Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

bird food bathtub posted:

I have so many questions. What is going on here I feel like I need a translation from crazy to reality for what I'm seeing.

Dude just wants to keep the Corps alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Steezo posted:

Ok here goes...

Oorah, yut yut. Slay bodies, kill, rah? What makes the grass grow? BLOOD!!!!

(knife hand, knife hand)... (jerk off gesture)

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

12 months until terminal leave. I need to find out if I can carry more than sixty days of leave across fiscal year once I drop retirement papers. If not, it’ll be 13 months until terminal.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hekk posted:

12 months until terminal leave. I need to find out if I can carry more than sixty days of leave across fiscal year once I drop retirement papers. If not, it’ll be 13 months until terminal.

Nice. Get a physical copy of your complete medical file. Also download a copy of your iPerms for yourself. And/or print a copy of everything there too.

Also, FILE YOUR VA CLAIM. You can do it before you refrad. There are lot's of organizations that will do 90% of the work for you, for free (they get grant money to do it). Here's one: https://ssv.org/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwNeTkMyw5gIVB77ACh1hHQNCEAAYASAAEgLWffD_BwE

Is your service award being handled? Make sure that someone is on it.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Hekk, your county Vet office will submit your VA claim as well (iirc, you're in socal with me). Usually though they're booked months in advance, so maybe set that up. Don't be like me and wait 18 years to file.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Evil SpongeBob posted:

Hekk, your county Vet office will submit your VA claim as well (iirc, you're in socal with me). Usually though they're booked months in advance, so maybe set that up. Don't be like me and wait 18 years to file.

Yeah I need to start getting all of my poo poo together. Right after the new year I plan on starting all my paperwork to setup my TAPs class and final physical. I will look at filing the VA claim in advance. This is all so foreign that I have no idea what I am doing.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Sounds like you're on track to enjoy life to me.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
Don't stress it, the office will file an initial claim which stops the clock on when you start getting paid. They'll probably do a more detailed follow on appointment where they create your package. Let them do the work for you. Also, have them complete your DMV form once you have your 214 so you can get vet on your DL for that sweet Lowe's discount.

E: Make sure in your final physical you document every single minor thing going on with your body. I didn't mention my knees and didn't get rated for it. Make a copy of all medical and dental records too.

Once you get a rating, then your kids get tuition waived at all CA public colleges through PhD too.

Also, I have no idea what I'm doing in this thread, I clicked on accident.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Evil SpongeBob posted:

I didn't mention my knees and didn't get rated for it.

Not to be an rear end, but yes you can.

I was in the same position and got denied. You can submit a statement (explaining how you hurt your knees in the service), along with a civilian doctors assessment (you knees are hosed up and it didn't just happen overnight), and it counts as evidence.

I had a Marine buddy break his nose diving into a ditch in Iraq and because it was the invasion he didn't get it looked at/fixed so it just healed broken. He got out and was denied a rating (for breathing/sleeping problems) because of no evidence. He got written statements from a couple of guys who were with him when it happened and got a rating.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Hey! This thread isn't dead yet and I am slowly marching towards my inevitable retirement. I've been camping in the Navy thread since I think I am the last one left in. Feel free to post your dumb jarhead stories so we can all laugh at how dumb we are.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

My dumb jarhead story is the time the monitor told me I should put in a humanitarian transfer request so he could station me somewhere that needed my MOS/rank but didn’t have any billets open at the moment, and then when the request was denied he sent me to 29 Palms instead which didn’t need my MOS/rank and then refused to answer phone calls from any 29 Palms phone number until he PCSd

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
One time at the MCX some dork yelled at me for wearing sandals, I told him to gently caress off, he called me a f*g. Then he hosed off. That’s my Marine story.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
On oki we were living in the condemned barracks that had community bathrooms (they’re really called bathrooms, not heads) and I was taking a poo poo when I heard one dude in the shower tell another dude in the shower “nice dick”

The end.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

One time we went on a platoon run in the lake bandini area. Around it, on the small paths between the ponds, through the crust on the edges.

It was loving dumb.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

One time at the MCX some dork yelled at me for wearing sandals, I told him to gently caress off, he called me a f*g. Then he hosed off. That’s my Marine story.

I didn't know about MCX dress codes when on a Marine base and got a politely stern and frustrated E-7 trying to school my clueless Army rear end on how knee-length board shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals on the way to the pool were 1,000% unacceptable. Still got my gatorade and sun block successfully.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

We had a sgtmaj that liked to cruise the PX on Foster on his weekends looking for jarheads to yell at for wearing untucked shirts and poo poo. Miserable rear end in a top hat.

A bunch of my SNCOs on Oki were pastors in a local church, but they all hosed off over Christmas and the only kind gesture a bunch of teenagers away from their families got was a 2nd LT that made a bunch of cookies and left them outside everyone's doors in the barracks in paper bags.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

I didn't know about MCX dress codes when on a Marine base and got a politely stern and frustrated E-7 trying to school my clueless Army rear end on how knee-length board shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals on the way to the pool were 1,000% unacceptable. Still got my gatorade and sun block successfully.

That's not even a thing you just can't wear shower shoes

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

That's not even a thing you just can't wear shower shoes

I started to write out a uniform regs post but it hurts me too much to continue. I will just say that for a long period of time the uniform regs prohibited athletic shorts anywhere except physical training. They also removed the "no flip flops even if they aren't shower shoes" thing that even though wasn't part of the uniform regulations, was included in most base orders.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

boot camp should have a class on how to dress yourself

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Does 29 Palms still have the base reg that says that not even civilians are allowed to wear yoga to the PX? The community page was filled with dependas raging about that pretty consistently

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Internet Wizard posted:

Does 29 Palms still have the base reg that says that not even civilians are allowed to wear yoga to the PX? The community page was filled with dependas raging about that pretty consistently

What does your heart tell you?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
That some Joe somewhere is getting hosed over hard by everyone in their command.

But for them, life isn't nearly as lovely as a marine at 29 palms.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Hekk posted:

What does your heart tell you?

Gonna assume you still can’t buy beer in uniform on Fridays until after 1615 because the thing that’s going to stop people from day drinking is mild inconvenience

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You gotta really hate your fellow human being to ban yoga pants.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

EBB posted:

You gotta really hate your fellow human being to ban yoga pants.

I think that box is checked for 99% of all SNCOs

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

When I was in OCS one of my Sergeant Instructors had a tough time reading, like maybe a 5th grade reading level and watching him stumble with any words more then two syllables was rough on the captivated audience.

rah

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nice and hot piss posted:

When I was in OCS one of my Sergeant Instructors had a tough time reading, like maybe a 5th grade reading level and watching him stumble with any words more then two syllables was rough on the captivated audience.

rah

You just described half of the Marine Corps.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I fondly remember one of the corpsman staying back during a deployment, then getting caught robbing the houses of others in his unit while they were deployed and the families back in their home states for a few months.

Then there was the junior enlisted that got kidnapped in base housing by his "party pals" who then drained his bank account over time while he was their captive.

Be. Best.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

One time my SNCO told me to write a page 11 for a black kid wearing a Tupac shirt. I asked if I was to write up a white dude wearing a Travis Tritt shirt and got yelled at, then my own page 11.

gently caress the last year of my time in the Corps, seriously.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Grem posted:

One time my SNCO told me to write a page 11 for a black kid wearing a Tupac shirt. I asked if I was to write up a white dude wearing a Travis Tritt shirt and got yelled at, then my own page 11.

"We're not racist here we have everyone equally!"

*Two white dudes high five*

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Grem posted:

Fucks sake

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Grem posted:

“Ditty bopping”

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's heart warming to read that idiotic poo poo is universal across all branches.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Grem posted:

on the other hand, you were a pig on quantico or something. king buddy fucker

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Edit: Sorry, meant for Army thread.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

SimonCat posted:

Edit: Sorry, meant for Army thread.

I got excited thinking someone was talking in here again.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hekk posted:

I got excited thinking someone was talking in here again.

I had a weak moment and missed the Corps for a second yesterday.

Then I almost poo poo my pants in a dollar general parking lot. It reminded me of Kuwait and the first two weeks in Iraq or waking up early to run for no good reason and having beer shits back in the swoops in 29.

Lol, I'm good again

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

PathAsc posted:

I had a weak moment and missed the Corps for a second yesterday.

Then I almost poo poo my pants in a dollar general parking lot. It reminded me of Kuwait and the first two weeks in Iraq or waking up early to run for no good reason and having beer shits back in the swoops in 29.

Lol, I'm good again

I remember Mattis giving us his speech before the invasion which was basically “ Look left, look right, one in three of you will be dead or wounded in the next 72 hours. Make peace with that now and this’ll be a lot more fun. Now let’s go kill the enemy.”

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hekk posted:

I remember Mattis giving us his speech before the invasion which was basically “ Look left, look right, one in three of you will be dead or wounded in the next 72 hours. Make peace with that now and this’ll be a lot more fun. Now let’s go kill the enemy.”

Mattis really was a great speaker, that being said I regret not being able to have served under Krulak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Was actually able to find my unit patches for my ALR vest. I got nostalgic, and then remembered my ex-wife stole and pawned all my old unit stuff. loving sucks but I'm gonna go with "at least I was able to come back from over there" with the stuff.

Oh well, my appointments with my head shrinker are set up for when I get back from work travel, so that's good :gbsmith: