Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Season 2 had some okay individual episodes but it was a real mess in the big picture. Season 3 sounds like a loving disaster.

Just let Bryan Fuller make his shows goddammit :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Jerusalem posted:

I hope they don't make a Gremlins 3 because Gremlins 2 is already a perfect movie.

Rerelease Gremlins 2, but replace the Hulk Hogan scene with Jon Moxley.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

One of the other vampires in an episode just randomly being Batista because he happened to be in town that day and thought it would be fun was the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThwdfJ6Zs74

I can't eat spaghetti anymore without calling it pasketti. I should really re-watch the show because it was super quotable but my memory sucks.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

apropos of absolutely nothing, a piece of music I particularly enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFHdRkeEnpM

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Instead of this thread being named after a specific user, can we have it renamed to The Best Ever General Thread Out of Ringsports

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Drew McIntyre posted:

hello everyone, welcome to the official general thread of Rowdy Ringsports. i will be your host for this thread.

here are the rules:

1. do not talk about pro wrestling or mma in this thread

2. do not talk about Star Wars: The Last Jedi

3. you have to be my friend

i hope you all have a fun time posting in my thread.
Hey, Drew Mac. Before the last one was closed, you said that you didn't see my post and I was going to apologize for inadvertently being a giant rear end in a top hat but the thread closed and I felt weird PMing you about it, so hi! I'm sorry! I was a jerk!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is there a way to minimize the chances of having bad dreams? I've been having them pretty constantly lately and I'm sick of it.:( Also hi friends. I wasn't around for the last thing but it must have been pretty bad.
Prazosin.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 16, 2019

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Blast Fantasto posted:

Instead of this thread being named after a specific user, can we have it renamed to The Best Ever General Thread Out of Ringsports

It's named after the wrestler.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I fuckin love prazosin

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I fuckin love prazosin
Me too. I'm on a dose that most doctors find, quote, troubling. But even combined with the other meds I'm on, which are also supposed to make you feel faint, I don't experience that side-effect at all. Even when drinking.

I still have nightmares all night every night, but in the bad old days I was only getting a couple of hours of sleep (nonconsecutive) spread out over about ten hours in bed, and now I can actually get up to like six or seven nonconsecutive hours and can, often, fall asleep after I wake up from the nightmares.

poo poo was life-changing and cut my alcohol use from straight-up abusing the stuff to fall asleep down to a more normal level.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Are these standard nightmares or PTSD-related?

Sorry for the delay on this but mine are very clearly "standard" stress and anxiety related. My anxiety is hardcore, brothers and sisters. It's not fun I'll tell ya.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I was having a string of bad dreams a few weeks ago that made me not want to sleep. Except I couldn't put my finger on what was bad about them. They felt less 'bad' and more 'exhausting'.
Then I realized that it was probably due to my increased dose of requip. I was suffering side-effects that made me feel lovely And since I took it before bed I was blaming my lovely feelings on the dreams. So I detoxxed off of it and have felt pretty drat good ever sense. And I will continue to feel good until the restless legs syndrome it was treating comes back but it's been 2 1/2 weeks so here's hoping. This doesn't have much to do with everybody else's dreams though so sorry.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!
A dream that pisses me off is the one where you think you’ve suddenly discussed an extra room in your living space and you’re like oh wow this is great and somehow it’s already furnished even not the best stuff but I can switch out this or that, but then you wake up and you’re like, crap I have the same amount of rooms. I also don’t like the dream where you’re trying to drive from the back seat of the car

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I feel like my nightmares are always realistic in nature, like failing at work or someone close to me leaving etc. I never get cool, chased by a monster nightmares.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

That DICK! posted:

A dream that pisses me off is the one where you think you’ve suddenly discussed an extra room in your living space and you’re like oh wow this is great and somehow it’s already furnished even not the best stuff but I can switch out this or that, but then you wake up and you’re like, crap I have the same amount of rooms. I also don’t like the dream where you’re trying to drive from the back seat of the car

I’ve literally had both of these dreams, except every time I’ve had the driving one I’m always driving from behind the passenger seat

What could it mean? :iit:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The worst dream is when I'm eating a big bag of Halloween candy and when I wake up all my Halloween candy is gone.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i forgot how very uncomfortable the king of comedy is

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

my dreams that I can remember these days generally involve beautiful and fantastical landscapes full of wonders that I want to run off and explore

but I can’t, b/c it’s always my last day there and there’s always a giant mess I don’t remember making which I’m still obligated to clean up before we go back home, so I can go have fun or I can go and be a responsible goddamn adult for a change instead of a lazy womanchild

I always end up being an adult, sorting garbage piles that never really diminish, and wake up with a dull ache in my chest and a crummy mood onboard

and that, friends, is what waking and baking is for

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thanks to most of you for being nice and making this place fun to be part of over the years

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Since we're talking about dreams. I usually have really fantastical ones where I'm just a character or the camera.

But for the last couple of weeks I've been having these reoccurring vivid dreams with a woman I've never met, raising a child I've never had, and there's been a consistent timeline. It's all been very real and warm and very confusing when I wake up.

I don't like it. Bring back the Hydra god talking to me. That I could roll with.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
sometimes i die in my dreams

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

one time I dreamt from a top-down perspective strongly reminiscent of the Legend of Zelda: ALink to the Past, as somehow both player and character. it was pretty dope, 10/10 would visit Hyrule again

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Mekchu posted:

Well poo poo. Then what are some good shows to be watching? Mandalorian I'm already watching and I'm not super into it despite liking the premise and every about Pedro Pascal & Jon Favreau.

The Boys Season 2 won't be out by then obviously. Jack Ryan S2 was not super fun compared to S1 so that was a let down and I really liked Clear And Present Danger so the setting/bad guy tropes weren't the issue for me.

His Dark Materials is very good. No idea what services it's on outside of the UK.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i am ready to start posting in this great thread now. A lot of threads possibly. this one is really cool

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I had a dream about getting hit by a car and bleeding out while the people passing by kept saying "no diggity"

More recently I had a dream where during an argument one person accused the other of "You"ll let any monster into the house, teach it to button a shirt and then use it to save the world". I wonder if it's a quote from something but mangled in dream form. Dreams are weird.

Cavauro posted:

i am ready to start posting in this great thread now. A lot of threads possibly. this one is really cool
I like when I see you out in the wilds of SA. Like a wandering sage.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010
Probation
our mate DM did an OK job on the thread. not great, but OK

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That DICK! posted:

A recurring dream I have is one where I'm out somewhere and want to go home but I'm nowhere near where I live.... but then I remember about my OTHER house/apartment/place that I just forgot that I have. And I go there and the whole place is just there and it's where I live and I'm like,"Man how could I forget about this place!?! I'm such a goof! :haw:" and then when I wake up I have like 5-10 seconds where I'm still convinced that I have the other place before I remember I just made it up entirely.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010
Probation
i will also have that variant of dream; often it is a place i used to live and i find out i still have access to it for some reason and that some/all of my stuff is still there. i'm like cool. two places. seems like a lot though

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I heard if you die in your dreams you'll live forever, and if you live in your dreams you'll die forever...

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sorry for the delay on this but mine are very clearly "standard" stress and anxiety related. My anxiety is hardcore, brothers and sisters. It's not fun I'll tell ya.

Talk to your doc/psych if you can. This is a problem that can usually be solved with medication these days.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Same. Most if not all of my dreams are PTSD these days; like someone's holding me down and stabbing me, or I'm bleeding from something and can't make it stop, the worst are my jaw hanging off again but all I can do is work it from one side while it grinds in my ears. God bless mighty prazosin for taking the wind out of the sails on all these tho.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm watching the movie "heaben knows what" by the safdie brothers. it's making me feel bad.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Here's a kind of related, occasionally reoccurring dream. One day I realize that there's always been a door in my apartment that I've never opened before and it leads to a secret world. Or I'm taking the subway and accidentally go past the terminus, and it leads to somewhere unexpected - in some dreams it's been a new part of Helsinki I've never heard of, sometimes a city in a different country and sometimes an entirely new, perhaps fantastical place.

I kind of love those dreams, honestly. They remind me of stuff like Spirited Away - where different worlds and places and secrets are hidden juuust outside of our sight. You see a glimpse of something in the corner of your eye, turn to look but there's nothing out of the ordinary there. But in those dreams and stories those glimpses are the other world bleeding through into our reality.

Maybe my favorite movie scene of all time is the train scene in Spirited Away. I'm sure you could interpret the scene in endless ways, especially since the film so deliberately explains precisely none of it, but one of my ideas about is that the train exists in a place between the human and the spirit world. It is real in both, and the shadows you see are people lost in their thoughts while travelling, the spirits and maybe the memories of the dead (seeing as a big theme in the film is forgetting - Chihiro forgetting her name and her parents, people forgetting about amusement parks and what they stood for, people forgetting the spirits and the spirit world). I dunno, I haven't really fleshed out that thought that much. Why did the train use to go both ways but doesn't anymore? What is the endless shallow sea it seems to go through? Etc. Etc. In any case it's incredibly beautiful and just about makes me cry every time I see it and I don't even know why, and it (and Spirited Away + of course other stories too) remind me of those dreams.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Dec 16, 2019

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The worst dream is when you buy something cool and then you wake up and it turns out it isn't real. One day I'll have a massage chair toilet.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i dream about filthy sex a lot. really wild crap that i dont even find sexy or a turn on in reality. i also dream about my dead grandfather. i didnt mean to form any connection between those dreams just now lol. sometimes i'll dream about a grave misdeed i did once years ago that haunts my subconscious forever. sometimes i see my friend Austin.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

yea ok posted:

a grave misdeed i did once years ago that haunts my subconscious forever

lol wat u do?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

:D

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

gently caress ice

both the state-sponsored terrorists, and the patch I hit on my bike this morning

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

WatermelonGun posted:

i forgot how very uncomfortable the king of comedy is

Incredibly. I remember going "hey, DeNiro, Lewis, Scorsese, this is going to be amazing!" And it was, but man, by the end I felt like I had been put through the loving ringer.

Same with Saturday Night Fever, which is legit a great movie, but it is NOT a dance movie/musical at ALL. I had only heard the soundtrack when my roommate and I watched it a few years ago. He said the look of confusion and growing horror on my face was almost as good at the movie itself.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I wrote a pretty crappy but probably passable didactics of physics and chemistry exam and am now watching a D-tier Ghibli film (Ocean Waves) and eating discount cold cuts because I don't feel like cooking lunch. One more final on Wednesday and then I'll be halfway through these studies. In half a year I'll have the qualifications I want and need. Looking forward to not being insanely broke 100% of the time

Hope your Monday is going well whether you're just getting up, going to bed or, like me, are doing or have done whatever it is you're supposed to do today.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Every Ghibli movie ranking listicle I've seen either ranks Ocean Waves near the bottom or doesn't include it at all (since it's a TV film) but I found it a perfectly solid 70-min slice of student life. Nowhere near as bad as Tales from Earthsea but also nowhere near the top of the Ghibli films. Don't regret watching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Have you watched What We Do In The Shadows? Because I loving loved What We Do In The Shadows, movie and TV series both.
Normally I would have been bummed that the cast from the movie isn't in the show, since the movie was so fun.

But the show is loving great too! I just assumed the show couldn't make it without Jemaine Clement but I decided to give it a chance because of Matt Berry and oh poo poo everyone in the show is so drat good at being a goofy out-of-place vampire :xd: