Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
everyone losing their poo poo over the obvious moment, but it was funny as hell when Bomb abruptly asked for a time out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Reze is great. I also love how the VIOLENCE devil is one of the most mindful people in the manga so far.
Always careful and thinking of others.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

That's cause he's always high as a kite. When they said they use poison to constantly weaken the violence devil, you know they really meant all the drugs.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

Million Ghosts posted:

everyone losing their poo poo over the obvious moment, but it was funny as hell when Bomb abruptly asked for a time out

As hilarious as those two scenes were, I really enjoyed the part where Angel comforts the dying civilian. Earlier he said something about how he was a Devil first and Angel second, thus believing humans should suffer before dying, and seeing him kiss the dying person's hand felt really sweet and contradictory (in a satisfying way).

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This chapter did something weird with the devilman powers.
I can get Reze flying around, explosions will move your body. The spiderman chainsaw I can suspend my disbelief easy enough.
But Katana guy apparently teleported by Iai...like how does that work? Does he wield himself? :psyduck:
I just assumed the dude was well trained and smart and thus was able to move very very fast.

Official translation reads like the translator enjoyed the chapter as well.

Man I can't wait for next chapter. :suspense:

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

Darth TNT posted:

But Katana guy apparently teleported by Iai...like how does that work? Does he wield himself? :psyduck:
I just assumed the dude was well trained and smart and thus was able to move very very fast.

It's just based on the anime trope of "iai" being "someone sheathing their weapon, standing still, then slashing while teleporting 10 meters having cut everything in front of them". Considering devil powers are based on the collective unconscious of society, I can suspend my disbelief for a Katana Devil being able to do a Katana Trick. Plus, even Denji finds a problem with that, because he thinks it's overpowered!

In my book it's on the same level as Eternity/Infinity being able to trap people in a time-locked bubble that's a 1:1 recreation of a single hotel floor. Devils just do crazy poo poo, cuz devils.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Person: Should I read Chainsaw man?
Chainsaw Man:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Beam agreeing that Dennis is correct towards the end was great

This is still an Aki make our account though. Characters fighting with a two second prediction ability always owns so much

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

This Week, on Chainsaw Man posted:

第50話 シャークネード

The scanlators over at MS just had to hold themselves back for one week. We're actually getting Sharknado as a chapter title.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Chainsaw man ftw

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It's a Sharknado!

This is insane. :suspense:

And I'm not sure Denji is really ready to kill Reze.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

It's a Sharknado!

Well, it is Denji. His ability to just get over things is outright disturbing.

And, as we've learned before, half devils take a lot of killing. Much easier to bring them in alive after a few rounds of maiming.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Poor Aki though.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I wasn't sure how to take the two months. Is that from his natural lifespan, or what he has left? The latter doesn't make much sense, but the former has the dramatic tension of a wet fart.

I like the little interactions in CSM. The characters have a pleasant natural feeling to them. The Violence Fiend (woop woop) being totally level headed is nice.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's the latter because it reinforces Aki is just continuously shaving his life away.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
Beam :ohdear:

The worst part about CSM getting animated someday is that it might be 1 cour only and we won't get to this fight.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Spiderdrake posted:

I wasn't sure how to take the two months. Is that from his natural lifespan, or what he has left? The latter doesn't make much sense, but the former has the dramatic tension of a wet fart.

I like the little interactions in CSM. The characters have a pleasant natural feeling to them. The Violence Fiend (woop woop) being totally level headed is nice.

Latter.

Whatever mechanism the Curse Demon uses to take life, the Angel Demon does the same thing. So, Aki just lost 2 months of his remaining 24.

Meanwhile, Denji's too stupid to die.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Violence Devil is the best.

Poor aki.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Cuntellectual posted:

Violence Devil is the best.

Poor aki.

he's going to gently caress

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Darth TNT posted:

It's a Sharknado!

He just killed a baby. What isn't Denji ready to kill?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

chiasaur11 posted:

Latter.

Whatever mechanism the Curse Demon uses to take life, the Angel Demon does the same thing. So, Aki just lost 2 months of his remaining 24.

Phrasing this is super weird since we're talking about predestination but I mean the former IS the 24. What future implied (in my reading) is he had some horrific fate coming up before that. Unless we're meant to take the reduction in lifespan as advancing his fate but that, like I said, kinda stops making sense.

Also I just realized Beam swallowed Denji mid-air to protect him.

How the gently caress does the author manga to make a devil living in the corpse of a human that is the embodiment of the fear of sharks an endearing character?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

It's because beam is a pure boy that did nothing wrong

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

boredsatellite posted:

It's because beam is a pure boy that did nothing wrong

Just like real sharks.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
reminder that sharks are basically enormous underwater puppies that are super curious about everything and unfortunately interact with most things by biting them with their many very sharp teeth

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
leave it to Chainsawman to have fuckin emotional catharsis slot in nicely to a shark and an idiot murdering a weird baby

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
This is also the manga where the most reasonable, practical minded character is a human corpse combined with the incarnation of humanity's fear of violence.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if anything happens to beam i will blow up the earth

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Latter.

Didn't they say that Aki's cursed sword was one of the ones created by the Angel Demon? COuld be misrememebring, really need to reread.

Another perfect Aki chapter, glad to know he will live longand happily namaste

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

EmmyOk posted:

Didn't they say that Aki's cursed sword was one of the ones created by the Angel Demon? COuld be misrememebring, really need to reread.

Another perfect Aki chapter, glad to know he will live longand happily namaste

No it’s made by the Curse Demon. He specifically asks it how much time he has left after he uses it

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
Chapter's out.

"You taught me to say BIG rear end, doesn't that MEAN something?"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I enjoy the trend of my favourite idiot son Denji continuously finding ways to outwit his foes.

Also, i'm glad Reze didn't die. Bomb should be a cool reoccurring villain.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I enjoy the trend of my favourite idiot son Denji continuously finding ways to outwit his foes.

Also, i'm glad Reze didn't die. Bomb should be a cool reoccurring villain.

I'm not even sure she's going to be a recurring villain. Like, at this point, she and Denji are in a very odd spot, and even if Denji doesn't ditch with her, (Unlikely, but with Fujimoto you never know...) it's not a guarantee that she'd be on the opposite side. After all, she just left Chainsaw behind despite him being her target. She's probably not going to be on the best terms with her handlers.

And on Denji's end, there's Makima. Who I do not feel confident in predicting.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
God, Denji is just so loving stupid, and I love him

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
you..... didn't think i actually liked you???

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Denji is quite the ladies man

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Aki and Denji neck and neck for purest boys. Also about Aki's weapon this is what I was thinking of

Is there a different chapter where they talk about aki's weapon coming from a different demon? This could just be a new sword then hence my mistkae

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Aki showed up to kill Zombies with a new Katana. I assume that is the Angel Devil's weapon.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That makes sense. I’d figured they meant his old sword at the time.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Chapter Scans out

Going somewhere, Denji?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:sigh: