Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

tweet my meat posted:

There was a leaked panel that is supposed to be the last panel of the series.

It features the attack titan holding a giant titan sized trophy made of titan crystal in what appears to be a huge stadium formed by the crystallized wall titans. You can see some of the other shifters and side characters in the background on the bleachers, some excitedly cheering, others looking dejected. A large banner can be seen hanging near the announcer's booth that reads "First Annual Grand Titan Tournament" (loosely translated)

The current running theory is that both sides realize that all out war could easily lead to the extinction of the human race, so in lieu of war, a competition is organized which kicks off the tournament arc that will determine the fates of our scrappy protagonists and the eldians as a whole.

This would own, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Alright, It was a joke, sorry. I stopped reading thinking it was a real spoiler, my bad

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

tweet my meat posted:

There was a leaked panel that is supposed to be the last panel of the series.

It features the attack titan holding a giant titan sized trophy made of titan crystal in what appears to be a huge stadium formed by the crystallized wall titans. You can see some of the other shifters and side characters in the background on the bleachers, some excitedly cheering, others looking dejected. A large banner can be seen hanging near the announcer's booth that reads "First Annual Grand Titan Tournament" (loosely translated)

The current running theory is that both sides realize that all out war could easily lead to the extinction of the human race, so in lieu of war, a competition is organized which kicks off the tournament arc that will determine the fates of our scrappy protagonists and the eldians as a whole.

Man I would so love if it was this. hahaha.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

It isn't 'leaked' when the author published it publicly.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Mulva posted:

The last panel of the entire story has already been leaked.
It wasn't leaked.
It's this: 'Attack on Titan' Creator Reveals Final Panel of Manga

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So I guess Eren accomplishes his goal in the end. Also that’s definitely Historia’s baby.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Kritzkrieg Kop posted:

Ok I figured it out, check out that cast on the bottom.
It's me, I'm the dummy who doesn't recognize who these people are supposed to be.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

DaveKap posted:

It's me, I'm the dummy who doesn't recognize who these people are supposed to be.

You're not alone.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I only recognize one of them as maybe Marlon Brando as Colonel Kurtz in center and Obama in the back left.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Oh if it's just random people then I totally see ScarJo on the left there.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

They’re game of thrones characters

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

JahRoo posted:

They’re game of thrones characters
Haha okay I got most of them then.

Kritzkrieg Kop
Nov 4, 2009
Sorry I thought it would be fun to see if people could make out who they were because I sure as hell didn't on the first reading.

Also is it normal to not be able to see the Imgur picture on the app?

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Chapter is finally out on crunchy. Not looking at the fan translation for well over a week has been excruciating.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Since there’s titans in every single ring of walls won’t every single thing outside Sina be pancaked? Unless they form a neat orderly line and file out of the Walls in single file only obliterating everything in one straight line between the walls and the sea.

Then I guess they’d make landfall at Marley and then fan out and just start killing everything?

Joke Miriam fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 18, 2019

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

What happens when they pass around the planet making a complete circle and end up back where they started? I think this is one of those things you're not supposed to think about too much.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

Vincent Valentine posted:

What happens when they pass around the planet making a complete circle and end up back where they started? I think this is one of those things you're not supposed to think about too much.

They’ll import a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on Titan meat.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Vincent Valentine posted:

Part of the command is probably "don't set foot on the island again once you've left it"?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Nothing says he can only give them one command, and "Flatten everything outside of Paradis Island" is a very specific command.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Depends on if Eren is giving the wall titans commands or the Rumbling is a predetermined command from the first king. Could be a problem if the latter since he never intended the Rumbling to actually be used.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
They will bonk heads on the opposite pole of the capital, reharden and make a big rocky zit on the opposite side of the earth.
It will destabilize the rotation of the planet.

Or it is flat earth and they fall off the edge.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Looking at when Eren commanded the titans to attack Dina, his control over the titans seems instinctual and far more precise than you would expect. No one got accidentally flattened by the titans when they hurled themselves at Dina, nor when they turned around and dogpiled Reiner. It seems fair to say that Eren could direct them to avoid population centres on Paradis.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
They looked to be marching in two files over the remains of the wall, then forward towards the south flanking Eren.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
I figure they all just move radially outwards from their starting positions at the wall, so the flattening paths are like spokes of a wheel. If you're in one of the pie slices between titans, you're safe! :v:

Once they loop back around the planet, they just join hands and reharden and Attack on Titan 2 begins.

redsniper fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 20, 2019

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Once the rumbling gets explained in the anime, I fully expect a cute animation explaining how they file out to crush the world, similar to the one used to explain movement strategies during the last season.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
New Chappy:

https://imgur.com/a/OWXQyC5

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Everytime I think the series is winding down, it re-escalates. :getin:

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Just a completely harmless man.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

What I love about this series is just how complex and nuanced every character has been written, at least since after the first arc (Eren, Mikasa and Armin all started as fairly standard shonen archetypes but they've been since subverted to hell and back). As incredible as all the circumstances are, I always feel like the people are as realistic as you could expect them to be.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I love how it shows people actually dealing with what is essentially the apocalypse. No one not knowing what to do, hating that it’s happening but being unable to stop it and finding their own way to cope with it. Plus that scene at the start with the civilians perfectly captures how normal people would be affected by something like this.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Hmm, I might be reading too much into this, but considering how carefully all the reveals throughout the last few arcs have been planted does anyone think it's a little weird that there was a specific aside in Annie's story to say that she was adopted? It could just be a factor of relationship with her dad, but a part of me can't help but wonder if the longshot fan theory of Annie being an offshoot of the royal family might have some credit.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

It's all about being a factor in the relationship with her dad, and why it was so easy for her to not recognize him as such until the last moment.

No evidence whatsoever she's a member of the royal family; she never exhibited extraordinary powers upon inheriting the Female Titan like Zeke did with the Beast Titan, and she's touched Eren before with no titan power consequence.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Conspiratiorist posted:

It's all about being a factor in the relationship with her dad, and why it was so easy for her to not recognize him as such until the last moment.

No evidence whatsoever she's a member of the royal family; she never exhibited extraordinary powers upon inheriting the Female Titan like Zeke did with the Beast Titan, and she's touched Eren before with no titan power consequence.

Fair enough.
There was, however, a scene in the first season of the anime that looks curious in retrospect. During the fight with Annie where Eren berserks, his eye color changes, which the anime has used as a shorthand for Founding Titan poo poo ever since. This could, of course, just be Studio WIT doing there own thing, but considering how Isayama has had them insert things that weren't originally there for the sake of foreshadowing (Ymir's flashback happening much earlier, Tom Xavier appearing in Grisha's flashback, etc), it makes me wonder if this is an opportunity his capitalizing on for the sake of adaptation.
That wouldn't explain why weird poo poo didn't happen every time they touched, though. I mean, it's loving magic, so you could handwave it with her being an offshoot of the bloodline and thus not as powerful or yadayada. I'm just curious if this is how she will inevitably factor into Armin's eventual plan to stop Eren.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I love that, assuming he's not bullshitting to make his point, Eren considered Floch more trustworthy than anyone else with the details of his true plan.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
So is the big question at this point who is going to drop the hammer on Eren?
Likely canidates include Gabi (another turn on the wheel) Armin (kinda his job), Jean (I'd like it), Mikasa (Seems dubious) and now Levi (hell of a final act) and Annie (Pretty good "redemption")

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

OnimaruXLR posted:

So is the big question at this point who is going to drop the hammer on Eren?
Likely canidates include Gabi (another turn on the wheel) Armin (kinda his job), Jean (I'd like it), Mikasa (Seems dubious) and now Levi (hell of a final act) and Annie (Pretty good "redemption")

Ymir or Eren himself.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

Armin will kill Eren and will probably get together with Annie, Gabi will break the cycle, Levi will die fighting Eren but probably manage to feed Zeke to Connie's mom, Jean and Mikasa should get together.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Levi has to kill Zeke.

He made a promise.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I like Hitch, this has been my thread contribution. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Conspiratiorist posted:

Levi has to kill Zeke.

He made a promise.

Exactly what I said. Hell yes.