Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Groovelord Neato posted:

Logan Paul is a himbo.

Hey dude, you'd better step off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Jay calling The Mac Peter Billingsley in the latest BotW was great.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm still waiting for the Frozen/Persona crossover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dV0QOQdbsw

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Logan Paul is a himbo.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0TMNoaB6jg

Tim Rogers counts down the games of the decade, and I'm not sure how much of this video is him trying to make points and slash or do bits.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Honestly the following weeks will be easier if we restrict the Star Wars Discourse to arguing over who is the bigger himbo: Finn, Poe, or Lando.

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

BrianWilly posted:

It is literally impossible that the movie is done. If Snyder is telling you that his version of the Justice League is done then he is baldly lying through his teeth and that's not actually up for debate in the way that you seem to think it is, sorry.

Snyder left JL production five months before the movie was actually released. No blockbuster film is finished and watchable five months in advance. Who exactly do you think finished compositing the shots for Snyder's cut? Who finished texturing Cyborg's scenes in his version? Who did the color-grading for Flash's speed effects? Who finished all foley work and balanced the volume? You're telling me Snyder sat in front of his Macbook one day and did all the audio and visual FX for the film all by his lonesome? Bull-literal-poo poo and I genuinely worry about your intelligence if you believe that. Hundreds of artists work months after months to polish a film in the amount of time they have before release.

This is exactly what we mean when we say you have no idea how films are actually made. A film is not finished five months in advance and a director cannot finish it on his own. I don't know how to put it into smaller words than that and I think the internet at large is getting a bit tired of the fanatics who refuse to believe it. But no, of course it's everyone else who's ignoring the plain facts, you're totally the only ones who can see the obvious truth behind the lies, ha.
It's not quite impossible, there's always the possibility that Snyder somehow worked out access to the terabytes of 12 bit film scans that make up the raw footage and has independently financed completion by hiring effects studios between jobs. The Snyders do have that kind of cash, it wouldn't be shocking for Snyder's contracts to allow him a copy of all raw footage, and two years is long enough to piecemeal something minimum-viable-product together. It would be highly unusual, but not impossible.

I would assume that if the HBO Max rumours are true then that's more or less exactly what he's done, maybe pumped some of his own cash into finishing the movies as a fig leaf to Warners, and right now is trying to cut a deal with WB for them to pony up the rest of the cash to add polish. Once you consider that the rumoured HBO Max release is still five months away, there's more than enough time for that to happen. But that five months also means that unless some worker at WETA or ScanLine spills the beans there really isn't any way to prove that they didn't just get handed a bunch of shots in December that haven't been touched since 2017.

If that were the case, though, I don't know why Snyder wouldn't just say "yes, I have been personally hiring WETA to do additional effects for Justice League over the course of 2018 and 2019" because even if you're "not supposed to do that" because WB owns the movie, it makes him look like a badass rebel filmmaker dedicated to his Vision™ and no one in the audience is going to give a crap about "supposed to." And, as 2019 has shown us all, rules are fake.

As far as Snyder "not knowing how to make movies", aside from the obvious hyperbole there is an element of fact to it.

He has been demonstrably bad at understanding the market that he's making movies for, selling WB and audiences on his vision, and staying within the constraints of the job. He's been asked to do a two page book report on The Dark Knight Returns and has turned in an encyclopedia-length AU fanfic instead. Like, Zack firing back that the three and a half hour cut "was not the assembly cut" isn't in his favour. My dude, Zack, that's just showing you didn't read the assignment. He's the guy in debate who thinks time limits shouldn't apply to him because his ideas are just that good, which, as with all guys who think that, they never are. While I respect the sheer cojones involved in taking hundreds of millions of dollars and making a weirdly revealing, incredibly self-indulgent piece of film out of it, it's not the job he was given.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Pants Donkey posted:

Honestly the following weeks will be easier if we restrict the Star Wars Discourse to arguing over who is the bigger himbo: Finn, Poe, or Lando.

I vote Finn.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

gotta be Poe, Lando had a lot of smarts and Finn doesn't strike me as dumb. Poe though...

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Dabir posted:

gotta be Poe, Lando had a lot of smarts and Finn doesn't strike me as dumb. Poe though...

Poe at the beginning of TLJ, Finn at the end of TLJ.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I Before E posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0TMNoaB6jg

Tim Rogers counts down the games of the decade, and I'm not sure how much of this video is him trying to make points and slash or do bits.

Tim Rogers is extremely, sometimes painfully sincere. I think part of the reason I love his videos is just how sincere he is about the things he loves and also how often he weaves in stories from his life that just sort of ring true and makes me feel that sort of shared "aww man, life is sad sometimes and we all feel sad sometimes" feeling.

This video might well be him at his most depressive though. I don't know what "doing okay" means for Tim Rogers but I hope he's doing okay.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Harrow posted:

Tim Rogers is extremely, sometimes painfully sincere. I think part of the reason I love his videos is just how sincere he is about the things he loves and also how often he weaves in stories from his life that just sort of ring true and makes me feel that sort of shared "yeah man life is sad sometimes" feeling.

This video might well be him at his most depressive though. I don't know what "doing okay" means for Tim Rogers but I hope he's doing okay.

There's being sincere and there's having Flappy Bird on a Game Of The Decade list

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

At this point I think he means it, for better or for worse.

Though I also only barely understand the criteria he used to pick the list anyway.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

I Before E posted:

There's being sincere and there's having Flappy Bird on a Game Of The Decade list

I really don’t see how that’s super controversial

FoldableHuman
Mar 26, 2017

I Before E posted:

For better or worse it is one of the most important games of the decade in the same way Beanie Babies are one of the most important toys of the 90s.

CmdrKing
Oct 14, 2012

Maybe if I called it 'Interpretive Stabbing'...
Poe gives off the impression of deliberately cultivating a himbo image, like he's evaluated all his options in every situation and decided gently caress it, I'm doing the COOL one.

Finn may or may not be a legit himbo, it's hard to tell since he's deliberately thrown out of his depth as a matter of course.

I'm not sure how Lando is even an option, you take that back.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

let's just agree that this is the best starwars related thing ever made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9t-slLl30E

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

watho posted:

ill always have a softer spot for bushes of love myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RySHDUU2juM

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Examples of himbos:

- Thor
- Goku
- Lion-O
- Booster Gold
- Jean-Pierre Polnareff
- Jack Skellington

How the gently caress is Polnareff here but Joseph Joestar isn’t. Being a himbo is his entire fighting style.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

LeafyOrb posted:

How the gently caress is Polnareff here but Joseph Joestar isn’t. Being a himbo is his entire fighting style.

joseph has more brain cells than most of the other jojos combined he doesnt count

Jonathan is the premium himbo because the boy is 1. dummy thick 2. good hearted 3. dumb as poo poo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Yeah, on the himbo - stone cold motherfucker axis, both Joseph and Johnny are at one end and jonathan and Josuke are at the other.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

dmboogie posted:

joseph has more brain cells than most of the other jojos combined he doesnt count

Jonathan is the premium himbo because the boy is 1. dummy thick 2. good hearted 3. dumb as poo poo

Joseph is the perfect carny: just clever and confident enough that he can overlook how much of a dumbass he is. He's the Chaotic Himbo to Jonathan's Lawful Himbo

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
A real himbo wouldn't cheat on his wife!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

YggiDee posted:

A real himbo wouldn't cheat on his wife!

a real himbo wouldn’t get married in the first place

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Joseph is weird because his whole thing is tricking 1000 year old Aztec fitness gods to death, but when the very same Aztec fitness gods placed their wedding rings of death around his blood vessels, one of his complaints was that bigamy was illegal where he came from.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Joseph's true power is he can fool everyone into thinking he's a himbo so they don't see it coming when he completely improvises a reversal.

FoldableHuman posted:

For better or worse it is one of the most important games of the decade in the same way Beanie Babies are one of the most important toys of the 90s.

Wasn't Flappy Bird just a reskin of the classic helicopter game?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I forget if the latest Summoning Salt video was posted to this thread, but here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtDUnJCoTb8

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

watho posted:

I clicked this expecting the Kinect Star Wars dancing sections, and was deeply disappointed. :colbert:

Supersonic Shine posted:

I forget if the latest Summoning Salt video was posted to this thread, but here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtDUnJCoTb8

I love long analyses/recaps of speedruns, so I'll have to give this a watch later

In the same vein as Summoning Salt, there's Karl Jobst, who's channel I found recently. He's done a quite a few videos on speed running techniques and records set in FPS games. I liked this one on Quake, where he gets into the details of how the speedrun of E1M1 developed over the years.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
so uh, apparently there's chatter that pewdiepie's house got robbed and he's deleting his twitter and youtube in response?????

what the hell did the thief steal? an annotated version of mein kampf??

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Supersonic Shine posted:

Never heard of the guy, thanks for the rec!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

A big flaming stink posted:

so uh, apparently there's chatter that pewdiepie's house got robbed and he's deleting his twitter and youtube in response?????

It should always be stated that it was his second or third house that got burgled, I can’t quite remember. A vacation home they recently bought in japan none the less. I genuinely hope literally everything in it got taken

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
ColdCrashPictures watches all 15 Showa Godzilla films at the same time, and manages to make a few interesting observations along the way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ4EEyFP83A

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Oh please, that would just cement his popularity with his established fanbase.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1206632400060473346

He is so tired. Poor Felix. He cannot even raise his hand to sieg hei... er... brofist.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

gently caress that guy. He’s made more nazis than the Somme.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1206632400060473346

He is so tired. Poor Felix. He cannot even raise his hand to sieg hei... er... brofist.

I'm sure his parents can set him up with a nice sinecure.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm sure his parents can set him up with a nice sinecure.

Well, at least another one, anyway.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Supersonic Shine posted:

He made a second upload!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvET7oMUY9o

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

It rather felt like the whole Pewdiepie vs T-Series thing (which...god, was poo poo. Not to mention having a bit of a hint of the ol' racism about it, let's face it. Hey, let's help this rich guy have more money than before by subscribing to him so he can beat this bunch of bloody Indians!) was his last stab at any serious relevancy, while other big YouTubers are kinda doing more in his position than he could ever really be arsed to do.

Frankly I hope it's permanent so that I don't have to worry about my business getting completely arsed up thanks to the actions of one idiot of a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Remember when he said he was gonna delete his channel as a publicity stunt?