Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

caught the end of regulation of michigan/oregon and was glad to see the ducks pull it out because that 30 foot buzzer beater at the end of the second half that they waved off should have counted due to Rule of Cool and the game should not have gone to OT, this is one man's opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
NC State pissed away a double-digit lead at a decent Greensboro team and looked like they were headed for an OT they would probably lose. Then Markell Johnson did this:
https://twitter.com/accmbb/status/1206338150106316800?s=20
(The best part is one of the homer announcers saying "Nope" right as the ball left his hand)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1206387475658215425

https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/1206387774292725761

I don't have the slightest clue as to what is going on in the Big Ten. Home Teams are like 13-0 right now (were 8-5 last year), even the poo poo home teams. drat thing's wide open.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 16, 2019

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
it's very early but Iowa somehow has the best offense in the entire country by kenpom while running everything through a gigantic white post up center like it's 1955 or something.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

this season has been loving nuts

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1206709623106998272?s=19

So yeah Bohannon is sitting the rest of the year. Sucks because it leaves Iowa's rotation pretty thin but it's the right move. They're probably playing over their heads right now anyway and having him back at 100% next year when they bring most of the team back is a lot more important than letting him limp through this season and potentially make the injury worse.

Please ignore the incredibly loving stupid grad transfer speculation in this tweet btw

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Oof that sucks. I like Bohannon, he's such a perfect Big Ten dude.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Poque posted:

Oof that sucks. I like Bohannon, he's such a perfect Big Ten dude.

It was pretty crazy he played at all this year but he'll be back next year for even more "wtf how is that guy still in school"

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MourningView posted:

So yeah Bohannon is sitting the rest of the year.

drat, I thought it was going to be a "sit/rest for rest of year", not "stop playing and get a hip surgery" kind of thing. Sucks.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

facialimpediment posted:

drat, I thought it was going to be a "sit/rest for rest of year", not "stop playing and get a hip surgery" kind of thing. Sucks.

It's the other hip seems like he probably hosed it up trying to play through the other one. At least he has way longer to recover this time

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1206387475658215425

https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/1206387774292725761

I don't have the slightest clue as to what is going on in the Big Ten. Home Teams are like 13-0 right now (were 8-5 last year), even the poo poo home teams. drat thing's wide open.

14 way tie, everyone goes 10-10.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MourningView posted:

It was pretty crazy he played at all this year but he'll be back next year for even more "wtf how is that guy still in school"

Robbie Hummel Jr

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Poque posted:

Robbie Hummel Jr

Perry Ellis.

Though man, I seriously feel like I've heard of Bohannon for over half the decade at this point.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

Perry Ellis.

Though man, I seriously feel like I've heard of Bohannon for over half the decade at this point.

Well there have been four of them. He's the youngest and first to go to Iowa, even though his dad was a quarterback for one of our rose bowl teams and they grew up like fifteen minutes away. Good job, Alford.

Bohannon still being on the team doesn't weird me out but I legitimately forgot Garza was a junior and not a senior until like a week ago.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

Well there have been four of them. He's the youngest and first to go to Iowa, even though his dad was a quarterback for one of our rose bowl teams and they grew up like fifteen minutes away. Good job, Alford.

Bohannon still being on the team doesn't weird me out but I legitimately forgot Garza was a junior and not a senior until like a week ago.

That explains it more, I'm conflating him with all the Wisconsin ones. Why do I feel like there was a Bohannon at Louisville, though, is this a Mandela effect thing or something?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
There was Chane Behanan at Louisville

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't even loving care that northwestern is going to lose this game, they have a player named "boo buie" and he went on a one-man 15-2 run against Michigan State and he loving rules.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

R.D. Mangles posted:

i don't even loving care that northwestern is going to lose this game, they have a player named "boo buie" and he went on a one-man 15-2 run against Michigan State and he loving rules.

incredible

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Who could've guessed that the only good coach that UNLV has hired since they let Kruger walk just so happens to be the one that actually won a game in the NCAA Tournament before they hired him

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Also the whole point of hiring an up and comer learn on the job type is to pay them cheap. Glad you hosed that part up DRF

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
:lol: Tarheels.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1207748317876277250

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Yay one-and-done era!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

the odds that this agent will be Rich Paul are currently negative.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The NCAA has successfully maintained the integrity of the sport by not letting the best player play. You're welcome, America. The unfair advantage of a few bucks to move across country won't ever be a problem again when we return to the basketball fief system of indentured servants who can only play ball on the salted earth from which they sprung. State schools should only recruit from a maximum distance that a horse can travel in a day.

Seriously what if everybody just decided to have their own tournament that these fucks aren't a part of? What exactly do they even do besides make the NBA better and college basketball worse?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

The NCAA has successfully maintained the integrity of the sport by not letting the best player play.

oh no what happened to Anthony Edwards?

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
The record for most different #1 teams in a season is 7. On Monday we'll have the 6th this season and it's not even January. The tournament is going to be wide open this year.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Kim Jong Il posted:

Yeboah is pretty good and people don't understand why he doesn't play more.

It's two games after a bunch of crap, but his numbers for the year are good. He's a solid #2 or #3 option. Usually grad transfers fall off a lot when moving up a level, so far he's better than he was in the CAA or wherever he was.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Villanova knocking off Kansas is cool and good

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

things are fairly cool and good this season so far tbh

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Lacrosse Guy got some air
https://twitter.com/tanner_demling/status/1208593158369619968?s=20

Also Boo Buie looks legit, Northwestern might be like NIT good in a couple of years.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's dumb but i feel way better than i have about northwestern all season after two losses

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

The record for most different #1 teams in a season is 7. On Monday we'll have the 6th this season and it's not even January. The tournament is going to be wide open this year.

This is why I hate being #1. It is ALL they talked about the entire game. The crowd was feverishly begging for it. Everybody plays harder against the #1. Ranked #2 is easily the best position to be in.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Villanova knocking off Kansas is cool and good

Like this. Imagine liking Villanova or Philadelphia in general.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Villanova has been so success starved lately though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They're an insufferable brand of basketball. Their fundamentals are great but it's like watching paint dry.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They're one of like five college teams that runs a real offense from this century.

Also how can you be a KU fan for this long and still be such a baby about people not liking your team Christ.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don’t care about people not liking my team you spit vitriol every chance you get I’m used to it and it’s not what I was saying at all

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

UVA bad

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 18 days!)

I'd rather cheer for Nova than Kansas, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012