Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I was playing against someone who had leveled the Mk2 a lot and they were destroying everyone.

Also I’m leveling the M4 and everyone is right. Should have just Main’d this gun from day 1. I have a long barrel on it and now it’s just a laser from long distance. It’s ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Finally got around to trying some ground war. It was hot dogshit and I hope to god there aren't any more challenges that involve it. Nothing like being sniped from a dozen angles while 20 aerial killstreaks blast your eardrums. And then as you're finally starting to get a groove and find what works, the match is over.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

is there some cheese method to doing the Paladin spec ops? every pick-up team I've joined we cruise to the second crate in the warehouse and get mulched by the horde of enemies every time.

tjones
May 13, 2005

kecske posted:

is there some cheese method to doing the Paladin spec ops? every pick-up team I've joined we cruise to the second crate in the warehouse and get mulched by the horde of enemies every time.

Run the perk that generates ammo/grenade/armor boxes on kill chains. Have each of your dudes buy 2 sentry guns each. Save the guns until the APC makes it to the parking lot. I'd recommend at least 2 guys run shield classes to act as respawn beacons.

Place down at least one sentry during the parking lot objective near the box looking towards the warehouse. Place down at least two sentries during the second warehouse objective. Use the rest during the final objective.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

p90 / no scope / FMJ / tac barrel mod / +ads poo poo + tac laser

solid AF on HC, you can get range on 85% of engagements and good for kill streaks too

been running that to accompany the pistol im leveling

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I’ve started giving up some ADS speed in favor of hip fire accuracy where I can on smgs and A++++ would recommend.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Statutory Ape posted:

p90 / no scope / FMJ / tac barrel mod / +ads poo poo + tac laser

solid AF on HC, you can get range on 85% of engagements and good for kill streaks too

been running that to accompany the pistol im leveling

I'm almost done leveling the P90. It's done me well in core and HC. Can get a kill straight across Picadilly with the extended barrell in HC.

Now apparently that I'm switching from a mediocre gun to the MP5 I'll see if my game improves.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So I got to play last night for a few matches and I don’t know if it’s because of matchmaking but I’m way better then I thought I would be. Finished top 3 in every match I played. Game is fun and the shooting feels real good.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Romes128 posted:

I'm almost done leveling the P90. It's done me well in core and HC. Can get a kill straight across Picadilly with the extended barrell in HC.

Now apparently that I'm switching from a mediocre gun to the MP5 I'll see if my game improves.

I like mp5 a lot as well as mp7

P90 is just neat imo, I think the style suits my play idk

Also sg1

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm sure if I unbound Sprint my kd would shoot up like Christopher Moltisanti.

Also pretty cool the last few times I've queued up for HC I only ever get shoot house now

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Are you only queued in the hardcore shoothouse playlist lol

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

C'mon now. Of course as soon as I post that they put me in a rare ffa, on Piccadilly. FFA should be my favorite mode instead it's the most agonizing camp fest in the whole game. It's basically metal Gear solid mp

E: if you go into your combat record and sort by game mode, capture the flag is there :D

codo27 fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 14, 2019

tjones
May 13, 2005

codo27 posted:

C'mon now. Of course as soon as I post that they put me in a rare ffa, on Piccadilly. FFA should be my favorite mode instead it's the most agonizing camp fest in the whole game. It's basically metal Gear solid mp

E: if you go into your combat record and sort by game mode, capture the flag is there :D

And hardpoint isn't. The records menu is an afterthought.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Statutory Ape posted:

I like mp5 a lot as well as mp7

P90 is just neat imo, I think the style suits my play idk

Also sg1

Stop talking about SG1, I miss that show. :(

Also, when it comes to SMG's the mp7 is the one I've used the most. I barely tried the P90, but its magazine size fits my spray and pray play style so I'm considering giving it a try. Any tips?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Apparently Trophy Systems can shoot down Cruise Missiles.

What horseshit.

EDIT: consolation prize, got gold on the Pila that match.

Then I found out that gold isn't the end of it. :suicide:

Strobe fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 14, 2019

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Actually I think it's really funny that cruise missiles are basically completely useless against such things as a shield and trophy

granted I don't run either of those platforms so I am absolutely the person that gets killed by the cruise missile every time

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
The trophy system takes down a drat cruise missile!?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Protocol7 posted:

The trophy system takes down a drat cruise missile!?

This shouldn't surprise anyone!

----

Saw my first nuke yesterday... in an Infection game.
One dude ended up with 39 kills at the end of it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The cruise missile is pathetic but the sentry gun doesn't get enough hate. What a worthless pile of poo poo that thing is.

It makes me laugh that Titanfall 2 had a sentry gun that was just a normal ability on a cooldown, and even in it's nerfed 10 times final form, it was still 5 times better than the Killstreak one in MW.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I got killed by somebody using the little manned turret thing today lol

Also God drat I just started using the m4 and man it's a lot better than the fal and oden

gently caress

I felt like Anakin

You know the scene.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

veni veni veni posted:

The cruise missile is pathetic but the sentry gun doesn't get enough hate. What a worthless pile of poo poo that thing is.

It makes me laugh that Titanfall 2 had a sentry gun that was just a normal ability on a cooldown, and even in it's nerfed 10 times final form, it was still 5 times better than the Killstreak one in MW.

Its bizarre as the sentry has been in pretty much every game but it swings between decent and dogshit

The cruise missile is a lot more situational than some others but still works well if people are distracted or clumped

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Cluster strike doesn't get enough love, especially for objective modes. It lasts absolutely forever.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Lemon-Lime posted:

Cluster strike doesn't get enough love, especially for objective modes. It lasts absolutely forever.

It reminds me of the cruise missile but since it’s fire and forget and lasts a few strikes it’s a lot better.

Cruise missile is a lovely cluster strike basically.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Well, just had my first full blown hackers. In the lobby I see not one, but two trolls, one named Kukluxklan and the other ImFuccinWhite. I report them just based on their names, but then a short while into the game its clear something is going on. We roll to like 120 points (HQ, despite it being deselected in my queue :D) but then like 3 of us die at once and though its HC so no kill cam, I can see a red dot on the map and theres no one there. From there it was very obvious we were being killed by invisible people, at one point there was what looked like a prox mine blinking on the ground but every time I got close to it someone was pistoling me to death, though I could hear or see nothing else, the mine never triggered. They almost tie, then we cap and I figure we're gonna win...and the map is nuked? Thats actually the first time the nuke happened to me in a game. And we lost, somehow. I guess once out of 1000 rounds or whatever I've played so far ain't bad. Not like Apex

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Can you knock out air support with a cluster strike? I like to hit VTOLs with the cruise missile, $4m well spent

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Thank you for the cross hair progression tips. I'm having trouble with playing cross-platform with friends on XBOX. I'm on PS4. I can play with one friend but his online status is stuck on some bs. And another xbox friend the invite to their activation or other console account keeps failing.

If I get battle pass does that and all my progression cross over if I double dip on PC?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Capn Beeb posted:

Can you knock out air support with a cluster strike? I like to hit VTOLs with the cruise missile, $4m well spent

Does the cruise missile one-hit a VTOL? I’ve never tried because I figured it wouldn’t work.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Does the cruise missile one-hit a VTOL? I’ve never tried because I figured it wouldn’t work.

Yes. All air killstreaks I've been able to hit have gone down in one.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah it does. You can just take them out as they're landing and not even have to worry about the hover phase.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Housh posted:

If I get battle pass does that and all my progression cross over if I double dip on PC?

Yes. I have it on PC and Xbone and everything is shared. You may have to link your Activision account to both (I already had mine linked, I don't actually know if that's what does it).

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Housh posted:

Thank you for the cross hair progression tips. I'm having trouble with playing cross-platform with friends on XBOX. I'm on PS4. I can play with one friend but his online status is stuck on some bs. And another xbox friend the invite to their activation or other console account keeps failing.

i own 2x copies, 1 on xb and 1 on pc and it is seemingly 100% exactly the same between the 2

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

drat i see why ppl use the m4 ..

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

codo27 posted:

Well, just had my first full blown hackers. In the lobby I see not one, but two trolls, one named Kukluxklan and the other ImFuccinWhite. I report them just based on their names, but then a short while into the game its clear something is going on. We roll to like 120 points (HQ, despite it being deselected in my queue :D) but then like 3 of us die at once and though its HC so no kill cam, I can see a red dot on the map and theres no one there. From there it was very obvious we were being killed by invisible people, at one point there was what looked like a prox mine blinking on the ground but every time I got close to it someone was pistoling me to death, though I could hear or see nothing else, the mine never triggered. They almost tie, then we cap and I figure we're gonna win...and the map is nuked? Thats actually the first time the nuke happened to me in a game. And we lost, somehow. I guess once out of 1000 rounds or whatever I've played so far ain't bad. Not like Apex

Was it shoot house? There's apparently a glitch that lets you get under the map.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Statutory Ape posted:

drat i see why ppl use the m4 ..

It's almost disgusting how much better I start doing once I switch back to it out of frustration with the other weapons.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

codo27 posted:

I player 3-4 rounds with a guy named Bugatti who was flagrantly aimbotting and wall hacking, which was pretty entertaining.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

sunday at work posted:

It's almost disgusting how much better I start doing once I switch back to it out of frustration with the other weapons.

yea so far ive only done that with the mp7, which i also do really well with but this is lol

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Did they change how voice chat works in this? I’m having way fewer people with hot mics compared to BLOPS 4. I miss all the Jerry Springer stuff I’d overhear.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/ijIO9NP.mp4

E: take HQ mode out of HC - thats final score. excruciating. half my team just quit 5 min ago lol

Worf fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 15, 2019

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I have way more luck with precision air strike than I do cluster. Might be because you can't be as quick with the binoculars as you can with the target designator the cluster strike has. So I think more about where I'm calling it in etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Crustashio posted:

Was it shoot house? There's apparently a glitch that lets you get under the map.

It was and they claimed to be glitching (still cheating), but I thought that was preposterous based on what I was seeing