and they both should've been mission givers.

Also ran into a mod menu posse where they all had the same name of Admin, dressed in klan robes, and had spawned the legendary gator in valentine as well as explosive ammo equipped Maxim guns so I guess we're at that stage in Online, sweet

Session Sweeper when

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
everything but the robes sounds fucken sweet

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
PC controls are so wonky. There was some got building a house near Valentine having a shootout with some dudes. I killed them and when I tried to talk to the guy I drew my weapon and had to end up killing him. whoops.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I had heard people mentioning it a lot so it wasn't a total surprise but I just did the getting drunk in Valentine mission and was grinning the whole time, that was a pretty great little mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

explosivo posted:

I had heard people mentioning it a lot so it wasn't a total surprise but I just did the getting drunk in Valentine mission and was grinning the whole time, that was a pretty great little mission.

That lead up to the fistfight and fightin' words and then the quick-cut to all of them doing the can-can on the bar had me in stitches.

ENLLY?