Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

MR. J posted:

Dentist.
Out of respect, you should use his full name and title: Dr. Dark Falz, DMD.

It was a lot of work body-snatching someone who had completed the rigors of space dental school.

Surprise Noodle fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I still want to know what Doctor Ghidoras is licensed in and who even gave one to a train chimera.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
Ghidoras just has a PhD in civil engineering.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
https://twitter.com/NextTimePSO2/status/1189558727537496072
boost week, with pso2 day on Friday for more boost

I know there's a lot going on in other games at the moment, but shrug, this is a lot of exp to get somebody caught up in levels before Eva collab stuff on November 20th; which for now, in terms of quest-related content, looks like just an AIS Vega emergency quest; so your gear will not matter for it at all

The next Developer stream will be taking a new format, and will be streamed directly to youtube (and parascope) on November 5th:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P87yKUh-lg

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 30, 2019

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-plus-1-recap/ here's a recap of that developer stream

https://www.bumped.org/psublog/road-to-etoile/ the Road to Etoile campaign that started today

The latest opening video thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0acQz4-IPI

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So uh... I’m actually kind of enjoying the new anime. It’s basically just the episode 1/2/3 story but streamlined and with a slightly darker/bloodierpresentation. It’s not Shakespeare but it’s a decent enough way to waste 20 minutes every week.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

So uh... I’m actually kind of enjoying the new anime. It’s basically just the episode 1/2/3 story but streamlined and with a slightly darker/bloodierpresentation. It’s not Shakespeare but it’s a decent enough way to waste 20 minutes every week.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Can't wait for the EQ that uses that music.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I'm enjoying it too, I like how they are including things that were added to the story later on like having Alma in the flashback about Elder and showing Stratos being saved in the arks ship attack.

rip weapon exchange man

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

InspectorCarbonara posted:

rip weapon exchange man

He got what was coming to him.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

rip weapon exchange man
He'll walk it off

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I put together a guide for the Ramiel Emergency Quest; AIS-only fights like this are typically balanced with less wiggle room; so once Ultra Hard gets added to it in a couple days, we may need more of the multiparty to know what's going on.
https://imgur.com/a/vw6hwmJ

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Has there been any word from Microsoft, or anybody else since July?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Nope

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
there was this interview with a sega of Japan executive and a Japanese microsoft rep from late July: https://www.gamebusiness.jp/article/2019/07/22/15987.html

it sounds mostly like "we were looking to move the game servers from in-house machines to cloud-based servers, we checked out AWS and Google cloud, but then microsoft came knocking because they wanted something to get their cloud computing service on the map. since they also do windows and xbox we figured to go with them so we could probably bring pso2 to xbox platforms along the way"

there's a very concerning part in there that reads like "yeah so we thought our 'play to win' structure would be fine for western audiences, but microsoft is telling us western players would be mad if they can't pump in money and get direct power for it? lmao" :whitewater:

otherwise that article seems to say they've done some form of testing already by that point; both with the idea of moving the Japanese pso2 servers onto Microsoft Azure, and apparently some tests with western audiences? I mean microsoft probably has a bunch of randos on call for that kind of thing shrug

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
To be fair, those dark times where you had to be premium in order to buy high end gear...

That's about as close to "pay for power" as the game got. Yeah there was a bit of nuance to it, but at some point in the process you needed to have premium status active.

MR. J fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Dec 5, 2019

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
To me the entire thing seems like an afterthought - not sure what it means for the release itself yet...

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Anyway, Étoile arrives on the 18th; here's an article that covers some of what it does:
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/etoile-strikes-pso2-on-december-18th/

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I will never get tired of the bone suit.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Signups for the Xbox One US closed beta test are now OPEN on http://www.pso2.com/ Darkers are Falspawn and the website claims the game will be launching with nine classes, so probably no Hr/Ph/Et. The Windows 10 version is scheduled for "later in 2020".

Happening status: it's

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Dabir posted:

Signups for the Xbox One US closed beta test are now OPEN on http://www.pso2.com/ Darkers are Falspawn and the website claims the game will be launching with nine classes, so probably no Hr/Ph/Et. The Windows 10 version is scheduled for "later in 2020".

Happening status: it's
I'm so curious about how they are going to handle the content for this release.
I don't think there's any way it launches with episode 6 and launching with episode 4 or 5 content would be weird since from what I recall if you start a character during any of those it just drops you in the middle of the story and you have to make progress in ep5 before you can do the episode 1-3 recaps.
So would the release be like how the game was at episode 3 (since it mentions the nine classes and four races) and then everyone playing the US version has to go through the matterboard and wait ages for the episode 4/5/6 content to get added?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm so curious about how they are going to handle the content for this release.
I don't think there's any way it launches with episode 6 and launching with episode 4 or 5 content would be weird since from what I recall if you start a character during any of those it just drops you in the middle of the story and you have to make progress in ep5 before you can do the episode 1-3 recaps.
So would the release be like how the game was at episode 3 (since it mentions the nine classes and four races) and then everyone playing the US version has to go through the matterboard and wait ages for the episode 4/5/6 content to get added?

The ninth class is Summoner, so ep4. Ep4 was originally intended to be an easy in for people who'd been brought in by the anime, so if you haven't played before it gets you up to speed on what's happened so far. That would be a good starting point. I believe you can do the ep1/2/3 recaps without having to progress in ep5 now, you just won't get the scenes with Alma at first.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I still can't believe this is happening.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Dabir posted:

The ninth class is Summoner, so ep4. Ep4 was originally intended to be an easy in for people who'd been brought in by the anime, so if you haven't played before it gets you up to speed on what's happened so far. That would be a good starting point. I believe you can do the ep1/2/3 recaps without having to progress in ep5 now, you just won't get the scenes with Alma at first.
Oh yeah, I forgot about summoner.
Man, ep4 is gonna be a hell of a first impression for people playing this who liked the original PSO and haven't followed PSO2 at all.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Man, that's right after TACO-Tuesday became a thing isn't it?

... How do we not have an actual :itshappening:?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I mean, successor classes need you to reach level 75 in two classes before you can use them, so they're probably just not going to advertise them as available out of the gate.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Xbox, snap my collection of rare weapons in half

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I see nothing about account transferring from the JP servers to english so I guess Santabot is staying a JP exclusive

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
I'm still pretty unsure if I want to bother waiting and starting over or just keep quietly playing the japanese version, not that I have that much time to play anymore anyway.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just hoping they don't do an IP blanket ban on everyone from the west like they did for other regions once they got their own servers.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

just so ya'll are aware I'm one of the fan translators who works on the en patch and we plan to keep going as long as we can, so it should always be an option

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just hoping they don't do an IP blanket ban on everyone from the west like they did for other regions once they got their own servers.
I'm going to assume they will, because even though Sega might not want to destroy ship2's population, Microsoft would probably very much like you to play on the servers they're spending money setting up.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
the other IP blocks were done as part of agreements with the various other companies that ran the other servers; it all depends on if microsoft wants it too I guess.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
All 13-star weapons are now buyable off the player market. If you're one of those unlucky persons still struggling to make an Atlas-Ex weapon, it's just gotten a lot easier! :toot:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

NextTime000 posted:

the other IP blocks were done as part of agreements with the various other companies that ran the other servers; it all depends on if microsoft wants it too I guess.
They almost certainly will. I can hear the boardroom exec now: "If we force them to not be able to play, they'll happily give us money to start all over from square one!"

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
If i remember right, the ip blocks were orchestrated by the sleazy companies running the SEA/China versions, not Sega. So I think it's totally up in the air.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I played this ever so briefly some years back but the translation patch was still pretty sparse at the time and the language barrier eventually got to me but I'm hella excited for an actual English release to actually get into the game proper.

Been playing some PSO and PSU lately as a nostalgia trip in the meantime. It's actually kind of crazy how well PSO has aged for being as old as it is, it still doesn't look bad at all.

Anyways I'm looking forward to immediately diving straight into Braver when I get to play this on PC. Finding it hard to decide between weebsticks or bows though because both options are very much my jam in games.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
as long as they have things up to date in terms of skill trees and such; doing both shouldn't be an issue.

katanas are great at punishing overaggressive enemies, bows have some fairly extreme range; and both have their ways of getting things done just as well

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
It's weird how SPACE MAGATSU DESTROYERS is a limited quest instead of emergency, does that mean when the event is over that quest is just gone?

also io stop

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I have stairs in my house or whatever I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
you found the discord url that's honestly the only thing I care about in terms of who gets in,

it's what happens after that, that determines if you stick around