Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Guess I just suck at it cause I can’t keep the cargo above 49% damage and the “turn in” option is not active.

Gonna take a break for a while so I don’t end up hating this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Just checking, the roads are canned right? Or does the desire line apply to them too and they're procedurally generated?

I've been getting crazy diminishing returns on my likes. I build a road out and I used to get 10k likes, now its' like a 100. This is even when it's fresh.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The roads are pre-plotted, yes

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

skooma512 posted:

Just checking, the roads are canned right? Or does the desire line apply to them too and they're procedurally generated?

I've been getting crazy diminishing returns on my likes. I build a road out and I used to get 10k likes, now its' like a 100. This is even when it's fresh.

More people use the Lake-South highway, as it is available earlier, easier to complete and gets a lot more use.

The Mountain way has some breaks in it as is, and by the time you are building that way, most people are using a zipline net over the mountains.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Phenotype posted:

Yep, this is the case, you can still turn it in but you just won't get that S rank. I restarted that last mission once too because I thought the same thing, but on my second try I got all the way to the end before the boss knocked me down and brought it over 50% and I realized it hadn't actually failed the mission so I turned it in anyway.

Is there a way to replay missions or cutscenes?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

is there a link or map to the big hidden secret ruins like the torii gates? i just got to chap 15 and i want to spend some time going to those areas. i put in waaaaaayyyy too much hours building the roads and ziplines and i want some quality walking up and sliding down a hill dammit

night slime
May 14, 2014
People keep referencing secret ruins in the thread but I've never seen anything and I've played the game for a while...don't know what I'm missing either.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

CaptainCrunch posted:

Guess I just suck at it cause I can’t keep the cargo above 49% damage and the “turn in” option is not active.

Gonna take a break for a while so I don’t end up hating this game.
Are you turning it in at the right place? It's not the distro center but the lab building thingy further in the city.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Finished chapter 9 and I take back what I said about the face tech, it is excellent

Also holy poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Chapter 12: I just got to Capital Knot with the cryptobiotes. I rested and saved in the private room because it's the middle of the night.

How far do I have left? And I heard that I should set aside like 3 hours for the ending(s)? Will it be clear what the turning point for that will be

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Chapter 12: I just got to Capital Knot with the cryptobiotes. I rested and saved in the private room because it's the middle of the night.

How far do I have left? And I heard that I should set aside like 3 hours for the ending(s)? Will it be clear what the turning point for that will be

if you beat the giant floating whale then the game is essentially done, you're on the cutscene highway with minor running interludes. Yes it is 2 - 3 hours.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Enjoy!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
You do have about another 2-4 hours before that too depending.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Just want to make sure everyone is running full-speed into a MULE/Terrorist camp with a truck and psychotically running over as many of them as you can until one of them finally stops you with a stun device

Delivering Terror

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 16, 2019

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

J.A.B.C. posted:

The Mountain way has some breaks in it as is,

It does not. Auto pavers only show up on the map once you’ve scanned them. You’re probably missing 15, 16 and/or 17 which are in mule territory.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Monkey Fracas posted:

Just want to make sure everyone is running full-speed into a MULE/Terrorist camp with a truck and psychotically running over as many of them as you can until one of them finally stops you with a stun device

Delivering Terror

Honestly nothing really compared to the one time I attacked a mule camp during time fall and took out 4-5 guards with a single stun grenade because they were all huddled together in a tent.

2nd coolest thing was passing through a lategame MULE camp in the East after they all turn into terrorist camps and I basically stealth cleared it with the strand while running at full speed.

But yes, running a truck through a camp and knocking out a bunch of guards also owns.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

RatHat posted:

Finally getting around to playing this, any tips I should know going in? I know I shouldn't spend too much time in Chapter 2 since you unlock a bunch of stuff in Chapter 3 but what else?

You don't have to do this for every person but if it seems like you're facing a person whose stars don't move up, deliver one delivery at a time to them (you usually won't get a lot of deliveries at once for these people anyway, but if you do, or you find lost cargo, stuff it in a private locker, and then deliver one at a time), rest, read their email, and then deliver another package, and repeat. For most of these people once you connect them to chiral network after enough rests they'll send you an email asking to join UCA even if you haven't done any more deliveries. At this point you can just deliver to them like normal.

There's no penalty for dropping things to easy other than reloading a save and for some of the boss fights I honestly wish I did it.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Has anyone tried visiting those craters where Middle Knot and Central Knot used to be? What happens if you do

night slime
May 14, 2014

WaltherFeng posted:

Has anyone tried visiting those craters where Middle Knot and Central Knot used to be? What happens if you do

One is surrounded by tar and I think the other is just invisible walled.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Started a second play through on hard this time.

Can I accept a LoL premium mission, switch to easy while traveling and back to hard to turn it in?

Timefall on hard mode is kicking my (package's) rear end.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Nope

Premium delivery is pretty easy tho

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Rascyc posted:

Are you turning it in at the right place? It's not the distro center but the lab building thingy further in the city.

… Well it's official. I am dumb.

Thank you, will try that tonight!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Watching a MGS V playthrough, drat I wish this game was in the Fox Engine.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Timefall on hard mode is kicking my (package's) rear end.

actually timefall won't damage your cargo, only the container

of course if your container is ruined the cargo itself will take a ton of damage if Sam biffs it or drives a motorcycle off a sheer cliff

in summary Do Not Fall Down

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Rick posted:

Watching a MGS V playthrough, drat I wish this game was in the Fox Engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFuE00MLHNQ
Shameless plug: me and my favorite self-made game, jousting with tanks

Back Up Back Down Extreme

Guns and grenades only

Only allowed to fire on horseback, galloping

Never got around to making second half of video, which involved throwing grenades at tanks on horseback. The last 3 tanks are extra armored

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Monkey Fracas posted:

actually timefall won't damage your cargo, only the container

of course if your container is ruined the cargo itself will take a ton of damage if Sam biffs it or drives a motorcycle off a sheer cliff

in summary Do Not Fall Down

Yea container damage really means fuckall in the end result as long as you don't trip over yourself. It does make it super easy to damage the cargo so it's important there.

The eastern mountain side by the first prepper (the path down to the MULE camp) is such a pain in the rear end. I had a great time last night walking up it because I saw quite a few lost cargo spawn in the air and start falling down the mountainside as I assume other players were falling and dying.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I've been going really slow and man. This game owns. Like the pacing of doling out new challenges/environments is loving perfect.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I finally finished and can read all the black bars. Game good, deliveries were fun until I started getting burned out so I just pushed through to the end. I tried really hard not to spoil myself so I was loving laughing when I saw loving Conan with a cameo. But like a Kojima joint, not sure if I fully get everything but I enjoyed the ride.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fhqwhgads posted:

I finally finished and can read all the black bars. Game good, deliveries were fun until I started getting burned out so I just pushed through to the end. I tried really hard not to spoil myself so I was loving laughing when I saw loving Conan with a cameo. But like a Kojima joint, not sure if I fully get everything but I enjoyed the ride.

https://youtu.be/KlMpN26ts7s

He went to Kojima studios and filmed it.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Romes128 posted:

https://youtu.be/KlMpN26ts7s

He went to Kojima studios and filmed it.

That's awesome.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess I should avoid sprinting unless necessary since it drains stamina?

By the way does it matter if a container is damaged as long as the contents aren't?

EDIT: Do the piss mushrooms do anything?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 17, 2019

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

RatHat posted:

I guess I should avoid sprinting unless necessary since it drains stamina?

By the way does it matter if a container is damaged as long as the contents aren't?

EDIT: Do the piss mushrooms do anything?

Sprint everywhere unless the geography dictates otherwise. Drink monster and destroy your kidneys.

Container damage does not account for total damage of cargo delivered

Piss mushrooms create crypto bite farms

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

DalaranJ posted:

It does not. Auto pavers only show up on the map once you’ve scanned them. You’re probably missing 15, 16 and/or 17 which are in mule territory.

Two points:

A) You were right! I will accept being wrong and thank you for pointing it out.

B) I was missing 11, 12, and 13, which are north of the terrorist area between the incinerator and distro center. I kept hauling through the terrorists and not going to the pass to the north, thereby missing them with my scans.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It's important to piss on conan the otter guy's doorstep

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Did anyone else notice Sam has the Q-pid in some cutscenes before he gets it in the story? Specifically during his "death" in the first Voidout(not even gonna spoiler this because it's Chapter 1). I guess some events in the story got shuffled around during development.

By the way is chugging Monster the only way to temporarily increase your stamina?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Hot springs are amazing for your stamina

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

RatHat posted:

Did anyone else notice Sam has the Q-pid in some cutscenes before he gets it in the story? Specifically during his "death" in the first Voidout(not even gonna spoiler this because it's Chapter 1). I guess some events in the story got shuffled around during development.

By the way is chugging Monster the only way to temporarily increase your stamina?

Yeah that confused me too, and had me second guessing myself trying to figure out if the game started in media res or something.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

RatHat posted:

That's mostly a case of having the e3 reveal trailer re-inserted into the game, he's also wearing the cufflink during it. Arguable that in-universe that scene isn't real and actually caused by the nightmares/hallucinations that DOOMS sufferers have.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Didn't they say that the beach was outside time or something?

That's how I explained it to myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Thanks to Rascyc I wrapped this up last night. Confirmed my initial opinion that this game is essentially like watching a season of a "prestige" series like GoT or Westworld where some of the episodes are interactive.

(Insert Likes chirping noise here.)