Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Finally me white whale be caught! I am never breeding a shiny loving ever again. On top of it they are only 4 iv with the wrong ability (cause the Japanese mom is synchronize) but gently caress it. It is done. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Leal posted:

Its funny in my head imagining going out to these gym tournaments and watching the pokemon battle. The trainer just one shots one after the other. Then the leader pulls out their final pokemon, it gets big and everyone starts chanting and getting hype....

And then it also gets one shot. Don't forget to hit up the merchandise stand on your way out.

I took particular joy in no-selling Hop.

Can't wait to take Leon down ALL THE PEGS.

Does anyone know if Pokejobs interfere with Loto-ID? I don't want to risk missing my moomoo milk if Dreepy is off guarding capitalism.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Beachcomber posted:

Does anyone know if Pokejobs interfere with Loto-ID? I don't want to risk missing my moomoo milk if Dreepy is off guarding capitalism.

I have been imagining that it does so I always wait to recall them first. Would like an authoritative answer.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Flopsy posted:

It's easier with another player, but it is doable. I couldn't tell you how it works though, it just seems to happen at random with me.

Yeah even if you do everything perfect there seems to be some randomness with curry.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Why does Eevee make hosed up noises now?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

Because it did in the let’s go sidegame.

Meowth does too, now, dunno why on that one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Avalerion posted:

Because it did in the let’s go sidegame.

Meowth does too, now, dunno why on that one.

That’s Meowth’s original Japanese voice actor I think.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Ok, does putting a wish stone in the extremely obvious den surrounded by menhirs near the lake of outRage do anything special?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
The most hilariously cute thing in this game is dynamaxed Mimikyu having its disguise busted. The camera zooms in on this giant glowing Mimikyu, and its head just flops to the side using the same plook-blook sound. And on top of that, they give the head flop the 10% slowdown they give all dynamaxed movement but don’t pitch the sound effect down, so none of it matches up at all.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I am awfully fond of Boltunds curry face. 110% pure dog.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Beachcomber posted:

Ok, does putting a wish stone in the extremely obvious den surrounded by menhirs near the lake of outRage do anything special?

It's just another den, although that one has a very small chance of summoning Gigantamax Charizard.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Beachcomber posted:

I mean, isn't this easily solved by only ever sending mons that you caught/bred yourself out on jobs?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Beachcomber posted:

The Pokemon Company is recently pushing Eevee as a near-partner to Pikachu. Hence Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. So Eevee is voiced in-game now, like Pikachu. Eevee is saying its Japanese name which is something like "Ievui"

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Eeevee should have been the mascot of Pokemon, not dumb ol' Pikachu. :colbert:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

wafflemoose posted:

:hai:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

going through my boxes and it turns out somebody surprise traded me their G-Max Pikachu lmao

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Eevee is cute but pikachu remains near the top of my most loved pokemon and he is a good electric mouse and you should respect him.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Eimi posted:

Eevee is cute but pikachu remains near the top of my most loved pokemon and he is a good electric mouse and you should respect him.

I don't know how you gently caress up spelling Dedenne so wrong that it comes out Pikachu.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Pachirisu is the best Pikachu-like. In Gen 6 I raised 5 Pachirisu to level 100 and just let them pick stuff up for me, it was great

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Clefairy or Poliwhirl should have been the mascots and Politoed should have been the only evo for Poliwhirl.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

wafflemoose posted:

It's already challenged the throne to such a degree that it's got voice acting in the game now.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Eevee was always a better mascot than Pikachu, there I said it :colbert:

Hammerite posted:

Eevee is saying its Japanese name which is something like "Ievui"

what? it's just Eevee

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I'm surprised it took this long for Eevee to get some spotlight. People loving love Eevee. Even people who've never played Pokémon a day in their life adore 'em.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Eevee sucks as a mascot too. Why would you take a pokemon whose whole point is evolving into a bunch of different ones and then be forced to stick with its base form.

They should have went with Raichu.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Best PikaClone is Mimikyu. It should be Pokemon Let's Go Mimikyu and Let's Go Mimikyu :colbert: .

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Eevee sucks as a mascot too. Why would you take a pokemon whose whole point is evolving into a bunch of different ones and then be forced to stick with its base form.

They should have went with Raichu.

Counterpoint: Eevee is great, binch

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Eevee sucks and I would happily give up the one good Eeveelution to see the rest of them just washed away.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Your Computer posted:

what? it's just Eevee
イーブイ、it's very close but pronounced just a lil differently. I believe they write it Eivui when they use romaji? Could be wrong.

EDIT: All Eevees are equally good, Leafeon is just a little better.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm glad we can all agree Leafeon is hot garbage

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Eevee sucks and I would happily give up the one good Eeveelution to see the rest of them just washed away.

I’m going to loving explode

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Pikachu: Stupid electric rodent. Evolves into the last thing anyone needs: A bigger rodent

Eevee: Cute furry fennec fox who can turn into several other cute foxes or cats.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Clefairy was supposed to originally be the series mascot iirc

Which would have been best since Clefairy and Clefable have been my longest-term favorite Pokemon (I may like mons like Gardevoir and Mimikyu a bit more but I've really like the fairies since I was a lil kid playing red and blue)

Also Pikachu and Eevee are both great Pokemon and I fully welcome Eevee into mascothood

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Avalerion posted:

who says it has to be stuck as its base form? :colbert: Eevee is great for showing off one of the main things about Pokémon which is evolution

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

イーブイ、it's very close but pronounced just a lil differently. I believe they write it Eivui when they use romaji? Could be wrong.
I know, but in what world would that sound like 'eivui'? :psyduck: well, if the pokémon company wants to write its names weird that's up to them I guess

Framboise posted:

Clefairy was supposed to originally be the series mascot iirc
would also be a great mascot imo

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ROFL Octopus posted:

I’m going to loving explode

Eevee and all of it's evolutions look like those DA artists that draw cartoon dog versions of characters from other media but with less detail.

Not even cute as just colorful animals.

The Splash
May 30, 2011

I'll never say hole again.

Beachcomber posted:

Eevee and Pikachu having actual voices in Sword/Shield never stops being startling. It probably would've made more sense to have those as special voices for the Gigantamax exclusives from Let's Go instead of having every wild Pikachu suddenly yell at you when you're used to midi-esque screams.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Please turn my pikachu back into a calculator.

Actually i love the one npc camp with all the eeveelutions because they all have midi voices except Eevee itself and it’s extremely disconcerting.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Beachcomber posted:

Sonia better have a tree themed last name. :argh:

Her name is Sonia Magnolia

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Your Computer posted:

who says it has to be stuck as its base form? :colbert: Eevee is great for showing off one of the main things about Pokémon which is evolution

Let's go eevee didn't let you evolve it. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

ConanThe3rd posted:

Best PikaClone is Mimikyu. It should be Pokemon Let's Go Mimikyu and Let's Go Mimikyu :colbert: .

Mimikyu isn't a PikaClone. It WISHES it could be even that, the pathetic lil scamp.