Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the new grafx in oot 3d are nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you've never played Majora's Mask before it's incredible...in my top 5 games all time prolly.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

I don't know much about the remake but yeah Majora's Mask is a gem

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

If you've never played Majora's Mask before it's incredible...in my top 5 games all time prolly.

:hai: it’s unbelievably great.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The remake changes all the bosses and a few mechanics but I don't think it was a huge deal. I enjoyed the 100% run I did

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

parts of the remake annoyed me but only bc it was a really formative/impactful game for me when i was 13. its a really good version of the game with better bosses and some random changes on the overworld.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Luigi's Mansion owns

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I could never get into Luigis Mansion 2 for some reason. It's very charming though. Play MM asap

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Here's what I'm eyeballing and own right now:

Luigi's Mansion
Detective Pikachu
Zelda OoT
Zelda MM
Soul Hackers
Strange Journey Redux

I've played OoT before but not the remake, I've also played the original Strange Journey but never beat it, the rest would be brand new to me. Somebody mentioned to me that Ever Oasis is good as well..

MM is a classic. Is Luigi’s mansion the original remake or dark moon?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Well I ended up playing the Monster Hunter Stories demo for 2+ hours last night and loved it and it's cheap enough on eBay so I bought it lol. MM after.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i looked at some gameplay after you guys were talking about it and it seems kinda like a pokemon game to me? Couldn't get a good handle on it though. what did you like about it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It basically is a pokemon game but to get more monsters you have to steal eggs from monster dens. You and your pkmn learn skills etc but the main combat mechanic is rock paper scissors style. If an enemy is targeting you directly you go into a faceoff and depending what you picked you'll give/take more dmg or draw. That sounds horrible on paper to be fair, but I found it very engaging for whatever reason. It's not like you're just guessing what to pick, different monsters have tendencies to use certain moves and some even have patterns to remember so you can safely whoop that rear end.

On top of that there's the usual MH crafting and upgrades and quests and poo poo. Plus there's a monster breeding mechanic I haven't seen yet to create better pkmn. I'm really surprised it grabbed me so hard, it should be here Thursday. :D

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

i looked at some gameplay after you guys were talking about it and it seems kinda like a pokemon game to me? Couldn't get a good handle on it though. what did you like about it

its basically that type of game, but id rather just play pokemon. it reviewed well so i probably just personally dislike it. i played up til about the first or maye 2nd boss and i couldnt really feel the combat getting any harder or more complex and theres not much you can do to change that, with pokemon you can stay underlevelled, avoid having certain moves on your pokemon, build interesting teams etc. but the general idea of it is nice

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's here.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

reinstalled the Phoenix Wright Trilogy since I never played 3.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

3 is the best

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think 3 is my favorite.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Realized I never finished the final case of 2 so I'm replaying that first, to get fully invested in the lore

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Realized I never finished the final case of 2 so I'm replaying that first, to get fully invested in the lore

its so good...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

its so good...

I remember it being great but then I think mario maker came out or something and I got distracted and forgot to finish it. I remember 2 being fun, even the circus case everyone shits on, so I'm looking forward to replaying it

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Shelley DeKiller ftw

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Now it feels like classic MH.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Now it feels like classic MH.

Hell yeah

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

palicos ftw

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I started DQ8 after waffling on what to play next and put 11 hours into it over the weekend. It looks a lot better than I thought just going off the screenshots, and the battles are super fast and smooth compared to the ps2 version. Very Cool.

I’m just about to start up DQ8 since I’ve got the urge to play some cozy JRPGs. I want to play XI since I never played it but I need to wait for the Switch version, need something for the in between.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DQ8 ftmfw

I'm probably like 75% of the way thru MH Stories if the movie list is anything to go by. It's definitely starting to drag a bit, but once I changed my weapon I started having fun again. S&S is crazy good if you do the sidequests to unlock the weapon skills

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Grinding in DQ8 while watching YT vids in the background is some legit good game feels.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://gbatemp.net/threads/translation-release-dragon-quest-heroes-rocket-slime-3ds.544953/ translation patch for rocket slime 3 for 3ds if yuou aren't a supergenious who reads kindergarten level japanese like me

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I never played any of the rocket slime games. How hard are they to come by?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/translation-release-dragon-quest-heroes-rocket-slime-3ds.544953/ translation patch for rocket slime 3 for 3ds if yuou aren't a supergenious who reads kindergarten level japanese like me

👀👀👀

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

my morning jackass posted:

I never played any of the rocket slime games. How hard are they to come by?

only the 2nd game on original ds has an offical english release and its form like 2005 and since it's a mike mattei youtube style hidden jem it probably costs way too much for a 15 yo ds game like 40 or 50 bux

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

only the 2nd game on original ds has an offical english release and its form like 2005 and since it's a mike mattei youtube style hidden jem it probably costs way too much for a 15 yo ds game like 40 or 50 bux

It’s $15 at GameStop. Reported to the administrators for your continuing campaign of misinformation

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s $15 at GameStop. Reported to the administrators for your continuing campaign of misinformation

Dont buy poo poo from gamestop

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I've got a 3DS but only have Pokemon ultra sun for it, what are other good 3DS games to buy and play in 2019

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump because I been playing EO Nexus after black friday sales. it loving owns. i swear this is the first EO game i finally finish.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Bump because I been playing EO Nexus after black friday sales. it loving owns. i swear this is the first EO game i finally finish.

I respect the hustle but you should know it's like a hundred hour game. There are so many labyrinths and mazes it's insane, I love it.

I got Ultra Moon but haven't made much progress in it. Picked the lil cat thing cos it's clearly the best one.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

You picked the absolute longest one, but I believe in you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

was feeling pretty powerful until a Second Boss appeared and used a counter stance on a Double Action Rapid Fire and did 5 OHKO attacks in a row lol.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

was feeling pretty powerful until a Second Boss appeared and used a counter stance on a Double Action Rapid Fire and did 5 OHKO attacks in a row lol.

lol that got me heated the first time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Playing through Ultrasun but I did not appreciate the hour of cutscenes before getting pokeballs.