Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Heathcliff knows what's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Last time they played Vegas was a total loving shitshow for me and I'd like a do-over, but I'll probably be in a financial mess after doing Mr. Bungle in February. :smith:

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I can't believe I'm going to miss Bungle. I had a chance to see them in 1996 (on mushrooms!) but for some idiotic reason I did not go. I think I've been into Mr. Bungle even longer than I've been into Ween (though not by much).

Maybe if this limited tour makes them good money they'll expand to some other cities.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

me your dad posted:

I can't believe I'm going to miss Bungle. I had a chance to see them in 1996 (on mushrooms!) but for some idiotic reason I did not go. I think I've been into Mr. Bungle even longer than I've been into Ween (though not by much).

Maybe if this limited tour makes them good money they'll expand to some other cities.

Yeah I'm super jealous about Bungle. I saw the California tour in 1999 at the Ranch Bowl (RIP) and it was one of the best shows of my life.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Enos Cabell posted:

Yeah I'm super jealous about Bungle. I saw the California tour in 1999 at the Ranch Bowl (RIP) and it was one of the best shows of my life.
The closest Bungle got to me on the California tour was on the Sno-Core festival and I straight up decided to skip it because I didn't want to go to a festival and this is absolutely me making up for poor life decisions.

My best friends are gonna skip out on Bungle to hit up these Vegas shows. I think they're out of their loving minds.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

pwn posted:

Also DD never put that print up for sale :cry:
Today's your lucky day my dude, both prints are now up for grabs: https://desertdaze.shop.redstarmerch.com/store

Here's the second one they did for the show:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 15, 2019

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
More dates! Looks like 2020 is going strong. Here's to hoping for another Milwaukee/Chicago run!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I need some PNW Summer dates. :argh:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I wonder if Australia is too much to ask for in 2020 ... 2008 feels so long ago

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Ween was good tonight. Deaner shreds.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

great show but they really needed to book a bigger venue. It was crazy crowded and that line really sucked. really dug the jam tho. Deaner does indeed loving shred.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

The Philly poster is really good.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If I had to go with one, Argus is probably my favorite Ween album cut, though if we're talkin' live, I'd probably go with Springtheme.

That's because Argus has been cut from eight out of eleven Ween shows I've been to. :suicide:

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Agreed. And that line at the top of the poster is my favorite from the song, too. That whole brief section is something. My friend is at the Philly show with his son right now. I hope they get to hear it.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

me your dad posted:

Agreed. And that line at the top of the poster is my favorite from the song, too. That whole brief section is something. My friend is at the Philly show with his son right now. I hope they get to hear it.

Spoiler: They did

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Holy poo poo, they pulled out Prince's "Kiss," in the middle of Voodoo Lady, too.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

caligulamprey posted:

Holy poo poo, they pulled out Prince's "Kiss," in the middle of Voodoo Lady, too.

That was super fun to hear--the rest of this weekend's setlist has been pretty vanilla

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww, this is absolutely not my scene.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I can’t believe moe is still around and that they’re still big enough to headline.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

BigFactory posted:

I can’t believe moe is still around and that they’re still big enough to headline.
I'm not a fan of moe., but I am a fan of Moe!.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

I'm not a fan of moe., but I am a fan of Moe!.

Same.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww, this is absolutely not my scene.

Gene, 2003, reprinted in 33 1/3: Chocolate and Cheese posted:

What happened was that Phish started playing our songs, which was cool. Then we played the Bonnaroo thing, which was totally hippied out. Then our booking agent kind of took that flag and started running with it. Now in a way, money is money, and if it's going to increase our audience, that's fine. But the last hippie-fest we did, which was the Adirondack Festival -- that was it. Never, ever doing one of those again. I had to listen to this loving jam band for three hours in the rain, waiting to go on. I was like, "Just kill me." I can't take any more white boys noodling around on their guitars.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I wonder how many jamband cretins are fond of the first two albums.

Aside from Ween, I don't think I've heard a single song from any other band on the lineup, except part of a Ween cover by Umphrey's Mcgee (I loving hate that band name so much).

me your dad fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 20, 2019

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
There's always money in the jambanda stand

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Umphrey's McGee was the headlining band for NEARfest 2011, which ended up being canceled after no one bought tickets, because the headlining band was Umphrey's McGee.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Rollersnake posted:

Umphrey's McGee was the headlining band for NEARfest 2011, which ended up being canceled after no one bought tickets, because the headlining band was Umphrey's McGee.

They’re almost pretty good but they screw it up somehow and I can’t quite figure out why. I guess it’s probably the butt rock guitars and bad singing and tuneless songs.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 20, 2019

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

me your dad posted:

Umphrey's Mcgee (I loving hate that band name so much).
I always thought they were called just Umphrey McGee until I saw this poster and somehow the possessive made me three times as angry as I already was.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

A person I used to work with was really into STS9 (yes, that's what that one logo says, wikipedia tells me it's short for "Sound Tribe Sector 9") and I've never actually listened to them. I'm trying to figure out if it's going to be generic and ignorable or completely batshit and ear-destroying without having to actually listen to them.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

hexwren posted:

A person I used to work with was really into STS9 (yes, that's what that one logo says, wikipedia tells me it's short for "Sound Tribe Sector 9") and I've never actually listened to them. I'm trying to figure out if it's going to be generic and ignorable or completely batshit and ear-destroying without having to actually listen to them.

I saw them once. It’s that kinda jam band edm that was popular for a minute in the aughts. They’re bad.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Really hoping I can make this work, Ween plus my second favorite brewer.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Oooooooh yeah, that's the stuff right there.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

caligulamprey posted:

Oooooooh yeah, that's the stuff right there.

oh poo poo! thank you for this, i totally missed the announcement they were swinging through my town again!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I really need to see Ween on the 4th of July. With all sorts of crazy fireworks and poo poo.

Please let this actually still happen.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ04mZXfpLw

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

:hmmyes:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, what could have been. :smith:

Apparently Jeff Soto is putting these up for sale tomorrow morning if you wanna start a collection of Ween Shows that Never Happened. You'll also be needing this one from the cancelled Levitation:

Mild_Davis
Jun 26, 2019

me your dad posted:

Have you read the 33 1/3 book about Chocolate and Cheese?

Holy crap. I am buying this right now. Thanks for the heads up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW3E58xYK_E