Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Powershift posted:

It's the lady from the math problems!

Dammit lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Drove around to this park that puts up a shitload of Christmas lights so the kids could see. Let her sit on Mom's lap in the passenger seat (driving like 10 mph and the road is closed for this exclusively). First time she's been in the front seat and she looks around and over at me and says "I don't have a wheel" and it was the most :kimchi: 2 year old moment.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Tremek posted:

I broke the DM’s undead dragon this afternoon with hypnotic pattern. It got close to the ground, apparently it wasn’t immune to charm, and you miss all the shots you don’t take. I do feel a little bad though.

Don't ever feel bad about doing awesome poo poo in game, that's the stuff that's most memorable. I haven't pulled off anything as awesome as mesmerizing a dragon but things are escalating in the various games i'm in.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Minnesota Mixup posted:

Didn't realize that was in C at first and was like well.. at least it isn't as cold as it is here. Yeah that's too hot to be working outside. Please drink lots of water and eat salty stuff.

The only positive that’s coming out of this weather is that works freaking out about our slashing program getting finished, and since we can’t run the machines in that weather because of the fire risk they’re paying me to run one of em today on Sunday.

I’m getting paid $65 an hr to sit on my arse in an air conditioned glass box, listening to Pearl Jam while making grass and shrubs short again.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Powershift posted:

It's the lady from the math problems!
I literally have no idea what you mean

Ups_rail posted:

Anyway my advice is just lean into your paternal instincts be friendly in person, no no no social media interaction or texting because even if its innocent it can look bad. It will run its course.
I think we're all on the same page, thanks!

She hasn't asked for my number (so no texting) and I'm not even 100% sure she knows how to spell my last name so I doubt she'll be stalking me. If she asks, I'll velvet glove handle that football.

It's probably nothing in the sense I don't think I will need to do anything, I just like to be a bit proactive if I see the possibility of an issue.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 15, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

I literally have no idea what you mean

In math class in the 90s the problems always tried to relate to reality, but sucked at it. it's like "Mary buys 2 batches of 20 gallons of milk and throws one at another car due to road rage on the way home. how many gallons of milk does Mary have?"

You'd know this if that 18 year old was your side chick.

she woulda got the joke

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Powershift posted:

You'd know this if that 18 year old was your side chick.

Holy poo poo. You are a very bad man.

I love you

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

InitialDave posted:

What's that, Skippy? E-handbrakes are bullshit? No, I'm told on great authority they're really wonderful, clearly you're mistaken...

Oh man, I need that laugh

slidebite posted:

As a 2011 Legacy owner, I had no idea what you're talking about so I just read it. Sounds like a pain in the rear end and I have no idea what the special "tool" is?

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaat the gently caress

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

Holy poo poo. You are a very bad man.

I love you

:devil:

I picked up a set of encyclopedias off kijiji to read while trying to sleep, and they came with about 50 readers digest books. Some of them(1956, 1957 printed cover first edition) go for $30-40 a piece on ebay.

I wrapped them each individually to give to my book nerd sister for christmas. her kids are gonna be so jealous when she gets 10 times as many gifts.

Also, according to the 1981 encyclopedia britanica, Alberta is among the most desirable under-populated places to settle in the world.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 15, 2019

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Tremek posted:

I broke the DM’s undead dragon this afternoon with hypnotic pattern. It got close to the ground, apparently it wasn’t immune to charm, and you miss all the shots you don’t take. I do feel a little bad though.

Oh and this AM I picked up the S65 from the ceramic place, and brought my rottie home from my dad’s where he’s been healing since ACL surgery after the fire. Now letting my kids run around at an indoor Nerf battle. Not a bad day

My pup goes for ACL surgery tomorrow morning, Mom has taken it on herself to get that taken care of and properly rehabed while I'm in the hospital. She's had a couple dogs go through it so she knows the tricks and her house is much better setup for it.

Might be discharged by the holidays! Depends on biopsy results tomorrow but my gut miraculously woke up a couple days ago and I can eat again after a month and a half. Thinking we'll do the 7 hour drive to my parents from the hospital, spend a couple days there then direct flight home. I'd get to see my monster pup this way and spend some time with family while not feeling absolutely terrible.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaat the gently caress

No poo poo, right? I’m glad to have given up on modern cars. My wrist hurts just thinking about 600 turns.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Our furnace blower motor is being a bit weird, How hard is it to replace? It doesn't look all that difficult to access.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

Our furnace blower motor is being a bit weird, How hard is it to replace? It doesn't look all that difficult to access.

Jesus christ, another red title.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

Jesus christ, another red title.

Yeah, dude buying these a little baby. Bonus though, the new BSS mod said this poo poo won't fly anymore and she'll take them down as soon as she sees them.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Hahahaha, Rhyno's pissed off some 12 year old with a forums account and their mom's credit card

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, dude buying these a little baby. Bonus though, the new BSS mod said this poo poo won't fly anymore and she'll take them down as soon as she sees them.

You should remind him how many figures he could've bought with the money he's donated to the spine fund.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fermented Tinal posted:

Hahahaha, Rhyno's pissed off some 12 year old with a forums account and their mom's credit card

With FYAD closing they're spilling out into the forums. It's kind of lovely that FYAD still let homophobia transphobia be a thing.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

My pup goes for ACL surgery tomorrow morning, Mom has taken it on herself to get that taken care of and properly rehabed while I'm in the hospital. She's had a couple dogs go through it so she knows the tricks and her house is much better setup for it.

Might be discharged by the holidays! Depends on biopsy results tomorrow but my gut miraculously woke up a couple days ago and I can eat again after a month and a half. Thinking we'll do the 7 hour drive to my parents from the hospital, spend a couple days there then direct flight home. I'd get to see my monster pup this way and spend some time with family while not feeling absolutely terrible.

Hope the pup’s surgery goes well and congrats on maybe being out of the hospital in short order! That sounds like a terrible ordeal man, sorry you’re going through that.

What breed is your dag?

Our pair of goofy rear end dogs on the rottie’s disgusting dog bed:

The frenchie is thrilled to have someone to play with; the rottie isn’t so sure but he’s being a good sport.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Tremek posted:

Hope the pup’s surgery goes well and congrats on maybe being out of the hospital in short order! That sounds like a terrible ordeal man, sorry you’re going through that.

What breed is your dag?

Our pair of goofy rear end dogs on the rottie’s disgusting dog bed:

The frenchie is thrilled to have someone to play with; the rottie isn’t so sure but he’s being a good sport.

Big ol Bernese, Mom's been raising and showing them for 20 years. He's really enjoying the snow up north.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I imagine it's doable. Really should be moving the wiring out of the way, removing some screws, then disassembling the blower assembly. I'm working up the nerve to replace my draft inducer motor personally (read: waiting for a warm enough stretch to take the furnace down an hour or two). Might be worth checking to see if a part's available on repairclinic.com.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I did the fan in my heat pump outside unit a few months ago. Compared to doing the same in a car it's loving easy. I was told on that one, by a HVAC repair guy, that pulling the fan off of the old motor would be difficult.

I don't think he realized the collection of prybars and pullers I own.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

IOwnCalculus posted:

I was told on that one, by a HVAC repair guy, that pulling the fan off of the old motor would be difficult.
That will likely be the case.

Actually, pulling it off might not be that difficult, doing so without loving it up may be the challenge.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Removing the housing is the easiest part.

On most split systems its just two screws, unplug the wires, and the whole thing slides out.
Getting the motor out of the squirrel cage on the other hand, now that can be difficult. In my experience, it'll either pop right out, or you're going to be hammering on it for an hour.

Also, if you have a non-ECM motor, remember to get a new capacitor for it too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

Removing the housing is the easiest part.

On most split systems its just two screws, unplug the wires, and the whole thing slides out.
Getting the motor out of the squirrel cage on the other hand, now that can be difficult. In my experience, it'll either pop right out, or you're going to be hammering on it for an hour.

Also, if you have a non-ECM motor, remember to get a new capacitor for it too.

Hey buddy, here's what's going on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kpvhMWArR4

On occasion it spins up to full speed and functions but once it hits the set temp it shuts off and we're back to square one again.

Behind the panel

All the videos I have watched show a capacitor located to the lower left, a typical cylindrical design. I'm not seeing that here, am I just dumb?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Rhyno posted:

On the plus side it's keeping a cash flow into the forum

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

freelop posted:

On the plus side it's keeping a cash flow into the forum

Yeah, I almost wish she hadn't made a public post about it so this idiot would keep wasting his money.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I guess that comes with the territory in toy forums :v:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Rhyno posted:

My old house I used to pull it once a year to clean it and everything else I could. Usually I did this cause my poo poo-tier filtering system always hosed up and allowed a lot of dust through. Coupled with old carpets, two dogs, two cats, and five people, we could pack up the A-coil in a big hurry.

I think this thing is the capacitor.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 15, 2019

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Rhyno posted:

Hey buddy, here's what's going on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kpvhMWArR4

On occasion it spins up to full speed and functions but once it hits the set temp it shuts off and we're back to square one again.

Behind the panel

All the videos I have watched show a capacitor located to the lower left, a typical cylindrical design. I'm not seeing that here, am I just dumb?

You'll have to look at the motor to be sure, but it may not have a cap, it may be an ECM motor,

Does the motor have a round module looking thing with a bunch of wires sticking off the back of it? If so, you've got an ECM.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

You'll have to look at the motor to be sure, but it may not have a cap, it may be an ECM motor,

Does the motor have a round module looking thing with a bunch of wires sticking off the back of it? If so, you've got an ECM.

According to the HVAC thread, it is ECM

Motor part number is 100KHEB8, google turns up nothing.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 15, 2019

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yeah, that's an ECM for sure.

What's the Model/Serial number of your furnace?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Points and laughs at air filter

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

Yeah, that's an ECM for sure.

What's the Model/Serial number of your furnace?

Trane XV 80. I'm uncertain of the serial number. Just that 100KHEB8 is on the motor itself

Goober Peas posted:

Points and laughs at air filter

What?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Rhyno posted:

Trane XV 80. I'm uncertain of the serial number. Just that 100KHEB8 is on the motor itself

There should be a data tag somewhere on the front panel or side of the cabinet, that has the actual long form model and serial number there.
That will help find the motor for it.

To be honest with you though, if its a Trane, getting an OEM replacement by yourself is going to be near impossible. Trane is very notorious for not selling to non-trades people.

ExplodingSims fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 15, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

There should be a data tag somewhere on the front panel or side of the cabinet, that has the actual long form model and serial number there.
That will help find the motor for it.

To be honest with you though, if its a Trane, getting an OEM replacement by yourself is going to be near impossible. Trane is very notorious for not selling to non-trades people.

This?

I was hoping for a compatible option I could swap in. My wife works in the rental industry and we have a guy who said he can source it for us if we figure out what we need but he's saying $600+ just for the motor.

Edit: Okay so the furnace is still kicking on and pumping heat, it's just not moving it up very far. Should I shut it off until we can get someone out here to look at it tomorrow? What should I do?

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 15, 2019

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

ExplodingSims posted:

American Standard as well (it’s owned by/the same as Trane). I won’t buy their poo poo again because of that. That and the ECM was heavily potted with polyurethane so you couldn’t get at any of the capacitors or board-level components, making it unrepairable. Also I’m sure they failed because they couldn’t dissipate any heat with all the potting.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 15, 2019

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Rhyno posted:

This?

I was hoping for a compatible option I could swap in. My wife works in the rental industry and we have a guy who said he can source it for us if we figure out what we need but he's saying $600+ just for the motor.

Edit: Okay so the furnace is still kicking on and pumping heat, it's just not moving it up very far. Should I shut it off until we can get someone out here to look at it tomorrow? What should I do?

Yeah, 600 sounds about right. ECMs are expensive.
If its still moving air, you can leave it on. Sounds like the motor is already in the grave, so if anything it'll just trip on a safety before it does any damage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay cool. I put the panel back on and left it be. Fairly frustrating. Rather than wait we're just having our regular service guys out to look at it tomorrow.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

What's worse than a 20.3 1/4 mile time at 70mph? Motorweek bragged about it because it was 2 seconds and 5mph faster than the previous version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E77io_1O6NU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
It's been 12 hours since my last smoke. I hate this already. I hate this so much.