Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
"Invested" is always a pro keyword search.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

There used to be (maybe still is) some site where the guy would review all the bro lifts and cover everything wrong with them, I'd love to see his opinions on this.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Must be nice to have the disposable income to build a complete shitpile like that then lose your rear end on it and not really care.

Could have bought a car for 250k that would have actually been a good investment.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Must be nice to have the disposable income to build a complete shitpile like that then lose your rear end on it and not really care.

Could have bought a car for 250k that would have actually been a good investment.

Like a minty, special edition r34 gtr in a storage facility in Canada? Im curious how insane that market will get.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Darchangel posted:

Wants $90K, and uses photos of a computer screen to list the specs.
Also, $250K invested.

Most people are smart enough not to brag that their investment has lost two thirds of its value.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

StormDrain posted:

Most people are smart enough not to brag that their investment has lost two thirds of its value.

I don’t think I’d want to own something built by someone who would publicly admit to it. It really calls their judgement into question.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

boxen posted:

"Invested" is always a pro keyword search.
Absolutely.

I'll add "show car" "easy fix" and "camero"

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/d/tampa-1990-toyota-celica-all-trac-turbo/7033224201.html

This is very tempting but not at that price, are these really worth that much?

Maybe and a BIG maybe for 7 grand.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

slidebite posted:

Absolutely.

Manuel. I also like mechanics special but there's mostly junk.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

slidebite posted:

Absolutely.

The irok camero was a helluva car.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

StormDrain posted:

Manuel. I also like mechanics special but there's mostly junk.

“won’t pass smog” or “pass smog” are good in California. a lot of times it’s just throwing a code for a dirty MAF or an O2 sensor or something cheap and easy.

and if not, we’ll always have Montana :wiggle:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I no what I got!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I've perhaps never been so confused.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/san-mateo-1986-aston-martin-lagonda-for/7032181631.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

I was going to say that's a lot for 11 grand but 110k lol

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
For some reason, with that bodykit on it all I can think of is the 6000SUX from Robocop. Even though I'm not sure I'd even say they look all that much alike.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

There's nothing more expensive than a cheap M3 right?

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Q_res posted:

For some reason, with that bodykit on it all I can think of is the 6000SUX from Robocop. Even though I'm not sure I'd even say they look all that much alike.

On the other hand, the fuel economy is almost spot on. :haw:

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/28837.shtml

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 9, 2019

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Q_res posted:

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

That car is PIMP. 110 grand, though - sheesh. The only other one I can find on Hemmings is a '84 for 70 large. Lagonda owners must be gluttons for (financial) punishment.

Edit: Maybe this thing is worth over 100 grand since it has a decent engine in it. Check this out from the '84 ad on Hemmings:

equipped with a 5.3 V8 engine with four Weber carburetors and more than 290 bhp

ausgezeichnet fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 9, 2019

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Aston Martin is bringing the Lagonda name back.

https://www2.astonmartin.com/en/cars/taraf

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Engine Description: GUZZLER GUZZLER is very powerful.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

ausgezeichnet posted:

That car is PIMP. 110 grand, though - sheesh. The only other one I can find on Hemmings is a '84 for 70 large. Lagonda owners must be gluttons for (financial) punishment.

Edit: Maybe this thing is worth over 100 grand since it has a decent engine in it. Check this out from the '84 ad on Hemmings:

equipped with a 5.3 V8 engine with four Weber carburetors and more than 290 bhp

The ad says that one has a 2011 crown vic engine in it to handle the saudi heat 😂

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

probably low because nobody wants the SMG cars. they can be converted pretty easily tho

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

It also spent its entire life in the NE, only recently sold at auction and moved south. And it was stolen and recovered twice.... And the last owner serviced it at pep boys. At least it got serviced I guess? I'm fine with an SMG car, converting to manual is very much in my wheelhouse.

All that being said.... The scariest part to me is the NE ownership, and whatever the underside looks like because of it. :stare:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

The ad says that one has a 2011 crown vic engine in it to handle the saudi heat 😂

The Crown Vic can tow a pontoon boat from Antarctica to Qatar without breaking a sweat.

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Copy that. The decent engine I was referring to didn't have four Weber carbs.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

that M3 has a gray exterior (bad) but at least it has a gray interior (good)

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

People who have "I don't really care about 250k" money would just throw it in a heated garage for a couple hundred a month and bring it out once every couple of years.

The person who built that makes enough money that they could get 100-200k of credit. They're shooting high at 250k, probably with a bunch of "well if I paid somebody else to do it that's what it would cost, but ol' Jim-Bob fixed me up" type reasoning. But they're not that rich. $92,900 is an awfully exact number - it's almost certainly what it would take to get them out of their immediate financial problems.

(oh, and cars are bad investments. Some go up in value but they're a pain in the rear end to keep in good condition and there's a whole lot of risk involved)

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

that M3 has a gray exterior (bad) but at least it has a gray interior (good)

The gray interior is also cursed

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Space Gopher posted:

(oh, and cars are bad investments. Some go up in value but they're a pain in the rear end to keep in good condition and there's a whole lot of risk involved)

Depends on what you get. You can get an old Mopar muscle car, let it rot in your back yard and it will still go up in value :v:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Depends on what you get. You can get an old Mopar muscle car, let it rot in your back yard and it will still go up in value :v:

I know what I got. But I can't be arsed to trim the tree growing out the hood.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

MomJeans420 posted:

There used to be (maybe still is) some site where the guy would review all the bro lifts and cover everything wrong with them, I'd love to see his opinions on this.

It used to be Scary Steering, but seems to have disappeared. There's not even a Wayback Machine archive.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Colostomy Bag posted:

I know what I got. But I can't be arsed to trim the tree growing out the hood.

This is an income vehicle, you buy the vehicle, and the tree comes with it. Makes a tenth of a gallon of maple syrup every year.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I once left my truck parked under a tree for an entire semester. When I drove home for break, I noticed a sprout in the bed:

Wish I'd waited long enough to claim my free duplicate truck. :(

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Anyone...?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/464420581137538/

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
I thought the first gen insights were all manuals?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
FB lists automatic as the default, and 9/10 of the sellers don't change it.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
There were automatic Insights, they're just rare. I think they end up topping out at 60mpg where a manual can touch 100mpg with hypermiling if you have time for that crap.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Hypermiling is dumb, there are probably a hundred different things you could do in a day that would save more money than doing that. Just drive the loving car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Hmm, a mostly good condition Insight with powertrain issues for very cheap...who would want that? Who indeed...