Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
this poo poo's fragile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
uff, oof, agh

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
handle with care

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Zip Line Network

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Sponsored by Monster

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
https://twitter.com/teejaye84/status/1201283377749356544?s=21

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Juche Couture posted:

The Elder: can I keep him alive just by sending a robot off towards him every now and again?

Whoa, I didn't know that he could die..

Is there some more info about how this is triggered? After spending a fuckton of time over in the western half of the central region (and finally western region), i did some more deliveries in the east part of central to get my delivery scores up. Some ziplines near the Elder had degraded but he was definitely still alive in my game by the time I got the plat.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Death Stranding 3: Monorail

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Sam, once you bring that new monorail on line you'll finally put SpringKnot City on the map right next to North HaverKnot. Now it goes without saying but "mono" equals "one," and "rail" equals "rail." So get that rail on the network and make our country one again.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Sam, Ame is french for soul. A soul that is a lie.

:aaaaa:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

WaltherFeng posted:

Sam, Ame is french for soul. A soul that is a lie.

:aaaaa:

God drat it, Kojima!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Kojima is so hung up on wordplay, it’s really weird. I’m not sure what his proficiency in English is, but it kinda feels like he knows a bit, can hear the similarities between words, and makes these connections that sound really awkward to native English speakers. I wonder if there’s as much wordplay in the Japanese version.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
His English is notoriously terrible

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Colonel Whitey posted:

Kojima is so hung up on wordplay, it’s really weird. I’m not sure what his proficiency in English is, but it kinda feels like he knows a bit, can hear the similarities between words, and makes these connections that sound really awkward to native English speakers. I wonder if there’s as much wordplay in the Japanese version.

I feel like there would be more if anything since Japanese is like the King Pun Language

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

For all the Die-Hardman jokes, the cringiest on-the-nose line for me remains the Collector sending you an email with the subject "We Used to Have Things Called "Magazines"

WaltherFeng posted:

Describe Death Stranding in 3 words

Ride with Norman Reedus

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Baby Crazy Climber.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

For all the Die-Hardman jokes, the cringiest on-the-nose line for me remains the Collector sending you an email with the subject "We Used to Have Things Called "Magazines"

Ride with Norman Reedus

The best email is when Deadman just segues into "By the way Sam, have you seen the movie The Shape of Water? It's not thematically connected to what I was talking about or anything. I just think it's a good movie and you should watch it some time."

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Frankly shocked there wasn't a heartman email mentioning Valhalla Rising or something

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm just mad that someone already took "The NeonDemen" as a PSN name

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Monkey Fracas posted:

Japanese is like the King Pun Language

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Frankly shocked there wasn't a heartman email mentioning Valhalla Rising or something

I want to go back and look at Heartman's movie library because that's gotta be on there lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

precision posted:

:hmmyes:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

This is DEFINITELY Heartman and you should add him to friends

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Oh speaking of emails, wtf was with that Deadman one after the ending where he was just like remember that big reveal where I told you how I was artificially grown from some cells? That actually wasn't true, sorry! Too bad we'll never actually interact again in the game!

Juche Couture
Feb 3, 2007

Wrong thread

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Junk Dealer Is his Japanese wife some sort of well known Japanese celebrity or something?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The chiral artist is by all accounts just a photographer/artist Kojima knows IRL.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The chiral artist is by all accounts just a photographer/artist Kojima knows IRL.

Yep.

This really was a fan project for Kojima in a lot of ways, since he gets to fill the entire thing to references and outright mentions of the things he enjoys. Movies, music, artists (Junji Ito is the Engineer, of all freakin' people) and mecha figurines.

Not gonna lie, I'm going to hit up a few places I know in Seoul and see if I can find one of those Ludens Astronaut Nenderoids.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love the collectibles that mention Guillermo del Toro and Nicolas Winding Refn because it's seriously got that feeling of your kid nephew showing you all the things he does with his friends like, "hey check out Godzilla! My director friends think it's really inspirational! Look at this cool motorcycle my buddy Norman Reedus told me about! Also have you ever heard the God of War soundtrack? It's really great!"

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

J.A.B.C. posted:

(Junji Ito is the Engineer, of all freakin' people)

They were in touch for PT so it's not that crazy

god that game was gonna be hosed up

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I played the "is Cliff's wife Lisa a reference to PT" game in my head for literally the entire video game and they never referenced PT so I was left with a solid "it's Kojima so probably"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is there a Jareth

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

CJacobs posted:

I played the "is Cliff's wife Lisa a reference to PT" game in my head for literally the entire video game and they never referenced PT so I was left with a solid "it's Kojima so probably"

I think I read or saw somewhere that the buildings and stuff in city ruins are old PT assets. I dunno how true that is though

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Macaluso posted:

I think I read or saw somewhere that the buildings and stuff in city ruins are old PT assets. I dunno how true that is though

Saying as it runs on a different engine (Hills was slated to use FOX while DS uses Decima), I dont think this is the case.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It's 100% hosed that the FOX engine is relegated to whatever trash Konami wants to shove through it. MGSV was a technical marvel.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's 100% hosed that the FOX engine is relegated to whatever trash Konami wants to shove through it. MGSV was a technical marvel.

Yeah, high frame rate, and although a lot of inanimate object models were low in polygon count they did a good job of hiding it

Afghanistan's lighting and ambience were incredible

The faces... the faces were amazing.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's pretty wild and cool that there are a couple mega ruins that the plot never sends you to. Takes a lot of restraint to put all that work in and then go "eh, we'll let players find it themselves"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

Yeah, high frame rate, and although a lot of inanimate object models were low in polygon count they did a good job of hiding it

Afghanistan's lighting and ambience were incredible

The faces... the faces were amazing.

Is it a trick of memory that I think the facial tech in MGSV seems better than Death Stranding's?

Or is it that more than half of the characters in Death Stranding I know what their real actors look like so it's uncanny valleying me

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Is PT that cool rear end game that almost got made with Guillermo del Toro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is it a trick of memory that I think the facial tech in MGSV seems better than Death Stranding's?

Or is it that more than half of the characters in Death Stranding I know what their real actors look like so it's uncanny valleying me

MGSV's facial animation was good but it's incredibly dated compared to DS now. I think it's your memory. The faces in MGSV are still pretty stiff and often not fully mocapped as they are for virtually every DS cutscene. There's notably a lot more movement in ancillary facial muscles and dimpling in DS. I think it looks weird because really good rendered mocap sourced animation still suffers from quality of the model not quite being as lifelike as the animations which causes some conflict, LA Noire is similar in that regard. Add in stuff like the rest of the body not receiving such finely tuned mocap as the face and you get some dissonance between how realistic the face moves versus the rest of the body.
Also MGSV had less intimate cinematography than DS, with wider shots and fewer close ups.