Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
I want to see the footage from the guy in the tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

minato posted:

So, a real life version of the Peril Sensitive Glasses from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

The whole bit with the kidnapped HHGttG office building is pure gold. The part about the Frogstar Scout Robot, Class C, lol.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

wesleywillis posted:

I like to think that the dude was somewhere on the Upside Down and slipped in to a large opening and slid down inside.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Obsoletely Fabulous posted:

I’m going to sign those papers in about 15 minutes. Been weighing heavy on my mind since my mom brought it up. She finally decided to do it after tearing both rotator cuffs and having to have a couple vertebrate fused due to an injury at work after someone put a 50+ pound box on a shelf and asked her to get it without telling her about the weight as a joke. She grabbed it, fell, and then went to the hospital.

:stonk:

Please tell me that the rear end in a top hat who did that no longer works there.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Searching this led me to images of business casual guys in cybersoldier helmets

Hello there.
Rear Admiral Kenobi

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Why not just hardware it and make that switch do nothing? It's exactly the same result...

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Nocheez posted:

Why not just hardware it and make that switch do nothing? It's exactly the same result...

Well, you know, there's that little label on it that says don't open, risk of electric shock, etc. Doesn't say anything about screwing a few bolts into the front panel, though.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Nocheez posted:

It's tagged to primary but they presumably want to use secondary some day.

Gonna guess people kept flipping the selector instead of turning it off which probably gives the MCC a heart attack. Why it's set up that way and why they're using a wrench as a tag/lock is probably related in that it's a control box designed and operated by idiots.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Fire Storm posted:

I want to see the footage from the guy in the tree

The trick is that they grew the tree around the guy

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Update on Kuznetsov: the fire has reportedly been extinguished.

quote:

Russian daily Kommersant reported on Friday that the fire started when hot metal fell down a shaft and came into contact with a pile of garbage lying on a lower deck, which included a piece of oily cloth.

The fire alarm on the ship had been dismantled during the refit, which was why the fire had a chance to spread, the newspaper said, quoting its sources.

A probe was launched Thursday into possible construction safety violations.

Kommersant said damage from the fire was mostly to cables which were to be replaced in the refit.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

quote:

a pile of garbage lying on a lower deck

:ussr:

Sakara123
Dec 10, 2019

The Big Chungus

shame on an IGA posted:

Those are car hauler railcars, the hazmat in question is unlikely to be more serious than lead acid batteries, motor oil, or possibly li-ion packs, all in the format of "installed into a complete and functional motor vehicle".

While i agree the titles a bit alarming, being in central/northern alberta we have a lot of rail leaks, tips etc. And the amount of absolute mayhem they cause on everything living remotely near is horrendous. Although I guess Detroit doesn't have to worry about any of that.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This LASER is so cursed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BeTq99LqUo

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I love the term "desktop particle accelerators."

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's the switch that fixes the forums.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

wow, he finally blew out his camera sensor.
oh sure it'll blast chucks outta some tungsten, time to hit my hand with it

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Dec 13, 2019

Obsoletely Fabulous
May 6, 2008

Who are you, and why should I care?

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

:stonk:

Please tell me that the rear end in a top hat who did that no longer works there.

I’m sure he does. No evidence beyond he said/she said. My mother does not though. She got a settlement and retired after that.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Nenonen posted:

Update on Kuznetsov: the fire has reportedly been extinguished.

quote:

Russian daily Kommersant reported on Friday that the fire started when hot metal fell down a shaft and came into contact with a pile of garbage lying on a lower deck, which included a piece of oily cloth.

The fire alarm on the ship had been dismantled during the refit, which was why the fire had a chance to spread, the newspaper said, quoting its sources.

A probe was launched Thursday into possible construction safety violations.

Kommersant said damage from the fire was mostly to cables which were to be replaced in the refit.
Ah yes, pile of oily rags three decks down ignited by welding sparks is a true OSHA-Shipyard Edition classic.

Looking at Murmansk the two drydocks they are supposedly combining to put her in for further repairs are only 700-800' long. The carrier is right at 1000', so look forward to more OSHA stories! It looks like she's had alot of the flight deck replaced, maybe where the crane fell on her?

Admiral Kuznetsov: https://goo.gl/maps/wwzUYin3nGuasxhJA
Drydocks:https://goo.gl/maps/JGdxnw77zDkfiGd37

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

LifeSunDeath posted:

wow, he finally blew out his camera sensor.
oh sure it'll blast chucks outta some tungsten, time to hit my hand with it

That last screencap there, when he walked the laser over to his hand and talked about it 'yeah sure, it hurts a little I guess', I was pretty much all set with the video. It's not a bad video! But something about that particular moment threw my 'that's quite enough now' switch.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That is... it's beautiful!

A perfect truckfuckling

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Do trucks get stuck together like dogs after they have fuckled?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
What? How?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My best guess is someone ordered a portable hole from ACME and didn't pack it real well.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

My best guess is someone ordered a portable hole from ACME and didn't pack it real well.
telefragged
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb-HFu8qO9U

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Nenonen posted:

Do trucks get stuck together like dogs after they have fuckled?

Isn't that cats?

I admit I don't know much about petfuckling.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The internet is pretty great as a whole. But there's all these pictures of really exotic truck fuckling. Truck fuckling at really impressive angles. Truck fuckling with really unobtainably good looking trucks. Even violent truck fuckling. It's really starting to ruin my truck fuckling experiences in real life because of the shifted expectations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Uthor posted:

What? How?

Apparently when Bethesda needs a truck, they go with Penske

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
had to ask my GF to put on big truck tires as shoes in order to feel anything now

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

I appreciate this comment.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
I expect the few seconda after that photo functioned like getting objects stuck in each other in 2000s physics engines, and ended with both of them being ejected into the stratosphere

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

5er posted:

That last screencap there, when he walked the laser over to his hand and talked about it 'yeah sure, it hurts a little I guess', I was pretty much all set with the video. It's not a bad video! But something about that particular moment threw my 'that's quite enough now' switch.

Later in the video, he puts a frequency doubler on the laser and actually hurts his hand with it

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

EvenWorseOpinions posted:

I expect the few seconda after that photo functioned like getting objects stuck in each other in 2000s physics engines, and ended with both of them being ejected into the stratosphere

Or falling through the ground. There is no other way.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

This channel is always good OSHA content
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmD5H47ALhk

I enjoy the man shouting "Holy loving poo poo" quite clearly over the wind at terminal velocity

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

i'm not up on my memes, is this Euro Truck Simulator or Star Citizen?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i'm not up on my memes, is this Euro Truck Simulator or Star Citizen?

It's a JPEG that was given to you for free, so it sure isn't Star Citizen

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Bad Munki posted:

:golfclap:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Ok, that smaller truck broke through the frame on the trailer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

wesleywillis posted:

Ok, that smaller truck broke through the frame on the trailer?

I settled on that idea.