Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

ATP_Power posted:

Why does Avasarala show up in the flight logs for trips to L2 St. James?

Solomon Epstien didn't kill himself, it was a false flag by the deep state! :tinfoil:

Svaha fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Season 4 was great. Made my eyes itch a lot though.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

If I buy the soundtracks on Amazon can I download without DRM? I want to get them but I want mp3s with no bullshit.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Grand Fromage posted:

If I buy the soundtracks on Amazon can I download without DRM? I want to get them but I want mp3s with no bullshit.

Amazon Music lets you download MP3s.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Phenotype posted:

Has Burn Gorman ever not played an rear end in a top hat?

His breakout role in Bleak House, as Mr. Guppy. He's a very sweet loser.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Cojawfee posted:

Amazon Music lets you download MP3s.

Cool. I never bought anything from them so wanted to check before I did.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
No one gonna talk about the Roci getting a sweet new animated screensaver on its displays ?

40s bomber "bombshell" style no less..

Is this where the Amazon money went ?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mfny posted:

No one gonna talk about the Roci getting a sweet new animated screensaver on its displays ?

Amos has taken up photoshop

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

mfny posted:

That nose art was on the ship in the previous season(s).

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Also legit let out a "hah" at the "are we still loving ?" line. Oh Amos :pervert:

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Only on Episode 2, but this is the best part so far:

~~investigatory synth music~~

PopetasticPerson
Jun 18, 2006

evilbastard posted:

Her PDA really knows her well - look at the Autocorrect options.

The attention to detail here is stunning and wonderful.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/i/status/1205547936618340354

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm on ep 7, loving it so far. Quick worldbuilding question: in the intro montage there's a sequence of the Amazon on Earth being filled up with settlements, then a huge nuke goes off and all of them go dark. Is there any elaboration on this anywhere?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

McSpanky posted:

I'm on ep 7, loving it so far. Quick worldbuilding question: in the intro montage there's a sequence of the Amazon on Earth being filled up with settlements, then a huge nuke goes off and all of them go dark. Is there any elaboration on this anywhere?

Season 3 episode 3 :) Spoiler recap: https://expanse.fandom.com/wiki/Assured_Destruction

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

McSpanky posted:

*edit* covered above

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Curse this show for consuming my entire day.

Wow what a loving great season. I'm amazed how they turned the worst book into such greatness. I can't wait to see what they can do with the later books that have even better material.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
any gifs of the Amos eyes?

and zero G baby.

gohmak fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Dec 14, 2019

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I found the book to be super boring so kudos for this season not to be that. I enjoyed the show for what it was but I wish it had the same fast pace from the previous seasons but, yes, I understand this wasn't the show's fault and that it actually did its best to mitigate it.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With that said I normally would have hated all the secondary subplots but I love the cast so much that even if I wanted the pace or the plot to pick up every moment with every single character was a joy.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ahhh yeah, thanks mang.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Snowman Crossing posted:

The woman running against Avasarala in the election is an apallingly bad actress and it is brutal to listen to her juxtaposed against the exquisite SHOHREH AGHDASHLOO

Yeah I remembered her from Altered Carbon and it's unfortunate that she hasn't gotten any better at acting.

Frankie Adams, on the other hand, has improved tremendously.

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

gohmak posted:

any gifs of the Amos eyes?

and zero G baby.

None of the baby yet, but there was something on page 3

bou posted:

Quick and dirty GIFs from the :siren:FINAL EPISODE:siren: - click at your own risk!

https://imgur.com/GERgV2A/

https://imgur.com/Ylirbt3

Svaha fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Dec 14, 2019

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I love seeing my cheap Ikea office chair on TV and this time it's the Mars police chilling in their Markuses.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

But they would have had to recast that character and it would have sucked

didnt they recast Avasaralas husband in S4? I could swear it was a different actor back then too

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teron D Amun posted:

didnt they recast Avasaralas husband in S4? I could swear it was a different actor back then too

Yeah but that wa s a bit part.The other one was a whole thing

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Overall I liked this season, but it felt like five episodes stretched to fill ten, it didn't seem like a lot actually happened other than to set up events that will take place the new few seasons.

Question about Mars: Did we find out why so many people are suddenly looking for work?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Oasx posted:

Question about Mars: Did we find out why so many people are suddenly looking for work?

with the war over they're downsizing their military

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just finished the rest of the season. God drat is this show good. I really want more but I guess I can just binge through it all again. This show is so good that I can just keep watching it. There were some great gut punches like Amos being forced to kill his girlfriend, but they didn't feel all that bad because I've been watching For All Mankind and that show really starts kicking your dick in the second half of the season.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
complete season spoilers: definitely what i've enjoyed most from this season and the last is the ultra insane bullshit (in a good way) that the protomolecule can pull out, like loving with gravity, velocity, or fusion. all the investigator/real miller scenes were my absolute favorites and i'm very sad that it is over. rip miller, again :unsmith: i am 100% more interested in the protomolecule investigation compared to the main story, but the main story is good too. humans are just too boring compared to the Physics-Bending level of advancement that they have only barely scratched the surface of

while the tension planetside was fun, i felt it was dragged on too long and it got tired by the end. bobbie's descent into a life of Crime was interesting only to see how mars is dead as gently caress. also with how the season finale seemed like it was setting up the show to really ramp up the belter vs inner war, definitely seeing mars being sold for profit to make the belters a massively powerful force to be reckoned with vs an earth which will never really change too much. with how Space War makes it frighteningly simple to commit planetcide, i'm looking forward to the hell scape that awaits in season 5.

also i love amos

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dreylad posted:

Frankie Adams, on the other hand, has improved tremendously.

I'd let her to break my neck and use me as a bodyshield

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
This season was drat near perfect, but I can't really say why I think that until loving Season 5. They did something incredibly cool with how they structured the plot that mirrors something the books did, but adapted it to make it work better in a visual format. drat, that was a good season.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Binged s4 all in one sitting. Some of the planet stuff dragged but overall I loved it.

For those of you who know, you say this is act 1 of a new story arc. Can you give me some details? If it’s just Earth vs the rest I feel like it loses some of the sci-fi appeal. Feel free to PM me if you think it’s too much book discussion for this thread.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Can you give me some details?
It's one of those vacations where everything goes to poo poo and you wish you had stayed at home and relaxed instead.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I still can't believe they included the slugs.

Bert Roberge fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Dec 14, 2019

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Phi230 posted:

Lol "I'm doing my part!" On Martian adverts

I'm only on episode two, but I did a double-take on the "Would you like to know more?" link on the Earth news story.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Josh Lyman posted:

Binged s4 all in one sitting. Some of the planet stuff dragged but overall I loved it.

For those of you who know, you say this is act 1 of a new story arc. Can you give me some details? If it’s just Earth vs the rest I feel like it loses some of the sci-fi appeal. Feel free to PM me if you think it’s too much book discussion for this thread.

It constitutes one of the biggest plot spoilers in the whole series, so, I wouldn't even try to get any details in thread. Season 5 is going to be mental.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Anonymous Zebra posted:

This season was drat near perfect, but I can't really say why I think that until loving Season 5. They did something incredibly cool with how they structured the plot that mirrors something the books did, but adapted it to make it work better in a visual format. drat, that was a good season.

Even the show creators admitted they like working on the show since it gave them a "do over opportunity" to fix what they felt were weaknesses in the books.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Class Warcraft posted:

Only on Episode 2, but this is the best part so far:

~~investigatory synth music~~

I almost burst out laughing at the ~~dark music~~ subtitle in the first episode when Holden is giving Naomi her shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Did the book carry such overt Bible references?