Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Monkey Fracas posted:

If anything I wish there were more delivery missions with weird restrictions- was excited when I first saw the Pizza Missions but they're really the only strange type apart from the heat and cold-sensitive deliveries.

They need a delivery mission where you must keep the cargo wet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

There's the one where you've got to keep everything cold.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

How many pizza missions are there total? I just did the champagne one, and I'm waiting until I build my road/zipline network in the mountains a little more thoroughly before trying the next one.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
5?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Death stranding 2 needs an inflatable raft for some whitewater rapid action

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Nevermind about my missing prepper it turns out I have all the stars and I thought I was missing one because of the camera angle

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So, I was out today and went to the model store nearby. I wanted to see if I could find one of those Frame Arms figures, since I thought the design was cool.

I found some Frame Arms Girls. Only the girls. None of the ones from the game, and the cheapest one at 70 bucks, with the most expensive at 110. In a store where they had a Master Grade Wing Zero Custom for about 65 (They go for about 145 on Amazon)

Just....dear lord, man. The thirst is real.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, I was out today and went to the model store nearby. I wanted to see if I could find one of those Frame Arms figures, since I thought the design was cool.

I found some Frame Arms Girls. Only the girls. None of the ones from the game, and the cheapest one at 70 bucks, with the most expensive at 110. In a store where they had a Master Grade Wing Zero Custom for about 65 (They go for about 145 on Amazon)

Just....dear lord, man. The thirst is real.

But I'm sure you'll get a bunch of likes for making that delivery. Just be careful not to drop it.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Just beat Chapter 9 and holy poo poo that whole sequence from Edge Knot City to the end of the chapter ruled so loving much.

What's with the floating jelly BTs that just explode when they get near you? They were freaky as hell.

I loved Higgs so much. He's such a great villain. Super self-aware and smug and the final fistfight with him just got to be kind of pathetic at the end.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I thought metal gear music was gonna start playing during that

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

what a thrill

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

(melancholy acoustic guitar playing)

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Playing through the game again it's funny how suddenly all the completely bonkers stuff now makes sense when you understand the context.

Also they paid a lot if attention to the difficulty curve. The game doesn't immediately overwhelm you with all the mechanics and slowly introduces stuff one by one at a steady pace.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Landans Fan finally found the last shelter to max out and who was it? The dorito pope himself gazing at me with his dead eyes. They should have just made him a BT

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/hekihou_/status/1205756257849597953?s=21

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
lol I forgot about that completely stupid delivery

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Oh, neat:

https://twitter.com/germanstrands/status/1205578400263548929?s=21

WISH I HAD THAT WHEN I WAS PLAYING

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I thought that's what the thing where you can shift your camera to the other side was for

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

god drat

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Macaluso posted:

I thought that's what the thing where you can shift your camera to the other side was for

Because Sam is right handed he aims with weapons held on the right side of his body. It feels better to have Sam on the left side of the screen because the gun is closer to the center of the screen, so it would be nice to have the odradeck visible from that position

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah I'd just drop everything in the early game in BT areas just so I could see.

Once you get speed skeleton though you can just sprint through a lot of them thankfully

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
I've only watched videos of this game being played and I really want a model/toy of the truck.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Finally getting around to playing this, any tips I should know going in? I know I shouldn't spend too much time in Chapter 2 since you unlock a bunch of stuff in Chapter 3 but what else?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RatHat posted:

Finally getting around to playing this, any tips I should know going in? I know I shouldn't spend too much time in Chapter 2 since you unlock a bunch of stuff in Chapter 3 but what else?

it took me an embarrassing amount of time to realize that you build connections with people by delivering stuff TO them, not FOR them. i mean some people want you to pick something and bring it back but you know, taking missions from someone you want to raise your level with isn't the way to get that done.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Amerigo...

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Just got to chapter six-
got my BB taken away :(
I was thinking of trying to do some of the optional missions to get more stuff and build more connections. Obviously for the moment I have no BB so I’ll probably play for a bit more before doing that but is there a specific point where i should be doing that more?

A couple of quick questions along the way-

1. During the boss fight outside mamas, I threw some blood grenades and damaged it a fair bit but then it seemed like I was throwing them and they were exploding right in front of me and making Sam cough and fall a bit. I don’t understand why. It seemed to not happen after a while but like a good like 5 grenades had this happen.

2. Why did mama die I am stupid

3. HOW DO I GET MORE LIKES GODDAMNIT

4. How do the auto pavers work. Should I try to place my own or should I just ferry materials to ones I see. And like does it just make a road go from lake knot down on that second map? My road goes down to just north of the distro centre and I don’t know where I should be adding materials to

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

RatHat posted:

Combat tips:

Equip the strand and hold it, when someone attacks you there's a L2 prompt for a parry. You can tie enemies from behind after a parry.

Later you can fire strands from a weapon, kick enemies that are tied to knock them out permanently.

You can hit people with a ladder.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

teacup posted:

4. How do the auto pavers work. Should I try to place my own or should I just ferry materials to ones I see. And like does it just make a road go from lake knot down on that second map? My road goes down to just north of the distro centre and I don’t know where I should be adding materials to

They're fixed position so you can only add materials to the ones you see. You can either raid MULE camps or claim materials from shelters/distro centers to get mass quantities. Almost best to wait until you unlock the truck to really start on em

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Monkey Fracas posted:

They're fixed position so you can only add materials to the ones you see. You can either raid MULE camps or claim materials from shelters/distro centers to get mass quantities. Almost best to wait until you unlock the truck to really start on em

Although to be fair MULE camps often if not always have a truck, so you can punk them and take their poo poo at any point really.

Adhesion
Sep 10, 2001

Next you gonna mention lifting up a nacho and seein' a big old terrified eye starin' at you

teacup posted:

I was thinking of trying to do some of the optional missions to get more stuff and build more connections. Obviously for the moment I have no BB so I’ll probably play for a bit more before doing that but is there a specific point where i should be doing that more?

2. Why did mama die I am stupid

3. HOW DO I GET MORE LIKES GODDAMNIT

Episode 8 is probably the best time to do side stuff.

I guess she "died" in the rubble and the connection to the baby kept her alive somehow? :shrug: It's a weird plot point that doesn't really make sense.

I've found you get an outrageous amount of likes for rebuilding roads, it doesn't get you much else aside from raising the bridge link stat but if you like seeing numbers go up...

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The MULE trucks suck though so it's still worth waiting for some good ones.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

teacup posted:

Just got to chapter six-

Hey just a quick tip for this specific circumstance - I haven't verified this elsewhere but it really seemed to me that the game reduced the amount of BTs during the time that I had no BB. I was able to go to the BT infested area just north of the Craftsman and had barely any interaction with them as a I collected various things from all over the whole area.. It kinda felt like cheating!

As for the auto-pavers, yeah those are fixed - you just have to kinda follow the trend on foot and scan with your odradek before they'll appear on your map. If you have not connected an area to the chiral network yet, it is sometimes beneficial to hold off on donating materials because once you connect to the network, other people's donations will appear in the auto-paver - up to and including being fully built.

And yeah, as others have mentioned in terms of trucks, they're very handy but the MULE trucks specifically have a very low cargo limit. There's a MULE camp in the western part of the central region that has a fuckton of ceramic but I got hosed the first time because I tried to use their truck instead of bringing my own

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I just beat this game yesterday and it's honestly one of the best games I've ever played. I totally 100% understand why some people don't like it and there are parts that are incredibly tedious (loving mountains) but overall the story is fantastic and the gameplay is so unique. Higgs is incredible and every fight with him was great.

After Ch.9 spoilers:
It did feel kind of rushed after you beat Higgs though. The veteran Cliff really felt like an afterthought where they were quickly wrapping his story up to tie up loose ends. I wish he had more of a role in the overall story like Higgs did so the big twist would feel more organic. The run along the beach was hilarious and I seriously was expecting a voice to come up saying "Dream on" like in Jacob's Ladder.

Ending Spoilers/Questions:
What I don't fully get is the reveal that the memories are Sam's and that he's the son of Cliff. It makes sense until you get to Lou. Who is Lou and why are you getting those memories when jacking into her? My current idea is that Lou is just a filler BB, they put her in the same pod to cover up the killing and failure of Sam/Cliff. That or the memories are actually Sam's memories and Lou is the one experiencing them and the Ludens keychain is just a coincidence (reinforced by the fact that the guy who gave it to you has a brother that has the same keychain and says they got it together or something). What was Amelie's actual end goal? She seemed extremely conflicted and basically just seemed like she was tired of waiting.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Cowman posted:

Ending Spoilers/Questions:
What I don't fully get is the reveal that the memories are Sam's and that he's the son of Cliff. It makes sense until you get to Lou. Who is Lou and why are you getting those memories when jacking into her? My current idea is that Lou is just a filler BB, they put her in the same pod to cover up the killing and failure of Sam/Cliff. That or the memories are actually Sam's memories and Lou is the one experiencing them and the Ludens keychain is just a coincidence (reinforced by the fact that the guy who gave it to you has a brother that has the same keychain and says they got it together or something). What was Amelie's actual end goal? She seemed extremely conflicted and basically just seemed like she was tired of waiting.

Who Lou is is irrelevant. She's just some random BB. They keychain is indeed just a coincidence. The flashbacks are just a weird side effect to plugging into the BB, so you and Sam assume the memories are Lou's. Lou isn't really special in anyway aside from how Sam views her. Amelie, being the EE, wanted to just get the extinction over with because she knew it was inevitable. Usually the EEs have been like, a dumb caveman or an animal that can't really think about these things, but this time it was a modern day human so you had a situation where the EE knew that eventually the extinction would happen but she didn't want it to. So it got to a point where the inevitability of it caused her to want to just get it over with. Sam throws a wrench in all that and convinces her that life is worth not destroying for as long as humanity wants to fight for it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Amerigo... really

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Those Ludens keychains were included with the collector's edition of the hit 2019 video game Death Stranding, so it makes sense that they're fairly common, you see.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Enjoying the hell out of this game but I’ve hit the part that stops me in every game. The boss fight with some extra requirement that I’m no good at.

The Doomwhale fight, have to keep the Cryptobiote shipment >50% damage. No replicators, so no container repair spray, accelerated timefall damage, and I keep getting hit with some gold bullshit from behind during the fight knocking me down. Finished the fight, keep finding my shipment destroyed. Last try it was 55% damaged goddamnit.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

CaptainCrunch posted:

Enjoying the hell out of this game but I’ve hit the part that stops me in every game. The boss fight with some extra requirement that I’m no good at.

The Doomwhale fight, have to keep the Cryptobiote shipment >50% damage. No replicators, so no container repair spray, accelerated timefall damage, and I keep getting hit with some gold bullshit from behind during the fight knocking me down. Finished the fight, keep finding my shipment destroyed. Last try it was 55% damaged goddamnit.

You do? I assumed you just lost likes unless the cargo was completely destroyed.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I finished that mission with the container completely destroyed and the cargo itself at like 80% damage I think, it might affect your ranking for that particular mission but it's absolutely possible to finish it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

DalaranJ posted:

You do? I assumed you just lost likes unless the cargo was completely destroyed.

Yep, this is the case, you can still turn it in but you just won't get that S rank. I restarted that last mission once too because I thought the same thing, but on my second try I got all the way to the end before the boss knocked me down and brought it over 50% and I realized it hadn't actually failed the mission so I turned it in anyway.