Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for calling my girlfriend a cookie nazi?

quote:

My girlfriend got a 24 pack of cookies for a cookie exchange party at her work, her boss told her each person on the team brings in a dozen cookies. I thought that since she only needed 12, I could at least have the others and she can put them in a separate container. No. I was not to touch a single cookie because “they would notice one missing”. I told her she could put them in another container. Also no. And at that point I said to her, “you’re being a real loving cookie nazi!” And then she got upset with me. I wasn’t serious and we joke around all the time but the persistence of me wanting a cookie and me not listening to her saying no was the thing that got her mad. Reddit, am I an rear end in a top hat?

Quick edit:

This wasn’t a real fight by any means, we’re adults who got a little too high and she didn’t want to be the one who took “half eaten cookies” to work so I called her a loving cookie nazi.

I bought the drat cookies guys, but I bought them for her.

No cookie for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

That gullible mom is kind of like an addict in that you can't help unless she wants to be helped. And even when she hits rock bottom and needs bailing out, you'll probably just be burned again because she still hungers for swarthy dick.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I'm torn on that one because the OP said having her mom out of her life has been good for her mental state but also they had a great relationship before this event and I feel like those two statements paint two conflicting pictures.

I don't think the OP is an rear end in a top hat but I also feel bad for the Mom who seems pathetic and has spent the last 23 years feeling unloved. Wouldn't surprise me if the Mom was partially jealous of her daughter or blames her daughter for her lack of love life.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The n-word guy and his friend sure sound like real winners. Especially the part where it sounds like his friend regularly has heated gamer moments.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

DemoneeHo posted:

No cookie for you!
I hope she gets embarassed when she finds out the cookie exchange is meant to be for home baked cookies, not a 24pack of oreos.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Motronic posted:

Did you miss the part where she threatened her daughter? (she said I should "watch out" as he "knows powerful people")

Mother said it, but I guarantee those words came from the con artist, which makes it just another BS empty lie.

Don't get me wrong, the daughter is totally in the right. Really Sucks watching a family member actively destroying their life like that.

I feel like this could sub out "con artist" for "substance abuse" and the story would feel the same.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DemoneeHo posted:

DONT MASTURBATE WITH SOAP!!!!!

happened to me and my dick fell plumb off

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I would be pretty pumped if I owed someone 400 dollars and they forgave it for a birthday/Christmas present.

I had a job bounce a paycheck once, so I had to ask my dad to pay my rent for me. I wrote him a check dated for when my boss said they'd be able to run payroll, and then next time I met my dad for lunch, he told me not to worry about it and that he'd shredded the check as soon as I'd left the room. I definitely didn't think it was impersonal or whatever.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Play posted:

happened to me and my dick fell plumb off

I screwed a guy who had jerked off with dish soap when he was in high school. Needless to say he was circumcized and the sex was terrible

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

number 1 snake fan posted:

I screwed a guy who had jerked off with dish soap when he was in high school. Needless to say he was circumcized and the sex was terrible

Please don't dox me

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for making my daughter (11) wash off her make up after my girlfriend gave her a make over?

My daughter and my girlfriend spent a day together on Saturday, allowing me to catch up on some work. My girlfriend is a makeup artist, and she did a full face of makeup on my daughter. Since she is a makeup artist, the makeup looked fine, but I was kind of shocked to see such heavy makeup on my ten year old.

My daughter has asked for makeup a lot recently, and the most she has worn has been lip gloss and a little glitter. I’m not too knowledgeable about makeup, and her mother isn’t around to give advice on this, so I’ve frequently just said no make up, especially as she’s so young. So, seeing her with eye shadow, blush, and lip color was pretty shocking.

Since we were still going out later, I made my daughter wash off the makeup. I did not want her going out with it. I’m okay with my girlfriend doings a makeover for fun at home, but I don’t think she’s meant to go out with it. My daughter was not pleased to have to wash it off, and I had to help her because she was not getting it all off. Obviously in my daughter’s eyes, I’m the rear end hole.

But then my girlfriend said that I’m being too strict, that all girls wear make up, and that I should start letting my daughter wear at least a little bit of make up. I said okay, but that make over was not a little bit of makeup. Still, though, my girlfriend thinks that I should have let my daughter wear it for the rest of the day, just for fun. Then she started asking if I don’t trust her skills or think she’s a good makeup artist, and it’s not that, I was just not comfortable with my daughter going out with a full face of makeup. AITA?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for strongly discouraging my wife from being friends with someone who is recently divorced and seems to encourage it in others?

Short backstory... one of my wife’s good friends is recently divorced and talks non stop about how great it is, and constantly runs down her ex. She exaggerates all his flaws to make him seem way worse than is true. My wife says this is a topic every time they’re together, not all the conversation but enough to notice.

My issue... I pick up my wife’s phone and see the last text sent to her from said friend. It reads “when you going to file on OP so we can both be single and really party”. I asked how often she talks like this and was told she says things like this often.

I understand it’s most likely a joke and she is being funny, but I don’t know where the joke ends and the seriousness begins. She often tries to get my wife to complain about me or our marriage, and that’s just straight up not cool.

We have a very solid marriage and I am not afraid of her deciding to divorce me, and she says her friends “venting” has zero affect on her. The issue is I think talk like this is toxic and will eventually take a toll, and can’t lead to anything positive. She says she has asked to to take it easy on trying to get her to bad mouth me or our marriage, but admits it’s done little good.

So I asked her to separate herself from this friend. AITA?

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for making my daughter (11) wash off her make up after my girlfriend gave her a make over?

Yes, absolutely.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

This is incredibly true. Even the board game couple part.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Elder Postsman posted:

Yes, absolutely.

Not only is he an rear end in a top hat, but she is old enough to deserve a proper grown-up explanation and apology. He needs to sit down and honestly explain why he did what he did, how it was wrong, how he's going to make it right, and assure her it won't happen again.

Girl was probably ecstatic to get real grown-up makeup from a real life makeup artist, only to have her rear end in a top hat father make her wash it off.

E: he most definitely owes his girlfriend an explanation and apology as well

Uncle Enzo fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 11, 2019

Chirk Manbote
Apr 19, 2012

sephiRoth IRA posted:

:standing in a pool of gas with my SO, holding a torch:

“ugh, Reddit, my SO and I can’t figure this out, can you help me find out how to drop this torch in a way he and I can agree with?”

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for refusing to speak to my stepmother until she apologizes for dumping my trash on my bed?

quote:

I (F21) suffer from depression and anxiety; so does my stepmother (F45ish) One of my problems when I'm super depressed is I don't clean my room. There will be a lot of take out bags and stuff like that on the floor and it gets difficult to even walk on the room. I know this is a problem and when I got bad I spoke to my father about it and he knows that I just need someone to tell me to clean and I will. I struggle doing it on my own because I'm so unmotivated and then when I have the energy to I'm so anxious about being seen with the garbage because I know it's terrible that I hide away in my room. Over the last few months I've gotten better and I set times for me to clean after work.

Anyway, I got home from work ready to clean my room because it had gotten bad again and I come home to all of the garbage piled up on my bed. I was furious and when I asked my dad he had no idea it happened so I knew my step mother was the one who put it there. I am very careful with my garbage because I don't want any mold or bugs so it's always "clean" garbage (no real food stuff that can go bad) but I had a small bowl of soup from the night before that I was going to throw out and it spilt all over my bed. My sheets and everything needed to be cleaned and my mattress is ruined and I need a new one but can't afford it.

I texted my stepmother and told her it was disrespectful to go in my room when I'm not there and that she should have just texted me instead of throwing the garbage on my bed. She told me she'd treat me like an adult when I started acting like one.

Since then we have not spoken and it has been a week. I refuse to talk to her or even really look at her. I know I have a problem but I am managing it. She suffered from the same problems but had never taken me seriously or seemed to respect me. I originally felt like I was in the right but as time goes on I hear her talking to my dad about having a "discussion" with me since I no longer eat with him when she's home and I'm starting to wonder if I am in the wrong.

TLDR: My stepmother and I both suffer from depression and anxiety but I don't feel like she understands me. Am I in the wrong for not talking to her after she put my garage on my bed? Am I the one being unreasonable?

Edit: It is not my stepmother's home it is my father's and my childhood home. She lives there part time and spends that other half with her boyfriend (my parents are polyamorous)

I have had depression since I was around 10 and anxiety since about 15. I'm currently on a waiting list for a therapist and can't afford my medication at the moment. My family didn't know I had been hospitalized a few times until about 6 months ago.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my Jewish coworker it's uncool to refer to people's ethnicity/race as "purebred"?

Every year at the office we pick out a day to decorate the Christmas tree. To my knowledge, there has been and upspoken tradition for my Jewish coworker to be the one that puts the star on the Xmas tree, She says this is because she is the only Jewish person at the office(this a few years ago, but we have plenty of Jewish people).

This year we get an email about when the tree decoration will happen by my Jewish coworker. She explains how there will be drinks and snacks, ect. then ends the emails with this: "PS - The tradition still stands that only first born purebred Jewish females in the office may put the star on the top of the tree."

I instantly find this pretty offensive that she is using the word purebred when it comes to religion and using that as an excuse to be the one to places the star on the tree each year. I followed by messaging her about how uncomfortable her email is, she responded by saying that no one else found it offensive and it was mainly a joke to another coworker who happened to be half-Jewish. (this made me even more uncomfortable.) She also ends up using her grandparents being in the holocaust as an excuse for this, it starts getting too awkward at this point and I ended the conversation with "it just made me uncomfortable but I guess it's just me."

What do you guys think about this whole situation, should I let it go or report it to our HR? (our HR is an online service, btw)

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Jewish people have Christmas tree traditions?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Lmao do American firms pay a subscription to have some Indian chat users serve as HR

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Leon Einstein posted:

Yea, we get to sit through an awkward-rear end Christmas tree decorating party at work and then have someone make a comment about putting up a menorah “if someone is willing to provide one”

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Christmas isnt a religious holiday for a lot of Americans but that lady is both racist and clearly awful in all her daily dealings

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Leon Einstein posted:

no, i think this is just the jewish coworker wanting to be the center of attention ([larry david voice] not that that has anything to do with her being a jewish woman!) and so she made up this rule that she gets to put the star on the tree because something something judaism christmas i'm special, and probably everyone initially just laughed and went along with it because who actually cares.

now there are more jewish people working at the office but she still wants to be The Tree Star Putter, so she's unfortunately decided that it's a racial purity thing instead of letting someone else do it or just saying "i do that, gently caress you"

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

The funny thing is that I doubt anyone would have challenged her right to place the star if she hadn’t made any stink about it. Now she’s about to bring HR down on her head.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Leon Einstein posted:

Yeah, they put up a little sign that reads "Arbeit Macht Tree"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Jewish Christmas party tradition usually involves everyone else singing "dreidel dreidel dreidel" for the diversity checklist while staring at you for signs of gratitude.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for refusing to speak to my stepmother until she apologizes for dumping my trash on my bed?

I only horde "clean" garbage like greasy take out containers and old soup.

Betting the magic "clean your Room" doesnt work when it comes from step-mom

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

datajugend posted:

I only horde "clean" garbage like greasy take out containers and old soup.

Betting the magic "clean your Room" doesnt work when it comes from step-mom

"I'll do it if I'm told too" is invariably bullshit.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Motherfucker posted:

"I'll do it if I'm told too" is invariably bullshit.

It's an offloading of cognitive labor, which is a huge problem I try to be mindful of.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Pinecone Sample posted:

LOL YTA for being over the age of 10 and needing someone else to tell you it's time to clean your room.

DemoneeHo posted:

No cookie for you!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my Jewish coworker it's uncool to refer to people's ethnicity/race as "purebred"?

If you question the motives of a Purebred Christmas Star Jewish Princess, you will will be called a Cookie Nazi and get kicked out of the lollipop kingdom.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
The title made me expect a parent blaming their children for being spoiled. What we got was...

My husband [M36] of 15 years and I [F36] can't get out of the post baby poo poo-relationship phase because our kids are never going to grow up

quote:

I'm struggling with the concept that... that post-baby funk, can't sleep, can't think, relationship-in-the-toilet is going to be us. Forever. I don't know how we can make this work, but I don't know how we will survive if we don't. We are supposed to talk this out but I am so lost, I don't know what I am going to say.

My husband and I have been married almost 15 years. We have a 7 year old and (2) 5 year olds, and I left my career over 3 years ago. All were diagnosed with autism in the same year. 2 are nonverbal kids who don't understand, it is a lot of physically forcing medication, physically forcing food, physically forcing diapers, physically forcing baths, tolerating a lot of behaviors, sounds, therapies, smells and bodily fluids I don't want to be exposed to and I am really loving tired. They don't qualify for nursing care. My parents are alcoholics. His are dead. The sitters never come back.

My blood work is fine. I tried medication but I can't deal with the side effects which are part and parcel of finding the right dose. I certainly can't afford libido destroyers. Tried counseling twice. We spent a bunch of money for six months of nothing, basically.

Hubby works 10-12 hour days to afford this life. 51k gets us the bare necessities. The work schedule has cost us our relationship. He tells anyone who will listen how good of a provider he is but all I hear is the silent accusation of how I am not providing for him... as a wife.

We haven't had sex all year. He gropes. Every word out of his mouth is sexual innuendo out of ear shot of the children. I ask him to stop. He asks me to start. And gropes again.

I fantasize. About a sexier, better mother than I am swooping in and enticing my husband away from our marriage... and the two of them alternating weekends with me.

We are supposed to be having The Talk this weekend. Are we divorcing or aren't we. I don't know what to say to my husband. I am afraid to tell him I would rather die than have him touch me... I should prefer having sex with my ever-faithful, hard working husband than having my children go without clothes, comforts, and a warm place to sleep when their stable home life they have always known is destroyed.

I expect him to tell me I need to provide enthusiastic sex once a week at minimum. This from a woman who may or may not have brushed her hair all week. The thought of smiling his direction makes me feel like I need an extra day to prepare. Horrible, right?

Worse, he knows. He is angry about how little I want him. He assures me he feels kinder toward me when I feel more sexual toward him. That does not get us closer to loving, though. I just feel ashamed of myself.

My parents hated each other and I wished they divorced. Instead they became alcoholics who hate each other from separate halves of the same house to this day. I had much higher hopes for us.

My husband isn't a bad person. He has to work really hard to keep our lives afloat just like I do, I don't expect him to be perfect or fault him for wanting sex. He deserves someone to be as devoted to his needs as he is to providing for the household. I don't know why this is so hard for me. What can make this better? Either how I feel about it, or what to think about it. How can I approach this when we talk?

TLDR: my husband expects us to have a come to jesus meeting this weekend about not having sex the entirety of 2019. I am up several times a night, every night, and M-F I have no help toileting, feeding, medicating, comforting, or playing with three kids with autism, 2 of which have mental capacity of 14 months. I am mom, and he is bachelor. There is no us anymore. I don't know what to say or do to make this better. I feel like a slave.

gently caress me, lady, I have no idea what a "solution" for that is, even if there is one. That's like my greatest fear regarding kids right there.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Jesus. That poor woman is breaking. And her poor husband is working 50-60 hour weeks for poo poo pay and then coming home to that level of hostility and lack of affection.

That's just depressing. Someone post some idiot I can laugh at to get the taste out of my mouth.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Serephina posted:

The title made me expect a parent blaming their children for being spoiled. What we got was...

My husband [M36] of 15 years and I [F36] can't get out of the post baby poo poo-relationship phase because our kids are never going to grow up

Worse, he knows. He is angry about how little I want him. He assures me he feels kinder toward me when I feel more sexual toward him. That does not get us closer to loving, though. I just feel ashamed of myself.

gently caress me, lady, I have no idea what a "solution" for that is, even if there is one. That's like my greatest fear regarding kids right there.

"I'll be nicer to you when you gently caress me."

I'd feel more sorry for him if not for THAT

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

"I'll be nicer to you when you gently caress me."

I'd feel more sorry for him if not for THAT

They're both probably justified TBH. Sounds like a miserable life. They need to either get some respite care to save their sanity or find a way to turn the kids over to the state.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
He's frustrated at the situation as much as she is. Everything's terrible, and he's acknowledging everything is a bit more bearable when the spark is still there.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

It's an offloading of cognitive labor, which is a huge problem I try to be mindful of.

I used to do it as a teenager and I got away with it because I said something along the lines of 'Its not my job to preemptively know what you want and do it like some kind've MIND READING SLAVE'

Turns out when the tables were turned on me it was in fact loving obvious when the bin is full and people who ignore it are shitheads.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He literally only interacts with her to request sex (while groping her) or take care of their kids. She might as well be a sex toy at this point. One that doesn't want to gently caress him.

"stop groping me" "nope" *grope*

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh god, her comments are DIRE

quote:

He says I am like another person he has to provide for, like a child

The only difference between a wife and a child is sex, good to know.

quote:

Has he EVER spent an entire 12 hours on his own with the kids? I get the feeling he has NO idea what you're actually dealing with.

quote:

Two weeks ago, for the first time ever, I left the house and didn't come home for 48 hours. It didn't change anything. But he did beg me to come back.

quote:

My husband does nothing at home that isn't... rare and manly. Does that make sense? Put together a couch? Sure, whenever he gets around to it. Set up a baby gate? Yes. On his schedule.

He doesn't participate in any of the continual maintenance of anything unless it is mowing grass. I am responsible for everything that needs continual attention. Anything that needs to be done with immediacy.

He does even less since the kids go to school. He used to wash all the dishes in the house. Sometimes he would wash a poopy blanket or clothes. Cook dinner. But I was home alone with 2-3 kids then.

quote:

Funny you say that, the thing about backing up my wants and needs with an argument. That is actually what he requires of me. I ask him "I need you to do...." and he says "well what are you going to be doing?" And his response hinges on whether he thinks I can do the thing or if he really needs to do the thing. Never realized that before.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

He literally only interacts with her to request sex (while groping her) or take care of their kids. She might as well be a sex toy at this point. One that doesn't want to gently caress him.

"stop groping me" "nope" *grope*

And she hasn't hosed her husband in a year, regards him with open disdain, and does not appear to appreciate his 10-12 hour workdays after which he comes home to more work and an angry wife. His feelings are totally understandable, as are hers. But you can't say he's a bad guy for being disappointed that his wife has taken a vow of angry celibacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

therobit posted:

And she hasn't hosed her husband in a year, regards him with open disdain, and does not appear to appreciate his 10-12 hour workdays after which he comes home to more work and an angry wife. His feelings are totally understandable, as are hers. But you can't say he's a bad guy for being disappointed that his wife has taken a vow of angry celibacy.

I could say hes a bad lazy piece of poo poo for a thousand other reasons and than say that the wife is justified in not wanting to gently caress him.

That said this whole mess is a loving tragedy and I actually think these two would be better off having never met