Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Holy gently caress this snake shot grind was awful but clowning 4 people in a row billy the kid style makes up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You should have seen it a week ago.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

what unlocks the new LMG? i "hover" over it for lack of a better term and it just has a lock but no info

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Statutory Ape posted:

what unlocks the new LMG? i "hover" over it for lack of a better term and it just has a lock but no info

It's a tier of the battle pass. You can see on which tier you're now by the progress bar below it on the Battle Pass tab.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

I've probably improved since the game came out but last night and this morning the matches seem more balanced than the last couple weeks. I'm not getting nearly as much of the lag/fake hits/ghosting etc that everyone has noticed. Most of the time when I have died it makes sense and the kill cams match my experience.

I still think netcode has more to do with this games issues than SBMM.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
What does personal radar actually do, other than letting other players know exactly where you are by having a helicopter hovering over your head on the minimap?

soggybagel posted:

A downside I noticed to being in a squad of 3 is that when you play the new mode you much more often get paired up 3 vs 4 and quite frankly the extra guy really is an advantage. When I’m on a 4 vs 3 we rarely lose.

I played gunfight the other day and the first time I was alone vs 2 people, then after I quit that after being bummed for a couple rounds I was alone against 3 people, which I didn’t even think was possible.

Statutory Ape posted:

15 or 20 in the free battle pass tiers I think.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It's tier 31

Butterfly Valley posted:

What does personal radar actually do, other than letting other players know exactly where you are by having a helicopter hovering over your head on the minimap?

My theory is it works for everyone on your team but you. I don't see any personal UAV behaviour when it's up. I've seen a pulsing circle style scan without one, I need to pay more attention next time.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Dec 8, 2019

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Personal radar's purpose is to show where you are at when the other team doesnt have a UAV up and/or you are running ghost. The side benefit is letting the other team see if they accidentally flip you from a spawn trap.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

banned from Starbucks posted:

Holy gently caress this snake shot grind was awful but clowning 4 people in a row billy the kid style makes up for it.

Apparently the way they "fixed" snake shot, is that only every other round actually fires snake shot. Test it on a wall.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
They need to buff molotovs

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just give two molotovs baseline, because otherwise they're just a shittier thermite grenade.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Digital Jedi posted:

Been playing for a few days and been having a blast to be honest. Never played COD multiplayer before only ever did the campaigns.

Are there any mission & challenges I should focus on at first that are easy or important to get?
The first one. It's something like "play a game of mp" "win a game of mp" and so on. You get a pistol out of it, I think. Finally got those Dragunov headshot kills so now I can never use it again.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
AK-47 overkilled with the R9-0 is my new favorite setup. The R9-0 is pretty rough to start with, but once you get the first extended barrels attachment (level 16 I think?) it becomes amazing.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I wish this game had an “I’m drunk as gently caress, please stop tracking my stats for the night” option. Last night is totally gonna gently caress with my matchmaking. Beer and trying to grind the 680 to unlock the slugs is a bad combo.

E:Did they buff the pistols recently? I used to suck with them but now I’m some kind of triple kill monster with the 9mm

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I wish this game had an “I’m drunk as gently caress, please stop tracking my stats for the night” option. Last night is totally gonna gently caress with my matchmaking. Beer and trying to grind the 680 to unlock the slugs is a bad combo.

E:Did they buff the pistols recently? I used to suck with them but now I’m some kind of triple kill monster with the 9mm

You have to unlock the "I'm drunk as gently caress and do not give a poo poo about stats" mode in your brain but then you're golden.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I need a feature that auto mutes me when I'm drunk and doing lovely and throwing tantrums every time I die.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I’ve never been one to rage but one of my friends goes batshit when he’s not doing well.

I just found the option to turn on mics in captures on Xbox so hopefully I get some good stuff.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Do you have to be a certain level to unlock blueprints? I'm level 4 and it won't let me choose any of my blueprints

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

GET MY BELT SON posted:

Do you have to be a certain level to unlock blueprints? I'm level 4 and it won't let me choose any of my blueprints

You pick those from your edit loadout screen, not the armory. Took me a bit to figure that out.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

GET MY BELT SON posted:

The Armory just shows you which ones you have, it's not where you pick to use them.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that SMGs are broken in a CoD game, but the M4 and every SMG (especially the MP7) very badly need to get an aggressive damage dropoff nerf.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm really glad the devs don't seem to be listening to all the terrible hot takes of people begging for every gun they don't like getting killed by to suck.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Lemon-Lime posted:

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that SMGs are broken in a CoD game, but the M4 and every SMG (especially the MP7) very badly need to get an aggressive damage dropoff nerf.

Why do you want the Uzi, already competing for the title of worst gun in the game, to be even worse?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

nerf nothing. Buff underpowered poo poo.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Strobe posted:

Why do you want the Uzi, already competing for the title of worst gun in the game, to be even worse?

The Uzi can stay as-is to give the poor thing a competitive advantage. The Bizon too, probably.

veni veni veni posted:

I'm really glad the devs don't seem to be listening to all the terrible hot takes of people begging for every gun they don't like getting killed by to suck.

I don't know why you think it's good for the MP7 and MP5 to outshoot all non-M4 ARs at all ranges.

Anyway, using the JOKR as a mortar on Killhouse is hilarious.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Edit: I missed that you said damage dropoff and not just damage. I guess that's reasonable. They are probably slighlty too good at range.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Dec 8, 2019

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

veni veni veni posted:

Rip the 680, LMGs except the new one, snakeshot (why is this even a thing, anyway? just make the special ammo hollow points or something), M13 I think also got a nerf making it a five hit kill versus the M4, MP5, and MP7 that are all three hits. Reducing the rate of fire on those three would help matters, and the second the devs buffed up other guns their preferred demographic would meltdown about ~*the meta*~ and the change would be redacted.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Got my gold camo for mp5. I’m trying but I can’t figure out the mp7. Can’t kill poo poo with it!

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

if you’re looking for more ps4 tryhards add me: DaddyHonry

I’m on EST and on most nights

Also thanks to anyone who was talking about the bizon, that gun is soooo good

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

Edit: I missed that you said damage dropoff and not just damage. I guess that's reasonable. They are probably slighlty too good at range.

Yeah, the up-close damage is totally fine, they just shouldn't be winning gunfights at range vs. ARs.

The M4 is the exact same thing - if it had way more aggressive dropoff to offset the ridiculous rate of fire and laser-accuracy, it would make the other ARs much more viable.

Capn Beeb posted:

Rip the 680, LMGs except the new one, snakeshot (why is this even a thing, anyway? just make the special ammo hollow points or something), M13 I think also got a nerf making it a five hit kill versus the M4, MP5, and MP7 that are all three hits. Reducing the rate of fire on those three would help matters, and the second the devs buffed up other guns their preferred demographic would meltdown about ~*the meta*~ and the change would be redacted.

PKM still seems pretty solid, way more so than the Holger. The problem with the LMGs is that they're LMGs in a game with 3-4 shot 850-900rpm laser beams that ADS in 0.2 seconds.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Dec 8, 2019

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Lemon-Lime posted:

Just give two molotovs baseline, because otherwise they're just a shittier thermite grenade.

At the very least you manage a direct hit with one they should die. Not get up and walk away.

bug chaser chaser
Dec 11, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

PKM still seems pretty solid, way more so than the Holger. The problem with the LMGs is that they're LMGs in a game with 3-4 shot 850-900rpm laser beams that ADS in 0.2 seconds.

I love all the guns in this CoD and it really feels you can be successful with anything... up until you run up someone with a MP5/M4 dropping you immediately across the map.

That’s the only thing that aggravates me about this cod - as good as I might play, if a MP5/M4 connects with me and doesn’t miss a bullet then it doesn’t matter that I shot first.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, the up-close damage is totally fine, they just shouldn't be winning gunfights at range vs. ARs.

The M4 is the exact same thing - if it had way more aggressive dropoff the ridiculous rate of fire and laser-accuracy, it would make the other ARs much more viable.

LMGs suck in death match but I’ve gotten some crazy “killed the entire enemy team without taking my finger off the trigger” stuff in hard point and headquarters. They suck if you have to be mobile but if you’re holding one point they’re bonkers.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I don't play ground war but maybe they balance some of this stuff around that?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Because there are a lot of good guns in the game, but they are all situational except smgs and M4 which can be used for literally anything. Been using the MP7 lately and it is pretty funny that I can counter snipe with it, using a run and gun, no stock, no sight attachment loadout.

no pubes yet sorry
Sep 11, 2003

Lemon-Lime posted:

The Bizon too, probably.

The Bizon is extremely good with recoil/ADS attachments. I'd say it is overpowered even.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Lemon-Lime posted:

The PKM got nerfed pretty hard in the first weapon adjustment pass, used to be I could win a fight against an M4 off and on, not all the time but I stood a chance, but now that it does less damage welp guess I'll just put something else in that loadout slot.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
There should be one type of gun in every class. One pistol. One rifle.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

So I haven't played in a week. Jump in to shoothouse to warm up, suddenly my M4 isn't killing anyone anymore. Struggle with it for half a dozen lives, think about coming in here and posting the old Godfather "look how they massacred my boy" meme, then finally switch to the MP5 and just shoot to the top of the scoreboard. Whats my go to AR now?

Think I'll pass on the BP for now. Still unlocking poo poo, poo poo I dont care about anyway so we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

How do I buy the anime gun I cant find it