Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
The chicken pot pie is a guilty pleasure of mine. I especially like it with some cholula on top. Please don’t report me to my GWS friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
was super low on gas with no costco within range. had to fill up with inferior quality fuel and an inflated price. just a few gallons until saturdays fillup.

not a pleasurable experience. the whole "traffic coming to the pumps from both directions" is infuriating after getting used to the seamless efficiency of costco pump lines.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Getting gas at my Costco is like I'm Mad Max going for guzzoline. Never again am I dealing with those savages.

Good on you folks where your Costco gas stations aren't cutthroat.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
The trick at least in my area is to go during hours that Costco itself is closed. The Costco gas station opens much earlier and closes a few hours later. I have good luck in the mornings.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

arisu posted:

The trick at least in my area is to go during hours that Costco itself is closed. The Costco gas station opens much earlier and closes a few hours later. I have good luck in the mornings.

Holy poo poo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

You didnt know this? That's like the only time I get gas unless I'm going inside or if I need gas ASAP.

Sakara123
Dec 10, 2019

The Big Chungus

Chinatown posted:

was super low on gas with no costco within range. had to fill up with inferior quality fuel and an inflated price. just a few gallons until saturdays fillup.

not a pleasurable experience. the whole "traffic coming to the pumps from both directions" is infuriating after getting used to the seamless efficiency of costco pump lines.

??? I have literally never waited less than 10 minutes in a costco gas line. Or I can just go to a shell. Pay 5cents tops more per litre. Also has about the same( or significantly more if you buy the premium ) detergent additive ratios. Also how far is your costco? If you didn't have enough fuel to make it there you're probably wasting more in fuel travelling to/from than you'd save.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Minto Took posted:

Getting gas at my Costco is like I'm Mad Max going for guzzoline. Never again am I dealing with those savages.

Good on you folks where your Costco gas stations aren't cutthroat.

I'm confused.
Up here :canada: all Costco has stations are one way only. You go in the entrance, pick a queue to sit in, and wait. It's busier non-costco gas stations where people will approach the pump you've been waiting for from the opposite side, and try other pump poaching techniques.

Or is it a problem just getting into the queue?
Mine has been renovated a few times now as well to account for line issues. First they moved the entrance to allow more cars to get in before spilling out into the road, then they added a 3rd row of pumps so it moves 50% faster. Been much, much better but I still like to go 7am-9am when I can pull directly up to pump.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The lines/queues are always ridiculously long (six vehicles+ deep per slots of two pumps--four rows of two pumps) and people will cut in front given the opportunity. Six vehicles might not sound like a lot, but people take their sweet-rear end time when they finally get a pump.

Attitudes among your fellow patrons are also quite hostile.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Sakara123 posted:

??? I have literally never waited less than 10 minutes in a costco gas line. Or I can just go to a shell. Pay 5cents tops more per litre. Also has about the same( or significantly more if you buy the premium ) detergent additive ratios. Also how far is your costco? If you didn't have enough fuel to make it there you're probably wasting more in fuel travelling to/from than you'd save.

Same here. Only filled up a few times from Costco before realizing my time was worth much more than saving a buck or two on gas.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Sakara123 posted:

It’s probably all relative because waiting 10 minutes to get gas sounds insane to me.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

arisu posted:

Yeah, I fill up in the morning ~7 am on my way to work. Usually just 1 or 2 other people there.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Irvine is a wretched hellscape for guzzoline at any hour of the day. Both Laguna Niguel locations are fine except during peak rush hour. Never had much of an issue at San Juan Capistrano either.

But seriously gently caress Irvine.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sakara123 posted:

my Costco is 5 minutes from my house but was an hour in traffic in the evening coming back from my office. Just forgot to get gas the day before since I was running around for work.

FogHelmut posted:

Its master-planned blandness is legitimately impressive.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

FogHelmut posted:

Irvine is a wretched hellscape for guzzoline at any hour of the day. Both Laguna Niguel locations are fine except during peak rush hour. Never had much of an issue at San Juan Capistrano either.

There's a South African store near one of the Laguna Niguel costcos that has great biltong

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
HOTDOG OF THE BEAST :devil:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Poutine.

:negative:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

EvilJoven posted:

HOTDOG OF THE BEAST :devil:

You need to come to Regent Costco with the rest of us uncultured trash

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Welcome to the crew :devil:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

fordham posted:

BJs isn't bad, far better than Sam's for sure. Costco has a better store brand, better return policy and customer service, and amazing hot dogs with soda for $1.50 (with refill).

They both sell a lot of the same brand name products. I found BJs a bit more consistent with stock - Costco seems to have things appear and disappear more often.

BJs had a lot more food (types of food & variety) in their store as a general rule too, which is something we miss with our Costco.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

StormDrain posted:

Welcome to the crew :devil:

I gassed up at that Costco once when driving through Colorado! They had 85 octane which I thought was strange.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

phosdex posted:

I gassed up at that Costco once when driving through Colorado! They had 85 octane which I thought was strange.

It's based on altitude! Higher elevation up has lower octane requirements.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Sakara123 posted:

Costco gas is $0.70/gallon cheaper than the other gas station I drive by on my way too/from work and I can't remember the last time I waited more than 5 minutes in line. Admittedly, there are other gas stations that are only $0.20-0.30 more expensive, but they're more out of my way.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I made a trip earlier this evening and I saw something I hadn't seen before: Walls Berry Farm Honeycrisp Apple Fruit Spread. It's from the same company that does the Kirkland strawberry spread. It's like a cross between preserves and applesauce and has some nutmeg and ground cloves. It's delicious.

I filled up on gas with no wait. I wouldn't recommend moving to Ohio just to avoid gas lines though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

GI_Clutch posted:

I made a trip earlier this evening and I saw something I hadn't seen before: Walls Berry Farm Honeycrisp Apple Fruit Spread. It's from the same company that does the Kirkland strawberry spread. It's like a cross between preserves and applesauce and has some nutmeg and ground cloves. It's delicious.

I filled up on gas with no wait. I wouldn't recommend moving to Ohio just to avoid gas lines though.

What is a good reason to move to Ohio?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Costco gas is $0.70/gallon cheaper than the other gas station I drive by on my way too/from work and I can't remember the last time I waited more than 5 minutes in line. Admittedly, there are other gas stations that are only $0.20-0.30 more expensive, but they're more out of my way.

That's substantial enough yeah. California Costco Gas vs Gas Station usually doesn't exceed more than $0.3 difference; usually about $0.15 to .2 cheaper overall. Which for filling up a 11-15g tank is basically a $1.5. which granted is also a hot dog

but usually not worth it for me since i hate driving, its a little out of the way, and usually has a 5-10 minute wait. but if im stopping at costco and the tank is low enough i'll fill it up but not worth a special trip for a buck.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Moey posted:

Jeeeeeeez, you city suburb trash need to embrace fake trees.

I did. The $400 Costco fake tree. It’s nice.

arisu posted:

Early or not at all.

FogHelmut posted:

Up the rear end sideways.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

If you're moving from South Sudan I guess

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

FogHelmut posted:

I did both undergrad and grad school there, so basically ten years straight and I couldn't wait to get out. The only thing that made it bearable was moving to Santa Ana where there was at least some culture/community and you could take 73 (yes I trained myself to drop "the" before freeways since I left) for free to the UCI exit.

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't use Costco when I was there. We had a free Sams membership via family and went to the one in Santa Ana/Costa Mesa. Now I'm lucky to have three Costco within 10-15 minutes in three directions, so I'm obviously doing that now.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

canyoneer posted:

If you're moving from South Sudan I guess

I'll take a crab juice.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Might head to Costco for Christmas treats and a laptop for mom in law today. Wish me luck...

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Costco topping another top 5 list.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

A chance to move away from Ohio

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Douche4Sale posted:

I did both undergrad and grad school there, so basically ten years straight and I couldn't wait to get out. The only thing that made it bearable was moving to Santa Ana where there was at least some culture/community and you could take 73 (yes I trained myself to drop "the" before freeways since I left) for free to the UCI exit.

California had the first freeway and therefore gets to decide how they are named. Using "The" before the number is the proper form, every other place is saying it wrong :colbert:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FCKGW posted:

California had the first freeway and therefore gets to decide how they are named. Using "The" before the number is the proper form, every other place is saying it wrong :colbert:

im born and raised in norcal and have spent less than 6 weeks of my entire life in socal and yet somehow ive adopted get on 'the 80 / the 101 / the 5'. idk

Althalin
Nov 19, 2019

Putting the ham in Chamon
Pork Pro
Stopped by the 'stco for lunch yesterday after flying back from a work trip. Ambled around hoovering up samples before hitting the food court.

Decided to be a fatass and got a 1/4+ lb ALL-BEEF HOTDOG AND DRINK (with refill) and a slice of 'za for the righteous price of $3.70 (drat gubbermint taxes)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Douche4Sale posted:

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't use Costco when I was there. We had a free Sams membership via family and went to the one in Santa Ana/Costa Mesa. Now I'm lucky to have three Costco within 10-15 minutes in three directions, so I'm obviously doing that now.

Hey fellow anteater!!! *Makes the anteater hand symbol* ZOT ZOT ZOT

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Kirkland No Salt Seasoning owns.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Chinatown posted:

Cool I was wondering about that one but nobody answered my question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Chinatown posted:

No it’s bad actually