Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Crowned posted:

I ran over an escaped Christmas tree the other day, it hosed up my bumper and headlight :argh:

Secure your tree rear end in a top hat

oh poo poo, my bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The center I go to has a Costco, Ikea, and Lowes, along with a buncha restaurants. Its a madhouse during the weekend but its pretty convenient.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

GI_Clutch posted:

I haven't had any issues with trees falling off of my car because I have an artificial tree that hasn't left its box in five years because the spots we used to put it are occupied by furniture. Much less hassle every year.

Surely you could just toss a couple of gold coins to Bob Cratchit to put it up for you.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Went to a college basketball game and bought a $8 dog. It was luke warm, dry, and shriveled. They only had packets for the condiments. No onions. I just threw it away.

We need to really step back and appreciate the Costco dog. It's incredible.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I do usually get a pair of dogs at ikea when I go (the veggie ones are real good imo, with pickled cabbage and spicy mustard) but even their pretty good value pales in the face of the value of the costco dog.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

priznat posted:

I do usually get a pair of dogs at ikea when I go (the veggie ones are real good imo, with pickled cabbage and spicy mustard) but even their pretty good value pales in the face of the value of the costco dog.

Yeah the IKEA veggie ones are good. CostCo should add something similar and dump the açaí trash IMO.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Yea that acai bowl is baddd. I tried one a couple years ago when they were adding a whole bunch of new stuff. I'd have preferred they kept the "Al pastor" salad... although maybe not call it al pastor

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Al Pastor is seasonal, so it'll come back around summer I thinkm

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

The center I go to has a Costco, Ikea, and Lowes, along with a buncha restaurants. Its a madhouse during the weekend but its pretty convenient.

Every time I'm there I can't tell if im stuck in Costco, IKEA, or Lowes traffic. It is def a madhouse. I just want my god drat $1 coffee and meatballs!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I live in Oregon so we always go to a U-Cut place for Christmas trees. Tree goes in the back of your 1973 pick-em-up truck. No tie-down necessary. If you have a kid, they sit in the middle of the bench seat, seatbelts optional. Teenagers ride in the bed. Toddlers will ride on mom's lap. I actually witnessed that last one today.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Grabbed a caesar salad today. Also saw this

I think the cheeses are close to expiry, the best by date is only a couple days from now

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
"Best by" is just a suggestion and isn't coupled with whether its ok to eat. Moldy cheese should be good considering you could theoretically keep aging it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Chinatown posted:

"Best by" is just a suggestion and isn't coupled with whether its ok to eat. Moldy cheese should be good considering you could theoretically keep aging it.

Oh yeah, I just think thats the reason why its getting such a steep discount. They come in packs that are close to 1 pound each (just slightly over or under). So you're basically paying 5 bucks for a pound.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Grabbed a caesar salad today. Also saw this

I think the cheeses are close to expiry, the best by date is only a couple days from now

Notes from a cheesemonger:

At my store, bries like Fromager d'Affinois get a sell-by date of six days after we cut and wrap them. (Whole Foods, not Costco.) But they actually get tastier as the days progress. More intense, if you like that sort of thing in a brie. This particular cheese is super mild, though, and a best-by date of a couple of days away is totally fine. And a pound of it is like two servings, really. Pour some honey on that poo poo and go to town.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

appleskates posted:

Notes from a cheesemonger:

At my store, bries like Fromager d'Affinois get a sell-by date of six days after we cut and wrap them. (Whole Foods, not Costco.) But they actually get tastier as the days progress. More intense, if you like that sort of thing in a brie. This particular cheese is super mild, though, and a best-by date of a couple of days away is totally fine. And a pound of it is like two servings, really. Pour some honey on that poo poo and go to town.

I, too, eat half a pound of soft cheese in a single sitting

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

david_a posted:

I, too, eat half a pound of soft cheese in a single sitting

So a slice of Costco pizza at the food court?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I'm lactose intolerant and got gassy reading that.

Does Costco have Tete de moine?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
My favorite cheese is the Delice de Burgogne.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Guys, my girlfriend claims to love hot dogs but hates both corndogs and Costco dogs.

What I'm getting at is, does anyone know of any good deals on new girlfriends at Costco?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Martman posted:

Guys, my girlfriend claims to love hot dogs but hates both corndogs and Costco dogs.

What I'm getting at is, does anyone know of any good deals on new girlfriends at Costco?

:sever:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Martman posted:

She's cheating on you...dog.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Martman posted:

I have the opposite issue here. My wife hates all hotdogs but will eat a Costco dog. :shrug:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Martman posted:

what teh gently caress

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm not a huge fan of hot dogs myself. Unless it's a Chicago Dog or chili cheese dog. I use it as a vessel for toppings. The Costco dog is just good and some deli mustard and onions is all it really needs.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Going to church tonight to give praise and eat the holy communion of pizza and a Costco dog. Good vibes my friends.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I dropped a full McDonald coffee sticker card at my local Costco yesterday, blessings to whichever Costco shopper or employee finds it.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I got a Christmas tree at Costco this weekend and they did help me tie it to my car with U-line Costco-supplied twine. The only rub was that I had to actually put the tree on the roof of my car myself since I have a sunroof and they said they couldn't do it for liability reasons.

7-8 foot Fraser fir for $49.99, when a comparable 5-6 foot tree from Lowe's or wherever is $54.99. PBUC.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

drat regional tree pricing.

7-8' Noble fir at Costco $65, $85 at Lowe's here.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I bought a chicken pot pie a while back. Froze it a few hours to harden it up, cut into quarters and then wrapped those in foil to individually freeze. Thawed it in the fridge overnight (well, over two nights, got lazy) and then stuck it in my toaster oven for ~40 minutes at 375 or so. Poked it every so often with my instant read thermometer until it was 165-170 internal temp.

Worked out perfectly. Delicious as ever. Next time I'll probably cut it into 6 pieces as 1/4 of a chicken pot pie is a little bit much for this fella.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

drat regional tree pricing.

7-8' Noble fir at Costco $65, $85 at Lowe's here.

Are there no U-Cut tree farms where you live?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Permits to cut em out of the forest here are 10 bux at the ranger station.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

therobit posted:

Are there no U-Cut tree farms where you live?

Lol SoCal -- maybe if we got a Christmas palm tree.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

There was one part way up Euclid on the way to Mt Baldy. They stopped trimming the lot maybe 25 years ago and I was last there the better part of two decades ago.

If you want literally the Griswald family Christmas tree but with a tenth of the branches and those stupid, long needles and even more sap, that is the place for you. Yes, we cut our own tree that hung over both ends of an ‘85 Malibu Wagon (named Stanley). We had to cut eight feet off it and the mark is still in the ceiling of the great room since we didn’t cut enough.

That sap. It stuck to my soul.

This year, we got the $400 fake tree from the ‘Co, it’s pretty nice! Just needs to last 8 years to be worth it.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

DO EEEEET

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sad to report we got not Costco tree. My mom drove up and was upset they were so small. Ended up at Home Depot and got a decent sized tree for $70. This is big news because every year we usually go BIG and get some 7 foot tall 4 feet wide monster tree for $200.

Onto better news; I found a container of :siren:Bitchin Sauce:siren: unopened in my fridge that I forgot about from a few weeks ago. Busted that open yesterday and it's half gone. God drat i love that stuff.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Onto better news; I found a container of :siren:Bitchin Sauce:siren: unopened in my fridge that I forgot about from a few weeks ago. Busted that open yesterday and it's half gone. God drat i love that stuff.

I'm sad my Costco hasn't had that in for months now. A tiny motherfucking 4 oz container of it is like $6.99 at Whole Foods. gently caress that

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Barry posted:

I bought a chicken pot pie a while back. Froze it a few hours to harden it up, cut into quarters and then wrapped those in foil to individually freeze. Thawed it in the fridge overnight (well, over two nights, got lazy) and then stuck it in my toaster oven for ~40 minutes at 375 or so. Poked it every so often with my instant read thermometer until it was 165-170 internal temp.

Worked out perfectly. Delicious as ever. Next time I'll probably cut it into 6 pieces as 1/4 of a chicken pot pie is a little bit much for this fella.

That's a really good loving idea. Protip.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh poo poo. That means my horribly suicidal lonely existence could benefit from buying the chicken pot chicken pot chicken pot PIE!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oh poo poo. That means my horribly suicidal lonely existence could benefit from buying the chicken pot chicken pot chicken pot PIE!

How much pot we talking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Jeeeeeeez, you city suburb trash need to embrace fake trees.