Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Never really took it as just having an opinion for clicks since I agreed with him on games that were praised not being that good (and for the same reasons he took fault with them) but that's a bummer about his pals.

joseph anderson is one of the dumbest motherfuckers on youtube and it boggles me that anyone gives a hot flying fuckin poo poo about anything he says anout anything ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Didn't Joseph Anderson not get Silent Hill 2

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Junpei Hyde posted:

Didn't Joseph Anderson not get Silent Hill 2

He didn't see what was so bad about Rafe in Uncharted 4 as well.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

bobjr posted:

He didn't see what was so bad about Rafe in Uncharted 4 as well.

wait what? how do you not get rafe? the dude was an entitled shithead who got pissed because mommy and daddys money didnt bring him happiness so he tried doing poo poo on his own. he is also a cold blooded sociopath.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i had a joseph anderson video about.... edit finch i think? saved in my watch later playlist for years by now, and i think its time to delete it

mostly because the playlist is way too big anyways and im never going to get to most of the stuff on there but also because of this thread i guess

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wait what? how do you not get rafe?

by being one of the dumbest motherfuckers on youtube

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

by being one of the dumbest motherfuckers on youtube

clearly but like did he not get that Rafe was a shithead or what. i mean i know rafe is "subtle" for a uncharted character but wtf.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ArfJason posted:

Werent rlm reviews for the new trilogy like "it was ok" or mike saying "i didnt hate it." and poo poo

I remember they spent about 40 minutes on the Plinkett review for TFA talking about some dumbshit internet fan theory thing. That video was a total waste of time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

I remember they spent about 40 minutes on the Plinkett review for TFA talking about some dumbshit internet fan theory thing. That video was a total waste of time.

i thought it was sorta funny because i dislike the prequels a bunch even though i grew up with them and liked them as a kid.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dapper_Swindler posted:

clearly but like did he not get that Rafe was a shithead or what. i mean i know rafe is "subtle" for a uncharted character but wtf.

I’d have to watch it again but a lot of it was “Rafe was being fine until Nate and Sam came in and blew things up”. Also not understanding why Rafe wouldn’t just take the deal at the end

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Dan cuts the snyder release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pGlYF3xLrM

e:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i thought it was sorta funny because i dislike the prequels a bunch even though i grew up with them and liked them as a kid.

:same:

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
I, for one, can't wait until Star Wars dies.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

bobjr posted:

I’d have to watch it again but a lot of it was “Rafe was being fine until Nate and Sam came in and blew things up”. Also not understanding why Rafe wouldn’t just take the deal at the end

Dude, Rafe in the prologue loving murdered the dude that they were working with when he found out they were holding out on them instead of just giving him a bigger cut and basically hosed things up even more.

Not to mention, thematically, Rafe may as well wear a shirt that says "I am the natural endpoint of Nate's obsessions getting in the way of his own happiness". Sam too, arguably to a point.

Also, I need to play Lost Legacy sometime.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

sorta. I went to loving lucas ranch and the archives because of make a wish(give to them they are awesome) with one of my best friends. it was loving amazing and we saw and hosed around with the props. i posted pictures years ago on a old 4chan /tv/ thread and i still need to dig up the cd, it was at least 11 or so years ago and i would do it again in a heart beat. its weird because i dont HATE the prequels. i just find them bad and super disappointing. i like that lucas tried to do something new and i will always be thankful to him for making the movies because those movies and the toys helped me through a ton of medical poo poo and it has brought me some of my best memories. that being said disliking the prequels or disliking stupid stuff in TLJ, didnt kill my childhood and i find it dumb when people say that poo poo. i mean i am still a fan, just not a creepy scary one.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I grew up with the prequels and hated them. The prequels were so dull and stupid that I have never developed any kind of appreciation for Star Wars. I pretty much resent the franchise at this point, because they will not stop making them and putting them out and going "aren't you nostalgic for this? Aren't you nostalgic? Aren't you? Aren't you?"

Me and a friend tried to watch the Force Awakens when it came out, but 1) Kylo Ren looked so stupid that we couldn't help laughing after he took off his mask and we could not take him seriously and 2) the bad guys destroying the entire loving Republic offscreen in one second killed any possible interest in the stakes of the movie. Oh good, the good guys are now left fighting hard to protect some dust in space, after they were completely defeated in seconds, and everything that everyone did in the original trilogy was basically pointless.

The fact that Star Wars is Disney's new cashcow drives me crazy. You can't escape it, everywhere you turn there's some new mediocre Star Wars IP staring you in the face.

e: the post above this one didn't exist while I was writing it lmao. I don't have a problem with Star Wars fans, I just think the franchise sucks.

Casey Finnigan fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 14, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Casey Finnigan posted:

I grew up with the prequels and hated them. The prequels were so dull and stupid that I have never developed any kind of appreciation for Star Wars. I pretty much resent the franchise at this point, because they will not stop making them and putting them out and going "aren't you nostalgic for this? Aren't you nostalgic? Aren't you? Aren't you?"

Me and a friend tried to watch the Force Awakens when it came out, but 1) Kylo Ren looked so stupid that we couldn't help laughing after he took off his mask and we could not take him seriously and 2) the bad guys destroying the entire loving Republic offscreen in one second killed any possible interest in the stakes of the movie. Oh good, the good guys are now left fighting hard to protect some dust in space, after they were completely defeated in seconds, and everything that everyone did in the original trilogy was basically pointless.

The fact that Star Wars is Disney's new cashcow drives me crazy. You can't escape it, everywhere you turn there's some new mediocre Star Wars IP staring you in the face.

i was about 8 when TPM came out, if i remember.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I gave the Mario Odyssey vid by that Joseph Anderson guy an honest shot since I thought the game was decent but not as good as people said so I thought maybe I'd enjoy it but what I was met with was like 2 hours of nonsensical points and garbage. He gets angry that the postgame Moons are just going back to the previous worlds to do new stuff, and then in another point of the video talks about how SMG2 is the best game ever because you can replay the game but as Luigi, doing the same stuff but with extra coin placement or whatever. I think he spends so long making his videos he completely forgets things he said and just contradicts himself constantly.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

watho posted:

they’ve spent an exhausting amount of time talking about how bad they think TLJ is in completely unrelated videos for about 2 years now

it’s just weird because it was the only starwars related thing released for such a long time that wasn’t like completely garbage or painfully mediocre

did this manifest as anything other than making fun of people who tried to deflect their criticisms of the movie with "but it subverts your expectations" because that's all i remember seeing them do in other videos

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Jimbot posted:

Yeah. I generally think his stuff is "okay" but those two videos are some serious :psyduck: stuff. He has the most unhealthy view of what a reviewer and a review is.

"I can't formulate an opinion on this game unless I do 100% of everything or else I won't see the complete picture."

The Breath of the Wild and Odyssey videos are critiques, not reviews. If it were a review, it would be a lot shorter and say that Breath of the Wild is the best (or second best, I can't remember) game he played in 2017. He formed his opinions on his first playthrough, where he was just trying to play the game as intended and not get everything.

Him devoting time to a second playthough allowed him to explain a lot of things that bothered me when I was playing the game, like breaking down why combat fell apart the further I got from the tutorial or why the shrines varied so wildly in quality.

Can't defend the guy on Silent Hill though

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
If you want to watch people talking about video games for ridiculously long amounts of time I like Noah Caldwell-Gervais. He's just a dude who drives around the American Southwest a lot and plays video games. I can't say I've ever heard an argument from him that I thought was stupid and he's gotten me to check out games like Dying Light that I ended up liking a lot.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Casey Finnigan posted:

If you want to watch people talking about video games for ridiculously long amounts of time I like Noah Caldwell-Gervais. He's just a dude who drives around the American Southwest a lot and plays video games. I can't say I've ever heard an argument from him that I thought was stupid and he's gotten me to check out games like Dying Light that I ended up liking a lot.

yeah. i love his stuff because he always finds stuff to reflect on and plenty of self reflection too. its not all about mechanics and media trope critiques. its alot more cozy i guess.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Casey Finnigan posted:

Yeah the only game he's covered that I didn't like was Red Dead Redemption 2 (the gameplay feels actively player hostile, imo) and yet I loved his critique of it since he both points this out and talks about how the game does absolutely nail the atmosphere and tone it's going for.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

joseph anderson is one of the dumbest motherfuckers on youtube and it boggles me that anyone gives a hot flying fuckin poo poo about anything he says anout anything ever

Any game that I've played and I watched the review/"critique" for he was correct about. Maybe I missed the bad stuff. Haven't watched him in a long time.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 14, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah the only game he's covered that I didn't like was Red Dead Redemption 2 (the gameplay feels actively player hostile, imo) and yet I loved his critique of it since he both points this out and talks about how the game does absolutely nail the atmosphere and tone it's going for.

he actually talks about that feeling and how once you realize what the game is going for, it kinda clicks. RDR2 is my GOTY and kinda still is. i can see why people bounce off of it though because i bounced off Death stranding hard for similar reasons.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 14, 2019

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
It's funny because I finished Death Stranding and enjoyed the gameplay of it despite how tedious it can get. It just has a really good addictive gameplay loop if it clicks for you.

Meanwhile, 3-4 hours in and RDR2 mostly just pissed me off. I LOVE what I've seen of the story, but the insanely tightly scripted missions plus the overdone babysitting of the survival/sim elements soured me to the point I'm probably never going back to it.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

RDR2 is very in every single aspect except being a fun game to play moment to moment. Which is unfortunately what you spend most of the game doing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

It's funny because I finished Death Stranding and enjoyed the gameplay of it despite how tedious it can get. It just has a really good addictive gameplay loop if it clicks for you.

Meanwhile, 3-4 hours in and RDR2 mostly just pissed me off. I LOVE what I've seen of the story, but the insanely tightly scripted missions plus the overdone babysitting of the survival/sim elements soured me to the point I'm probably never going back to it.

see, i found the sim stuff so much worse in DE than rdr2. most of RDR 2 stuff is ignorable as long as you buy food and poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

RDR2 is very in every single aspect except being a fun game to play moment to moment. Which is unfortunately what you spend most of the game doing.

its fun enough if you realize you play more um "ruthlessly", its also fun exploring.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

somekindofguy posted:

So any of you other internet critic scumfucks want to confess your sins while you're here? Or should I just assume everyone who came into contact with CA is garbage? Including the other posters in this thread.

Sinners, all of you.

Uh... Did something happen today? I've been at work so I don't know what new eDrama has unfolded.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Something to do with the lisping piano guy if I read the posts right.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mokinokaro posted:

And as mentioned before he was able to be super deep about Clive Barker's Jericho, which is a game that actively impedes your fun at every turn (which I find Rockstar games also do, but they have more polish and radio stations).

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Max Wilco posted:

Uh... Did something happen today? I've been at work so I don't know what new eDrama has unfolded.

E-drama itself has been canceled now. There is now only zombo.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Rockit posted:

E-drama itself has been canceled now. There is now only zombo.

get with the times

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wait they had to reshoot a huge amount of Suicide Squad? This is the first I'm hearing that they decided they wanted to use the original villain later so they had to redo it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Casey Finnigan posted:

His Atomic Pilgrimage two parter with the Fallout locations is hands down the best video I ever watched on his channel. To anyone who hasn't checked out that travelogue yet, do so immediately.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Explanation?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
There's a new AVGN episode on...Majora's Mask?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

His Atomic Pilgrimage two parter with the Fallout locations is hands down the best video I ever watched on his channel. To anyone who hasn't checked out that travelogue yet, do so immediately.

Seconding this. It's a pretty incredible video essay on real life places that exist in Fallout (or definitely inspired it.)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dapper_Swindler posted:

this. Marvel worked because it was different enough from each other and it was built up over 10 years and it worked well enough. i am just happy skywalker saga will be done(for now) because i like stuff like the mandalorian and the low key fun tv shows and stuff. it has filled at the state of the univese so much better than the movies have.

The Mandalorian feels like Disney gave a budget to some of the fan-film makers, and I say that as a big complement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89sOyZdtVA0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByRKF1INOcU

They're so loving good.