Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

thespaceinvader posted:

Nope.

Theros pre-orders are also live, I'm semi seriously considering dropping 100 odd quid on them which is probably bad. I'll see what I get for Christmas I think.

E: what the gently caress Rhys the Redeemes is nonsense. 7 cost creature, double your entire battleline.

at least wait to see if there's any good cards in the set, cmon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
The Elspeth and Ashiok mosaic sleeves look super sweet, oh mama

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Anyway here's the patch notes.

HOLY poo poo

:siren: Decks no longer require the set or collection number when importing them to MTG Arena. :siren:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

Anyway here's the patch notes.

HOLY poo poo

:siren: Decks no longer require the set or collection number when importing them to MTG Arena. :siren:

Import? Like a net decking goldfish?

I wonder what the default lands will be then, I always have to change them because MTGG defaults in the Ixalands and other places default to the worst looking Eldraine basics. I would also like to have the elf Duress instead of the boat Duress thank you.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
The did some kinda graphical overhaul to the fox pet. It looks better now while you're playing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

The did some kinda graphical overhaul to the fox pet. It looks better now while you're playing.

Graphical changes seem to lag patch updates, I'm sure there are a bunch of cards that have associated animations now as well.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Lol who would pay into Planeswalker Momir for 3 levels

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
lots of game companies do those surveys (overwatch did it very regularly for a long time ) but there tends to not be much actionable beyond "players like winning".

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Not that any of us are going to use the friends list, because we're all too busy grinding on the ladder, but if you want to add me:

Drewjitsu#31623

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

zoux posted:

Import? Like a net decking goldfish?

I wonder what the default lands will be then, I always have to change them because MTGG defaults in the Ixalands and other places default to the worst looking Eldraine basics. I would also like to have the elf Duress instead of the boat Duress thank you.

You can just change it yourself!

It's way better than the game telling me I don't have 4 Opt when the original deck builder used the only ones I don't have 4 of.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Lone Goat posted:

at least wait to see if there's any good cards in the set, cmon

I mean it's not like I'm not going to get the set mastery at some point anyway.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

You can just change it yourself!

It's way better than the game telling me I don't have 4 Opt when the original deck builder used the only ones I don't have 4 of.

I do change it myself but I would see it as a QoL improvement but alas; WotC greed

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

God cat/oven/mayhem devil is so loving dumb.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I should start doing best of 3, just to have actual sideboards against cats

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I have a few bits of utility against cats in this deck, specifically Shieldbreaker to kill the ovens, but not too many of them because they're pretty trash compared to everything else in the deck.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

Graphical changes seem to lag patch updates, I'm sure there are a bunch of cards that have associated animations now as well.

Yeah Golden Goose has a new animation.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah Golden Goose has a new animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCCAnnLRcgY?????

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

thespaceinvader posted:

I have a few bits of utility against cats in this deck, specifically Shieldbreaker to kill the ovens, but not too many of them because they're pretty trash compared to everything else in the deck.

I usually main deck two instead of the dwarves. Just Incase.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

LingcodKilla posted:

I usually main deck two instead of the dwarves. Just Incase.

I don't have the dwarves either. The instant is nice but a 3/1 that can't block is kinda lovely in this deck. I ran them for a while and the returns were just terrible, getting the extra damage is nice, but by the time the dwarf itself hits the table you've either won or it's getting chumped to death by something irrelevant.

I made Diamond 3.

Gonna do a draft now.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Best change is segmenting the daily/weekly win progress bars.

Dumb question; is there any interest in a site that would do matchmaking for Swiss tourneys? It's been an idea I've been tossing around in my head that I'll probably not do anything with because I'm lazy / logistics of how to handle all the cases like time limits and people going idle / those log files look super complicated but I figured I'd gauge how dumb of an idea it actually is.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Is the pack preorder even a good deal? It seems to be basically the normal price for that number of packs in gems.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

RPZip posted:

Is the pack preorder even a good deal? It seems to be basically the normal price for that number of packs in gems.

IDK, that's one thing I was trying to work out. Assuming the mastery is the usual 3400 gems, the mastery pack is iffy, but the sealed entires and levels are probably worth it. I'm not sure they're worth it compared to just playing it out though.

The mythics are good at least?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I'm looking forward to seeing the deck that makes Elspeth good because I am just not seeing it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

RPZip posted:

I usually grab them just because you don't have to do the whole gem conversion thing and just give them 50 bucks for 50 packs + extras

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

IDK, that's one thing I was trying to work out. Assuming the mastery is the usual 3400 gems, the mastery pack is iffy, but the sealed entires and levels are probably worth it. I'm not sure they're worth it compared to just playing it out though.

The mythics are good at least?

The Elspeth pack saves you about 10 bux depending on how many gems you feel an Elspeth is worth and if you're paying full price for the foil version.

Master pass = 3400
+10 levels = 2000
1 mythic rare = ?
1 mythic rare premium version = 1200
2 draft tokens = 2000 gems
Premium sleeve = 1200 gems

That gets you 9800 gems which is 200 short of 50usd worth of gems if you get the 100usd bundle. Factor in the mythic rare and you're barely justifying the cost of the pack.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing the deck that makes Elspeth good because I am just not seeing it.

I would've been thrilled if they had just reprinted Sun's Champion.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
I’m a bit confused. Does the Ashiok bundle not include a mastery pass, that is, it’s just packs? I thought they sold a bundle with packs and the pass for Eldraine.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Oh man they are fully leaning on the completionist whales with all this. The only thing I can say is that the base card economy is still pretty generous. Certainly better than hearthstone was at this time in its history.

Selling 500 different cosmetics and bundles and ratcheting up event costs is classic scummy f2p tactics but if they don't touch the basic card economy it might turn out OK. But once you get locked into a serious f2p monetization campaign the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Shitshow posted:

I’m a bit confused. Does the Ashiok bundle not include a mastery pass, that is, it’s just packs? I thought they sold a bundle with packs and the pass for Eldraine.

They did not, unless I totally missed it. I bought the two separately.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

qbert posted:

I would've been thrilled if they had just reprinted Sun's Champion.

Can't be the sun's champion if the sun loving ganked you.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Shitshow posted:

Ashiok bundle is just packs, 1x ashoik MR, the card style, and the premium card back (Ashiok mosaic).

That's it. That's the usual bundle. Mastery pass is separate, which is consistent with their previous two sets.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Drewjitsu posted:

The Elspeth pack saves you about 10 bux depending on how many gems you feel an Elspeth is worth and if you're paying full price for the foil version.

Master pass = 3400
+10 levels = 2000
1 mythic rare = ?
1 mythic rare premium version = 1200
2 draft tokens = 2000 gems
Premium sleeve = 1200 gems

That gets you 9800 gems which is 200 short of 50usd worth of gems if you get the 100usd bundle. Factor in the mythic rare and you're barely justifying the cost of the pack.

I feel like the +10 levels shouldn't be included because you can easily get that just through consistent play. So to me this pack does not seem worth it.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
They are sealed tokens, not draft tokens. Not sure how much a sealed costs

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sealed costs 2k gems.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, that's my outlook. IDGAF about cosmetics, so I'm ignoring that, if I don't have the MR I won't miss it even if it's decent which it's not looking incredible, and I'll get the pass levels eventually through regular play so I'm not paying for them. I'll probably just wait and buy the pass directly.

I got far enough in my draft to have the gems for the next one, (4/3 in this case) which is encouraging, and Mardu Knight Rush continues a solidly stable ascent through Diamond, hopefully to improve now that I got my last Worthy Knight and another Embercleave which I might throw in as well.

It's such a fun deck, it's pretty reliably doing lethal on turn 4 or 5 unopposed and it's going super wide into that with worthy and a single Skyknight Vanguard out occasionally, and occasionally super tall as well with multiple Inspiring guys, Icon of Ancestry (just a better Acclaimed Contender in context, I've dropped the Contenders completely) and 'I'm wielding three lances' on Fervent Champ.

Literally the only removal is Blacklance Paragon and Embercleave and I very, very rarely feel the lack. Only real struggle is Rakdos catoven with Mayhem Devil, because I just can't deal with two damage per round for free with relatively little dudes, and manse dance etc unless I draw super well and swing for lethal before they time wipe or whatever.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

GrandpaPants posted:

I think the idea with Elspeth is to get a double activation out of her in a single turn, spending the last of her loyalty then Escaping her.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/mtgaaron/status/1205173497703460865?s=21

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who gives a poo poo who plays more of each format, I still never have queue times more than 30 seconds and I play bo3 exclusively.

(Not you but the people roasting him in the comments)

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
My longest queues the past few months has been today in Ranked M20 Draft. Almost a minute a couple times. Never have queues past 15 seconds in any Bo3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Draft is pretty stratified. Also if you get a queue over 30 seconds in ranked draft, cancel out and try it later otherwise you're liable to enjoy the "queued into silver and got a diamond opponent" bullshit.