Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
When I was a little boy my very lispy gay grandfather gave me, in front of my whole Mother's side of the family, a pair of battery operated boys underwear with a Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer with a big red light up nose at the crotch part. When the button was pressed it would play the Rudolph Christmas jingle while the nose flashed.

I chuckled to myself. This is clearly a gag gift. Imagine my shock and horror when my family actually expected little ol me to model this monstrosity. And I did. They accused me of being rude if I didn't show gratitude for my gift. I paraded myself around my whole family with my blinky crotch.

It was the second most flamboyant Christmas I ever had.

What about you, goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

That's so hosed up

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Sid Vicious posted:

That's so hosed up

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Do u still have them can u mail them to me

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Found vid of the OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ryaEWIMuY

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Grandma got me a genesis instead of super nintendo

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I got finger paints when I was 12 because my much older cousins knew I liked art.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
My brother gave me 6 used computer fans. Not for christmas but as a wedding present to my wife and I. He is rather uncouth.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

When I was in the equivalent of junior high school one of my classmates gave me the mag Heavy Metal, which had an elf or something in a skimpy rear end-showing outfit on the back. Thanks man, appreciate looking like a giant dork and also pervert in front of my extended family.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Sid Vicious posted:

That's so hosed up

Jokes on them, my family is all dead lol!!

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
Classmate's brother asked for Bully on PS2 and their dear family got him The Ant Bully (on PS2)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ANUSTART posted:

Classmate's brother asked for Bully on PS2 and their dear family got him The Ant Bully (on PS2)

Lol

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

one time my grandma bought me a radio walkman that had a mono headphone. it was cool and unexpected but i lost it somewheres in my parents house

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Me and my brother each got this shirt from Grandma one year

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

you broke my grill posted:

Chrs posted:

You two appear to have got lost on the way to the "My Grandmother loving Rules" thread.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

every year I would get big, beautiful lump of the finest coal for christmas, until one year for some dumbass reason I got a video console called "gayboy" or something. Screw you mom, I want my coal

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
My grandma gave me a fancy metal pen, it was like a Parker I think. I was maybe 12. I never used it, it just sat in its fancy box. I’m not sure why a 12 year old needs an executive pen, I liked to draw and it was useless for that.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when I was a kid my mom got me my little brother for my birthday.

maybe not the worst or most embarrassing and certainly not unexpected, but certainly the most expensive to maintain

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A minecraft pickaxe.

I was 25.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
A sweater with a big American flag on the chest when i was 11 or 12. This did not happen in America.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I asked my in-laws for a gift card that I could use to buy new clothes for the job I was starting in January. They bought me a power shovel instead.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
When I was 12 my grandparents got me an emergency auto escape hammer.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Straight White Shark posted:

When I was 12 my grandparents got me an emergency auto escape hammer.

Never too young for a little smash and grab

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I got a Live Nudes neon sign from my uncle.

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?
When I was 12 I got axe deodorant from my grand parents. I was too embarrassed to show what I got for the whole family. I guess I smelled bad maybe?

Another Christmas my grand mother gave me a hideous porcelain hand, thanks!

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

you broke my grill posted:

My grandpa gave me megabloks instead of legos

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

azurite posted:

I got a Live Nudes neon sign from my uncle.

uhhh that's amazing

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

When i was 12 or so, my aunt knew i liked Star Wars and she got me a terrible episode I themed book + tape sing-along / learn to read thing clearly intended for 6 year olds

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chrs posted:

I've got stack of edgy Hot Topic shirts from the early 00s in the back of my closet somewhere, I wish I'd gotten that shirt instead.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

alnilam posted:

When i was 12 or so, my aunt knew i liked Star Wars and she got me a terrible episode I themed book + tape sing-along / learn to read thing clearly intended for 6 year olds

Holy poo poo yoy just reminded me that my grandparents got me a similar epiaode 1 themed book, but you could pay the company to put a kids name in there instead of kid vader, it was bad

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Christmas before I turned 18 my parents got me luggage.

Time to move out lol

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Wasn't me but a cousin is a golf course superintendent and nana got her a joke hat that said "Balls Deep" on it because it had a picture of a golf ball and had no idea what it meant

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Old people know, it's just that their ways of loving with us are so refined and layered that we mistake it for ignorance or senility

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
A used Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo DVD.

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis
At 14, with dyed hair, band t shirt, studded jacket etc, fully in my punk/goth phase; a set of Disney princess themes board games, so I "could start a family game night!"

At 15, a gift card for a gas station that they took back when they realized I didn't drive yet. And that was the only gift.

I quit going to family Christmas after that.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Ultra Carp

Sid Vicious posted:

That's so hosed up

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Eh

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
One of my family's favorite movies when I was a kid was "Captain Ron" and the stupid rich and extremely stupid family of the woman my grandfather was married to got us a VHS copy of Captain Ron, recorded off TV onto a several times used VHS. Like, what the gently caress lol

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
Rich people don't get rich buying new captain ron videotapes all willy nilly

You just reminded me. I think the PS2 was out by this point. I had a cokehead aunt who bought a PS1 game that was just called "boxing", no other info that I can recall except that the characters were all chibi style anime dudes. I've never been able to find the disc or anyone else online acknowledging it.

e: found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPBEcJKSrBw&t=1905s

Matryoshka SexDoll fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

When I was 16 my grandmother got me an almost full set of 30 year old thrift store golf clubs in a bag that had been mostly chewed apart by mice. I had never expressed any interest in golf and had absolutely no knowledge of how it was played, but due to this generous gift my parents forced me to attend tryouts for the school team that spring. I did not have any golf balls or even know what golf tees were. It was pretty embarrassing due to all the other kids knowing what they were doing, actually wanting to be there, and having equipment that didn't obviously belong in a dumpster. It turned out alright when the coach told me not to come back after the first day.