Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Lemon-Lime posted:

If you're willing to end up with two sticks (and you should because then you have one for friends!) I'd say it's worth trying to get a second hand RAP4 for sub $70 to see if you like sticks first, before dropping $200 on a higher-end one.

Is there a trustworthy place to get second hand sticks? Cheapest I'm seeing it is the blue version on Amazon for $115, new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Dragonball FighterZ was 15 bucks so now i own that, too. I don't have a problem, I can stop whenever I want.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FrostyPox posted:

Dragonball FighterZ was 15 bucks so now i own that, too. I don't have a problem, I can stop whenever I want.

You should get a lot of different fighters to know what you like then once you feel burned a few times you can start to pick and choose.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

dbzf is worth $15 imo

i still have fun hopping on it

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
I beat my head against competitive sf5 for years and made myself even more insufferable to be around than usual. sf4 is great though, but I couldn't recommend it to anyone that doesn't already have an interest in it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Broken Loose posted:

Everybody thinks the game looks ugly

I honestly think SFV still looks good, even if some of the character designs are bad (looking at you, Ken's face). I do think SFV highlights that maybe Capcom should maybe move beyond characters' hands being as large as their heads, because I'm tired of being creeped out by Dictator's win animation.

Brought To You By posted:

The last of the Granblue fantasy Character trailers came out today.
https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/1204823488881725447
All that armor :allears: And the entire roster really does look fun to play as. It will be a good year for fighting games next year.
The rest of the trailers are also on youtube.

I really liked Charlotta in the beta, but all of the character trailers we've gotten recently makes me think that we got shafted in what we can expect in the full game. Every new character looks like a ton of fun.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Does anyone own third party pads? I'm currently using DS4 for Tekken but I feel like upgrading. The Razer Raion looks good but what about the Hori/Dobe offerings?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

I honestly think SFV still looks good, even if some of the character designs are bad (looking at you, Ken's face). I do think SFV highlights that maybe Capcom should maybe move beyond characters' hands being as large as their heads, because I'm tired of being creeped out by Dictator's win animation.
The issue is more that capcom is really bad at posing the models/angling the camera so you dont notice stuff like that.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I honestly can't believe anyone thinks SFV looks good. Everyone looks like they're on steroids, super harsh angles, giant hands, etc. I do like some of the new character designs though, I just wish they were in a game with a different art direction/style.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A few characters look good. Like Menat looks great.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

LMAO Dragonball FighterZ loving owns. I have no idea what I was doing but I managed to shoot lasers everywhere at everything.

I read Frieza was a zoning character so I figured that meant a lot of special moves and fancy button inputs a la Peacock from Skullgirls, I didn't expect to be able to just mash A and B and vomit projectiles across the screen endlessly

e: I mean it's not that effective if your opponent knows how to jump, but still

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Are Alex's legs still on the wrong way in SFV?

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Dec 12, 2019

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Endorph posted:

Agree I just feel they'd look even better in any other game. But Menat is my favorite new design by far.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Chaotic Flame posted:

Agree I just feel they'd look even better in any other game. But Menat is my favorite new design by far.

FANG is also good, and the new sim

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I like G but I'm not sure if I like the style of the character more than how he's actually drawn and animated. Still, G is probably my favourite addition to SFV.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Tekopo posted:

I like G but I'm not sure if I like the style of the character more than how he's actually drawn and animated. Still, G is probably my favourite addition to SFV.

i think G has way too much going on, you can't have magical moving golden geography tattoos and also be Abraham lincoln and also your whole body turns gold. plus I think he's really ugly ingame. they should have given him darker skin or changed the tattoo color, because shiny gold on pasty white looks gross.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
like give the G tattoos to that unused sf4 design, king cobra? now you got a character

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

There aren't many characters I really super-like in SFV but Weird Golden Tattooed Southern Abraham Lincoln is pretty cool

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Schneider Heim posted:

Does anyone own third party pads? I'm currently using DS4 for Tekken but I feel like upgrading. The Razer Raion looks good but what about the Hori/Dobe offerings?

I used to use only DualShocks for Guilty Gear, but I switched to the Hori Fighting Commander and I like it a lot more.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/xxadidas727xx/status/1205130553013391361

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
Lot of people in the replies saying they're just putting their brand on a Chinese stick that gets re-branded a lot. That sounds like a Madcatz move.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

When they're not phoning it in (Falke) on the newer characters, the animators also have done a pretty good job adding a lot of character as well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cammy airthrowing that stick in the garbage

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
after the TE2 everyone should know better than to buy madcatz

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

I honestly can't believe anyone thinks SFV looks good. Everyone looks like they're on steroids, super harsh angles, giant hands, etc. I do like some of the new character designs though, I just wish they were in a game with a different art direction/style.

I think SFV is a testament to the problems that come with outsourcing. The quality of design and animation among the cast is wildly variant, even within the same release window.

Blanka looks like he got twice the budget they gave to Sakura.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ono loves blanka

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Blanka came out after MHW so they had that sick sick monhun money to throw at him.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
MadCatz died in 2017, this is some random company that bought their name and branding during the liquidation.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I remember MadCatz' sorta Hail Mary sorta this the desperate beginning of the end moment was dumping a lot of money into an Invidia Shield equivalent that never happened.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Please do not forget the Madcatz Mojo, from back when people actually thought replicating the Ouya was a good idea. Thank you.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Blanka came out after MHW so they had that sick sick monhun money to throw at him.

If only they would learn to add more monster hunter costumes.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FanaticalMilk posted:

I think SFV is a testament to the problems that come with outsourcing. The quality of design and animation among the cast is wildly variant, even within the same release window.

Blanka looks like he got twice the budget they gave to Sakura.

Yeah, which I think helped to sell Menat and G (although I do agree that the moving gold tats is a bit much, which is why I stick to the Q alt).

And I gotta say, SFV Blanka is the first time I put any time into Blanka since the original SF2.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

"It's okay for me to not finish this, right? Right? Please say yes."
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1205330571880095744

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He's right.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Put the cast of CE in tekken 7 and call it a day imo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Yeah I'm not sure what niche is served when there's actively played and supported Tekken and SF games, the former that you can even just slap Street Fighter characters in

Feels like resources that could be better spent on Tekken 8

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/1205354071097368577

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
"Don't ask me for poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU