Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
ninja not knowing how to cut bread is a real :psyduck:, but absolutely nothing will top xqc being utterly baffled by condensation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvMUWjhauXQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Casey Finnigan posted:

The worst thing I know about Ninja is that he is a complete dope who acts like an idiot about everything besides Fortnite (and maybe even about Fortnite, I wouldn't be able to tell). Pewdiepie is a straight up racist. So imo Ninja is better than Pewdiepie. Nobody should go out of their way to watch either of them though.

IMO they're both in the same category of unranked attention seekers not worth my time or consideration. Given enough runway, they all eventually do something reprehensible.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

BigRed0427 posted:

So what is Ninja's deal? having never followed him, all I know is that he's a fortnigth streamer and Twitch's golden boy.

You know how at it's peak Minecraft spawned an entire set of YouTube Let's Players with giant underage audiences.
It's that except the game is Fortnite this time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Casey Finnigan posted:

The worst thing I know about Ninja is that he is a complete dope who acts like an idiot about everything besides Fortnite (and maybe even about Fortnite, I wouldn't be able to tell). Pewdiepie is a straight up racist. So imo Ninja is better than Pewdiepie. Nobody should go out of their way to watch either of them though.

Pewdiepie is a straight up nazi, not just racist.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Speaking of minecraft youtubers and horrible people quinton reviews made a fallen titans on tobuscus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQAmOxM2n0M

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

A big flaming stink posted:

ninja not knowing how to cut bread is a real :psyduck:, but absolutely nothing will top xqc being utterly baffled by condensation:

What the gently caress.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Kuros posted:

https://twitter.com/itsroblaw/status/1204491952160411655

Tyler "Ninja" Blevins cuts avocados like this.

That video gives the impression that he was just acting like he didn't know how to cut bread.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
The channel Atrocity Guide takes a look at the work of an outsider artist who constructed an elaborate throne and other various religious objects out of garbage for a religion he invented:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtjJWGJfJ6A

It's even endorsed by Fredrik Knudsen of Down the Rabbit Hole:

https://twitter.com/FredInTheKnud/status/1204169347339608069

Mr.Radar fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 12, 2019

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Mr.Radar posted:

The channel Atrocity Archive takes a look at the work of an outsider artist who constructed an elaborate throne and other various religious objects out of garbage for a religion he invented:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtjJWGJfJ6A

I've seen this thing in person. Its actually really impressive honestly.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Atrocity guide is pretty great

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

This is insane. The Ninja thing with the bread feels almost perfectly fine next to this. What in the hell

Also I wanted to see what the comments to that video were, and

quote:

Do you have the clip of xQc thinking there's a third twelve o'clock between noon and midnight?

quote:

Yeah, he even drew a little diagram for it: a straight line with three notches, one at each end and one in the middle. Then he labelled the left end "noon," the right end "midnight," then pointed to the mark in the middle and asked "What is this?"

quote:

Actually, he labeled it on a 24hour timeline, not 12 hour. So he labeled the right midnight, noon in the middle, and was asking people what 12 in the morning was, which is ofc midnight lmao

:psyboom:

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Just settling in for a relaxing night of drinking coke, learning fun science facts, and listening to the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack on YouTube.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Putting it in scare quotes doesn't change what happened.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

This is insane. The Ninja thing with the bread feels almost perfectly fine next to this. What in the hell

okay i lied, THIS is actually the apex of :psyboom:

https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/bird-ring/172898898014

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Acute Grill posted:

Putting it in scare quotes doesn't change what happened.

Not commenting on it is not the same as cheering them on. I guess he could've been like "hey don't do that", and sure that's a fair criticism, but he didn't "cheer on" the people doing that.

Also regarding the other post, Julian was not an employee of Arin. Neither were Oney and Ding Dong, they just shared the office for a while. It sounds like this happened after they had left.

If there's actually tweets or something where Arin is cheering on his fans while they outed Julian that then I'll take it back

watho
Aug 2, 2013

This is like when people on the bodybuilding forums argued about how many days there were in a week

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

watho posted:

This is like when people on the bodybuilding forums argued about how many days there were in a week

One of my favorite Jon Bois videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eECjjLNAOd4

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Macaluso posted:

Not commenting on it is not the same as cheering them on. I guess he could've been like "hey don't do that", and sure that's a fair criticism, but he didn't "cheer on" the people doing that.

Also regarding the other post, Julian was not an employee of Arin. Neither were Oney and Ding Dong, they just shared the office for a while. It sounds like this happened after they had left.

If there's actually tweets or something where Arin is cheering on his fans while they outed Julian that then I'll take it back

Arin pretty consistently calls out his critics and says nothing when his fans do lovely stuff. "Cheering on" might be too strong language but he sure as poo poo didn't care.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Its not one of my favorites but it’s so loving good

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You got a quote for those of us without a Tumblr account?

watho posted:

Okay, :wtc:. I gotta know; how many days did they think there were?

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
The Jon Bois video just posted explains it well. It's too dumb to explain simply.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Watch the jon bois video on it posted above

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, leg day

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

There's either 6 or 8 depending on which week it is.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Macaluso posted:

I'm surprised that it's not common knowledge in this thread how much of a special case xqc is

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You got a quote for those of us without a Tumblr account?

it's a video, but its pretty much the comments in this post:

Macaluso posted:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

here you go, but it truly cannot be described how painful this is

https://clips.twitch.tv/GorgeousPleasantLocustFutureMan

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Are there any languages that distinguish between midnight (upcoming) and midnight (previously happened)?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

how are you supposed to cut an avocado

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Bring the knife down until it hits the seed. Rotate the avocado vertically 360 degrees, slightly twist then pull apart.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

that sounds kinda complicated and unintuitive, is there a button prompt on screen or

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

You do it that way because it makes getting the seed out v easy, cutting through the seed means you gotta scoop around it and scrape the valuable avocado flesh off of a slippery halved seed pod

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Dabir posted:

that sounds kinda complicated and unintuitive, is there a button prompt on screen or

Yell at the retail employee to do it.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

You do it that way because it makes getting the seed out v easy, cutting through the seed means you gotta scoop around it and scrape the valuable avocado flesh off of a slippery halved seed pod

A teacher came in and asked us if we could save avocado seeds for a project she was gonna do. So I would take our rotten avocados and start cutting them and god drat those seeds are slippery as poo poo. I had to handle them with a cotton towel to keep them from pinging off my hand as I washed them off.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

watho posted:

Its not one of my favorites but it’s so loving good

Someone could say it's... pretty good.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I would go further and say that it's a video in a series of videos about stories that are pretty good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well I guess I'm gonna have to be the rear end in a top hat here.

Jon Bois' videos exist.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

Jon Bois' videos exist.

First of all how dare you

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Jon Bois' videos exist.

can you show your ontological workings.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Jon Bois' videos exist.

well one of them factually does not anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Macaluso posted:

So he reinvented timecube