Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Shame Boy posted:

he also makes... whatever the hell this is:

this looks like some 90s cd-rom multimedia experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Kins posted:

this looks like some 90s cd-rom multimedia experience

yeah one thing i noticed is he did that dad thing where he stopped trying or advancing as a person and froze in time the second he got married, and he got married in the 90's so all his art is either banal comics about family life or stuff that has a very distinct weird 90's aesthetic to it. i almost kinda like that about it tbh

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A currency about nothing.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Shame Boy posted:

there's also this one that's basically him explaining that his stupid digital rare art marketplace of choice is down and that's fine and normal and you should just be happy and accept it:

https://joechiappetta.blogspot.com/2019/10/cryptoart-shrugged-blockchain-delay-strategy.html
you left out the best part

quote:

CryptoArt Shrugged:
What To Do During Rare Digital Art Technical Difficulties
Imagine for a moment this scenario. The most amazing art the world may ever see has just been finished, and you're its proud creator. Anxious to release your work for sale as rare digital art, you head over to your favorite online art market to launch the artwork to the public... yet... something's wrong! The marketplace is supposed to be live but it's temporarily delayed. Or other unexpected technical difficulties--with your entire preferred blockchain--make it impossible to immediately release such precious art.

Would this now be the time to...
(a) Panic?
(b) Complain?
(c) Keep clicking buttons until your will be done?
(d) Leave this sketchy, experimental field forever?

The answer--probably--is actually (e), none of the above.

Therefore what should creators do when their preferred rare digital art gallery--in which they desperately want to release new artworks on--is having downtime or is delayed? The short answer is... something else. As with most things highly technical, new, and still evolving, proper development for mass consumption takes time and frequent revision. Rome was not built in a day.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

...! posted:

bitfinex sure does use some interesting arguments there, like "no one has the right to tell us not to run a fractional reserve" and "everyone who gets involved with cryptocurrency already understands that this poo poo is unregulated and that they could lose all their money at any time. that's just how poo poo works in cryptoland; don't try to hold us to a higher standard than that" :thunk:
part of is the fact this is a very preliminary stage, it's not a trial but rather a bunch of legal skirmishing meant to let bitfinex wriggle from under the oppressive boot of the ny attorney general so that they don't have to make any defenses on the merits

because there aren't any and if they don't stop it procedurally they are kind of super hosed

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
is this a homestuck clone because if so i'd love to know what it's called

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
is it rare digital art because it’s not well done?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

“rare digital art”

this guy was big into pepes, wasn’t he.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

i hope Shame Boy paid microtransactions for the images in his posts. a guy who repeatedly calls his own art rare seems like the guy who saw something he drew reposted once and went off the rails about it.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

im so confused by every part of this

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Boxturret posted:

immediately reminded me of this

https://youtu.be/bzeyRePOI5g

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Tag yourself, I am the hodl-meter

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

EorayMel posted:

Tag yourself, I am the hodl-meter

i had to watch that thing like 20 times to even see where that was

anyway, im the capacitor that shrivels away into an orange blob

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am definitely the minecraft king in full armour.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Boxturret posted:

:wrong:

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011
I still cant find the hodl meter. I'm the flashing bible.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Mammon Loves You posted:

I still cant find the hodl meter. I'm the flashing bible.

it pops up over that slider on the pink mass to the right

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
I'm the rare starchosen

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Midjack posted:

immediately reminded me of this

https://youtu.be/bzeyRePOI5g
'marf

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmN8UZEXwPo...

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

:wrong:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:agreed:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Paladinus posted:

I am definitely the minecraft king in full armour.

it's actually this blockchain art program he's really enthusiastic about where you have to buy each individual pixel with cryptocurrency so every image is as minimalist and blocky as it can possibly be

truly the future of art

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shame Boy posted:

it's actually this blockchain art program he's really enthusiastic about where you have to buy each individual pixel with cryptocurrency so every image is as minimalist and blocky as it can possibly be

truly the future of art

Man, and here I was thinking Star Citizen had already perfected selling pixels for money.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

truly the future of art
this actually sort of makes more sense than the actual blockchain art places he is on.

its DRM where the artist can create a limited number authorized copies of an art. this is of course unenforceable, doesnt need to be a blockchain, and doesnt gain the artist anything for use of the image. the whole thing is 'its rare so it must be valuable' but doesnt say why the artist cant just release more copies, a buyer releasing copies, or someone else relisting the image.

Midjack posted:

“rare digital art”

this guy was big into pepes, wasn’t he.
the place he sells his rare art does cite pepes and those cryptokitties

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

CampingCarl posted:

this actually sort of makes more sense than the actual blockchain art places he is on.

its DRM where the artist can create a limited number authorized copies of an art. this is of course unenforceable, doesnt need to be a blockchain, and doesnt gain the artist anything for use of the image. the whole thing is 'its rare so it must be valuable' but doesnt say why the artist cant just release more copies, a buyer releasing copies, or someone else relisting the image.

he made the mistake of saying the thing you're not supposed to say where he explains you're just buying cryptocurrency with a link to the jpg embedded in it, not the actual picture

his site seems to both love and hate all this, it's very weird

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Yo bro u still looking for some quick cash? U might be able to make anywhere from $5-$10 maybe even up to the $100s a day, with just a gaming CPU....VerusCoin....never heard of them but they are hard forking their algo....the Voskcoin YouTube channel just posted a step-by-step guide and all the links.....really all u need to do is download the veruscoin windows gui wallet from veruscoin.io and go ahead and create a native wallet launching the wallet app clicking -add coin, then select veruscoin from drop down menu, next screen is about which kinda veruscoin wallet u want....if u select native wallet, then you can also stake the veruscoin you mine, choose native by selecting the bottom left tab then click native.....its a fork of like komodo/zcash so it's gonna ask if it can fetch some basic blockchain parameters from zcash to update their chain....I just clicked yes...it synced and told me to restart the wallet app and boom the chains are downloading but more importantly you now have a receiving address for veruscoin.... Once u download the miner (3files,readme,exe,bat) you right click edit the start.bat file just copy your veruscoin addy into the address that's already in place

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
verus.exe

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

not_a_verus.exe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

not_a_verus.exe

...!
Oct 5, 2003

my_virus.txt.exe

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
come on fucker show me that price beginning with a "6" i'm ready

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

...! posted:

:siren: people living in areas with hyperinflating currencies are flocking to bitcoin in droves!! :smug:

btcsa 19 points 11 hours ago

I just got back from Argentina where I was there for a month traveling. I went with bitcoin to sell to fund my travels. Did not sell any.

I expected tons of people to be wanting bitcoin. It was not like that. Hardly anyone knew what it was, and the ones who did, were not keen to buy from me. Even when I offered it at a discount price, just so that I could get pesos to pay for things on my holiday, they were not interested. I joined facebook groups and chatted to people there who were mostly scammers looking for me to send bitcoin first....no person wanted to meet face to face for cash. I joined Telegram groups and those guys were more interested, but none of the guys I chatted to actually followed through. The best I could get was to have some of them suggest I just go and sell it on a bitcoin ATM. I did go and find an ATM, but was not able to sell bitcoin with it since it was not working properly.

Was a bit of a bummer for me, since I was really hoping to sell some bitcoin there to fund things.

Why has Bitcoin failed to become the #1 currency in Venezuela? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 6 hours ago by currency_use_case

the competition doesn't get any easier guys. The Bolivar is the easiest currency in the world to beat. Why hasn't Bitcoin or any other currency become #1 in Venezuela?

currency_use_case[S] 0 points 5 hours ago

"local bitcoins has good volume but it is used among the affluent that actually have money"

What if the non-affuent put just 1% of their monthly income into Bitcoin?

"Bolivars are so worthless that monthly wages would barely pay for fees to use bitcoin and people need to eat so they spend immediately."

That's a vicious circle that keeps the Bolivar going. A transition marketing campaign of people switching 1% of their monthly income to Bitcoin is an idea of something to do

"Bolivars are so worthless that monthly wages would barely pay for fees to use bitcoin"

With the amount they are saving in purchasing power, they could afford to pay a few cents USD in fees

castorfromtheva 1 point 5 hours ago

Because most people don't trust anything they don't understand. Which in case of bitcoin is maths in the first place.

BTC-brother2018 1 point 5 hours ago

They need to get the infrastructure in place so employers can start paying their workers in bitcoin.

currency_use_case[S] 2 points 5 hours ago

have to start gradually. Example , start offering paycheques in BTC (employees can elect if they want Bolivars or BTC)

shanita10 1 point 2 hours ago

Who says it hasn't ?

cointastical 1 point 2 hours ago

For a number of people in Venezuela, bitcoin is their #1 currency.

JosceOfGloucester 2 points 6 hours ago

Great question.

Mark_Bearredditor for 3 months 1 point 5 hours ago

I second this.

:thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk:
rofl

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Amethyst posted:

goon day sir i would like to buy one of your finest bits coin for $69,420

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Amethyst posted:

the price of bitcoin will never again go beneath $10,000 even if it does

moon moon

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Amethyst posted:

Speak for yourself. I happen to be 99% certain that not only will Bitcoin hit $100,000 within the next five years, it will get close within one year. Within five years we won't really be measuring its value in dollars anymore.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

bitcoins a long term investment. you should be expecting, nay hoping, for negative returns for at least 20 years

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Amethyst posted:

Done.

browsers castle
Dec 27, 2011
Its a pretty binary bet imo.

1000x or 0x. I'll take those odds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU