Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
hello everyone, welcome to the official general thread of Rowdy Ringsports. i will be your host for this thread.

here are the rules:

1. do not talk about pro wrestling or mma in this thread

2. do not talk about Star Wars: The Last Jedi

3. you have to be my friend

i hope you all have a fun time posting in my thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
other rules:

addendum 1: don't talk about a picture of The Big Show smoking a cigarette

addendum 2: do not disparage our great president-elect, Joseph Robinette Biden

list of people who are enemies with each other:

Cavauro and TV Zombie

Shayna Baszler fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Feb 16, 2021

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Drew McIntyre posted:

2. do not talk about Star Wars: The Last Jedi

whhat the hell

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drew McIntyre posted:

3. you have to be my friend

Won't you be lonely posting by yourself?

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
What happened to the old thread?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

So does this mean you're committed to the name or will the thread soon have a sweet name / title mismatch?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Rarity posted:

Won't you be lonely posting by yourself?

i guess so, because you're right, i don't have any friends, rarity. i try, but i guess its not for me.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait...you're not MJeff!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I seem to have misplaced the lid of my small pot. I don't understand where I could've put it and am getting extremely mad about it

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
I can’t do late nights any more. Am now officially nearing middle age.

The pints didn’t help either.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mekchu posted:

Wait...you're not MJeff!

Please still post the Jigglypuffs, MJeff!

Please be my friend, Drew :shobon:

Stone Pitbull 141 posted:

What happened to the old thread?

I had to move it temporarily, the way the forums work I can't just move it back myself so once an Admin gets my request they'll shift it back, but it felt like a nice time for a new thread anyway.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Good morning friends

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Given the situation that caused a new General Chat thread to be made, would it not make sense to have an IK or two around to help out while you're busy doing non-Mod stuff Jerusalem?

Or are IKs restricted to a thread? IDK how they work.

Edit - Also thanks for the condolences on the job offer going south. I'm a bit bummed but I'm sure I can find another job easily.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i am the host of this thread, and Jerusalem is my bouncer

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you should change your name to triple h because putting your own name in a thread is the kind of tryhard poo poo that’s right up his street

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

jesus WEP posted:

you should change your name to triple h because putting your own name in a thread is the kind of tryhard poo poo that’s right up his street

i'll take it into consideration, thanks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

This is a positive thread, think of the title like the 1st Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence! That's right, we're trying to prevent getting sued by somebody over their low sperm count.

Mekchu posted:

Or are IKs restricted to a thread? IDK how they work.

As far as I am aware, IK permissions are granted for an entire subforum. Sometimes people get IKed for a specific thread alone, and told not to use them outside of it or risk having that status stripped. They basically can request limited probations and that's about it.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Oh, you made a new thread? Hmm. I don't like it.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I am your friend.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Hi drew nice thread voting it a solid 5. Have a good one bud

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Still no sign of the lid. What the gently caress

Edit: I FOUND THE LID, and with it, a powerful reminder of my own stupidity. It was inside a bigger pot that had its lid on.

Edit2: I'm going to try making dango today. It's very exciting. But first I need to study for the finals ugh

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Dec 15, 2019

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to minimize the chances of having bad dreams? I've been having them pretty constantly lately and I'm sick of it.:( Also hi friends. I wasn't around for the last thing but it must have been pretty bad.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
ty for rule #2

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is there a way to minimize the chances of having bad dreams? I've been having them pretty constantly lately and I'm sick of it.:( Also hi friends. I wasn't around for the last thing but it must have been pretty bad.

Honestly, I've found that weed is the big thing that suppresses the nightmares I get from my SSRIs. It's not an ideal solution by any means but it beats my previous state of dreading falling asleep

Ziggy Tzardust fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 16, 2019

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Personally, I find hugging a stuffed friend helps. I was on the verge of crying one night because my invasive thoughts had gone completely haywire in bed but my meds had knocked me on my rear end so thoroughly I had trouble getting up. Luckily my bear had fallen between the nightstand and my bed so I picked him up, hugged the poo poo out of him and my brain cleared up.
Strangely I've also found that thinking of how much I don't want to have bad dreams when I'm going to sleep also helps.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i ride the choo choo train to nightmare town like every other night and lemme tell you my partner and dog LOVE it when i wake them up screaming at four in the morning.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Before I go to bed I shout a challenge to the Nightmare King and the coward never answers

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i have good dreams every night but i know multiple people including my xgf not to brag that have terrible 'stress dreams' and may i just say, im very sorry to anyone who suffers from that, as it seems very crappy.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

WatermelonGun posted:

i ride the choo choo train to nightmare town like every other night and lemme tell you my partner and dog LOVE it when i wake them up screaming at four in the morning.

Are these standard nightmares or PTSD-related?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Melatonin at the same time every night, get away from the computer a good hour before actually trying to sleep, more if you can manage it but hey we know how it goes, and no matter freakin' what, do not look at that dang phone there's nothing good in it. have a fan or air purifier on. most importantly for me, if you listen to music or a podcasts do not set them to continuous play. i have found this to be a "bad dream maker"

ive had a sleeping disorder called REM Sleep Disorder since I was a wee lad, where if I'm experiencing a dream early in the sleep cycle my brain does not tell my body that it is a dream and I will scream, kick, jump out of bed(or hurt myself attempting to jump out of bed, in my confused sleep state) if some poor sap thinks to try and help me i will turn on them until i at some point manage to come to. it was more a peculiarity when i was younger but as i get older it's becoming a real liability, i've hurt myself pretty badly three times leaping out of bed. one time i ended up doin a fuckin combat roll and dropped right on my chest, i think i bruised a lung. while I THINK i have not violently attacked any lovers you know, I fear, one of these many days that I have sex, that's going to be the day when it happens. i am trying to see the psychiatrist for it, but hoo boy! do you know how hard it is to get authorization for a freakin' psychiatrist in the american health care system these days

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sleep with an enchanted dagger

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Please make sure the old thread gets moved back, too. It can stay closed but it's nice to have for me to look back on, lke that time I made fun of the patriots fan that was like "Ugh I hate having to root for this team".

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just want Tom Brady's arm to fall off as he jacks it into his maga hat and then the team gets bad again. Then I won't need to listen to the conspiracy theories of every guy from Southie.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i smoke a lot of weed to keep the night demons at bay

i also hope touchdown tom gets counted out

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Joey McChrist posted:

i also hope touchdown tom gets counted out

I wouldn't advise it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CobiWann posted:

Oh, you made a new thread? Hmm. I don't like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVDk_PXutK0&t=8s

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Gumball Gumption posted:

I just want Tom Brady's arm to fall off as he jacks it into his maga hat and then the team gets bad again. Then I won't need to listen to the conspiracy theories of every guy from Southie.

I mean the MAGA UFC fighter got his face caved in last night, so that was an enjoyable proxy.

Edit: Also Trump will get re-elected because the economy won’t tank until his second term and I already see people getting territorial in their specific democratic candidates when literally even the status quo would be infinitely better than a second Trump term. Especially because Ruth Bader Ginsberg will almost certainly die in a second Trump term, meaning we will have a majority conservative Supreme Court for a generation so welp here we go

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 15, 2019

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Blast Fantasto posted:

I mean the MAGA UFC fighter got his face caved in last night, so that was an enjoyable proxy.
now for the MAGA bellator fighter

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The MAGA backyard fighter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/MMArevived/status/1206165533135032322