Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Jenny did a script doctor video on it, and the main takeaway was it was really confusing and probably done by committee if I remember right.
Yeah, I saw that, and she’s right in that the nature of animation likely led to revisions happening as scenes were animated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

CmdrKing posted:

Meanwhile they've completely ignored Show Yourself, which might actually be better than any song in the original.
Elsa's singing Mastodon in the new one? Well now I have to see it

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
She didn't mention it in the video, but on Jenny's Twitter she shared a picture from the artbook that was apparently locked before the final movie lock. It seems to show that some months before release the ending was completely different. It explains weird ghosts like an awkward fast ending, no real ending song and the opening song ending on a note about their flag always standing tall, that definitely was supposedly to link up with them rebuilding the city at the end. I think Jenny's suggestion that a Disney exec saw it and freaked out about changing up the castle design when they're already working on Frozen stuff for the parks is right.

Overall, there's a lot of signs of rough design by committee and redos. For not nerd opinions, I saw it with family who all liked it (I thought it was fine but didn't connect well), but it definitely didn't have the same impact as the first. Not having a standout song is probably really hurting it. Some of that is just the surprise factor though. And it's still a huge Disney deal, just not an earthshaker like the first one.

Parakeet vs. Phone fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Dec 16, 2019

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Let It Go was always going to be a hard act to follow, and the fact we had two Elsa songs shows they were really hoping that lightning would strike twice with at least one.

(The best song is actually Kristoph’s :ssh:)

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
I certainly respect their boldness with Kristoph's song.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I came out of Frozen 2 pretty pleased with it. I was also never a fan of the first one so maybe it just pulled me in all the ways the first one couldn't. I even found I enjoyed pretty much all the songs more than anything in the first movie. I did feel they missed the mark when the credits rolled and it was Into The Unknown that was being covered like Let It Go. Like someone else said, Show Yourself felt much more like it belonged in that space.

Either way,

Pants Donkey posted:

(The best song is actually Kristoph’s :ssh:)

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

SpiritualDeath posted:

Elsa's singing Mastodon in the new one? Well now I have to see it

The bit in the trailers where Elsa is trying to run out to sea is actually from a sequence where she sings Blood and Thunder

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Depends how you count the remake of the Lion King I think. Either way it was still massive.

Yet despite this, the VFX studio who did all the visual effects for the film went under.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The two things that surprised me about Frozen 2 were how much lore and worldbuilding it threw at the audience (especially compared to the very simple first movie) and how the songs are a lot less fun. It ended up feeling like a sequel to a slightly different movie.
Gotta set up the first Disney+ streaming universe somehow.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

The bit in the trailers where Elsa is trying to run out to sea is actually from a sequence where she sings Blood and Thunder
Fans to Disney: #ReleaseTheMastodonCut

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Clerical Terrors posted:

"hbomberguy" is actually short for "Himbo Mberguy", please discuss.

Him, Bomber Guy?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The weirdest part of Frozen 2 was the plot hinging upon homeopathy.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Arcsquad12 posted:

Him, Bomber Guy?

Bomberguy is a Himbo. I don't make the rules.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

VanSandman posted:

Bomberguy is a Himbo. I don't make the rules.

I mean, who else among the "YouTuber whomst thread likes to talk about" has as much clear Himbo energy?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

hbomb is lanky and overthinks everything that’s literally the opposite of a himbo

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

My vote is the game grumps. Then Pat the nintendo man. Then Brendan Tenold.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

watho posted:

hbomb is lanky and overthinks everything that’s literally the opposite of a himbo

Do not be caged by regressive himbo-essentialism, they yearn to be free.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Clerical Terrors posted:

Do not be caged by regressive himbo-essentialism, they yearn to be free.

if we call everyone a himbo the sanctity of himbos will be compromised and the next thing you know people will be calling karl marx a himbo

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

hes fash and therefore trash but the golden one is a himbo

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Junpei Hyde posted:

hes fash and therefore trash but the golden one is a himbo

See this are kinds of unfortunate things you end up with.

Let Brian David Gilbert be a himbo. Do not give this to the fash.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

the golden one is like prime himbo, you can’t be a himbo if you aren’t dumb as poo poo

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

watho posted:

the golden one is like prime himbo, you can’t be a himbo if you aren’t dumb as poo poo

yeah but can they be dumb as poo poo in the ways that arent actively harmful

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

yeah but can they be dumb as poo poo in the ways that arent actively harmful

oh yeah for sure but you can’t be dumb as poo poo if you’re really good at media and political analysis

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

watho posted:

I think for some reason The Golden One's arm muscles draw away mass from his head. It's very odd.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Examples of himbos:

- Thor
- Goku
- Lion-O
- Booster Gold
- Jean-Pierre Polnareff
- Jack Skellington

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The Clark Kent persona is a himbo

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Maggie Mae Fish completes her trilogy on weird evangelical films with some more Kirk Cameron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XilvAwjjVCs

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

watho posted:

oh yeah for sure but you can’t be dumb as poo poo if you’re really good at media and political analysis

have you seen hbomb's posts in this thread

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Supersonic Shine posted:

Examples of himbos:

- Thor
- Goku
- Lion-O
- Booster Gold
- Jean-Pierre Polnareff
- Jack Skellington

Thr ultimate himbo is Kronk

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Roth posted:

Thr ultimate himbo is Kronk

Patrick Warburton characters are cheating, the dude is the Ultimate God Himbo

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

CYBEReris posted:

Patrick Warburton characters are cheating, the dude is the Ultimate God Himbo

Wrong. Whoever the hell this guy is, he's the Ultimate God Himbo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH_2Qskv6r0&t=8s

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

have you seen hbomb's posts in this thread

i saw his posts before he made the first measured response video, in any other thread they would be remarkably stupid but this thread is a special case

I’m not convinced it isn’t some cabin in the woods type thing

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I was a himbo but then I took hrt

watho
Aug 2, 2013

himbo reduction therapy

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

If not a himbo then what is Hbomb. What do you call a lanky man who's either so smart he knows how to look dumb or so dumb he accidentally looks smart.

My worldview is eroding.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
A dork, traditionally.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
None of the people who post in this thread are thembos. Bimbos and himbos have to be attractive and this thread is stupid and repellent.

Harrow posted:

Maggie Mae Fish completes her trilogy on weird evangelical films with some more Kirk Cameron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XilvAwjjVCs

Throw this on the ever-increasing pile of things that point to American conservative Christianity as having a stronger lineage from Byzantine imperial cults than the gospel of Jesus Christ.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Clerical Terrors posted:

If not a himbo then what is Hbomb. What do you call a lanky man who's either so smart he knows how to look dumb or so dumb he accidentally looks smart.

My worldview is eroding.

A nerd

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
You could also call him a geek.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Supersonic Shine posted:

None of the people who post in this thread are thembos. Bimbos and himbos have to be attractive and this thread is stupid and repellent.
:negative:

This guy ended up in my recommends, looking at the non-politics of CoD. Not saying a lot I haven't seen from people like Errant Signal on the topic but I like the way he puts together his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtCV421T52s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Logan Paul is a himbo.