Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ok I'll shake off some rust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

Ok I'll shake off some rust.

jacknicholsonnod.gifv

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

jacknicholsonnod.gifv

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I was summoned back to this game

I’m ready to beat my wife and shoot minorities

lament.cfg fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 17, 2019

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Paul ReiserFS posted:

I was summoned back to this game but it looks full

you would be 16 and fill it

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

you would be 16 and fill it

How dare you break the thin blue line of my edit

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh are we making cop jokes? Hell yes

I can’t wait to “forget” to read someone their Miranda rights, or get acquitted for murder because the town I police in can’t afford a multi-million dollar settlement out of their insurance.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
What are these Miranda rights you speak of, are you some sort of big city pinko commie?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Look, I get that all of us will be nominally cops in this game, but also all of us, whether as a mob or night-killers, will also be killing cops and I choose to focus on that bit.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Dancer posted:

Look, I get that all of us will be nominally cops in this game, but also all of us, whether as a mob or night-killers, will also be killing cops and I choose to focus on that bit.

especially if you self-vig

:mrgw:

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
I AM the law

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Paul ReiserFS posted:

I was summoned back to this game

I’m ready to beat my wife and shoot minorities

And this makes 16. Feel free to continue shitposting having a wonderful dialog until roles go out - probably sometime tomorrow.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Looking forward to D1 Podima turbo

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mikujin posted:

And this makes 16. Feel free to continue shitposting having a wonderful dialog until roles go out - probably sometime tomorrow.

GAME WHEN

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay

Podima posted:

GAME WHEN

March

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Power was out for a few hours this afternoon and I've had to catch up on work - I'm still planning on getting PMs out within the next hour or so since they were all prepped in advance. :cheers:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

it's Avengers all over again

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
Oh sweet! I'm the cop!

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Work done. Game time. Locking the thread while role PMs go out.

Also: discord link in the OP, you should join it to make my life easier.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

The coffee is lukewarm, and the donuts are stale. It's just another day for the members of the Metro City PD. Or, at least you'd like for it to be. The announcement just went out:

Officer Ricky (Plot Device), member of The Boys in Blue was placed on Administrative Leave!

Example Flip posted:

• No Distinguishing Features: Ricky was a pretty unremarkable officer.
  • ... No, really: Most people didn't even know he existed.

Those guys from the Internal Affairs team must've had something to do with this. Everyone knows they're dirty - that they work for the lowest of the low. Better keep your head down while you figure out who these guys are...

The game is officially open. The first deadline will be set 4 days from today - Saturday Dec. 21 @ 11:59 (CST).

If anyone has questions, or if you are missing anything from your role PM, please let me know. I'm always available on Discord - or you can PM me on SA.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Got my role PM, time to hunt down those IA rats and get them out of our station.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I am a reverse miller.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Now listen up, God Damnit. We've got a dirty rep. And as your Chief of Police, I'm here to make sure you shmucks dont gently caress it up and make a bigger embarrassment of us than we already are.

Now you may not like me, and I don't give a good god drat if you don't, i know you don't, im your lovely rear end boss who denies your raises and makes you work that christmas you had with your kids... i dont want to hear it, but the upper rank is breathing down my neck about how our precinct is the most corrupt, and bumbling organization this side of the Algonquin.

Don't make me pull your card, i will put you on administrative leave if you're not delivering results. We're all on thin ice here, but we've got a job to do. Make people remember all cops aren't bad. That you're a living, breathing witless dunce like every body else. Now get out there and do your job. If you gently caress up, I'm pulling your badge.

*slams door and immediately dives into too much paper work*

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

youre not the chief of police.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
*Flicks doughnut powder off shoulder.*

Let's do this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
(ooc: I'm police chief so you may refer to me as Chief Torres. I'm 56, twice divorced, my son and his husband won't talk to me, and my daughter thinks I'm a get out of jail free card. I'm emotionally unavailable and have an inkling of a pill problem that my new wife doesn't care enough to voice concern about, but has definitely taken note.)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I’m town for the first time in literally at least 6 years woohoo

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

he's not the chief of police.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

youre not the chief of police.

"Listen up hot shot, you may not like it but facts are facts. Case work, get to it." *shoves a random folder from your desk into your chest while sipping burnt coffee. I grimace at the taste and mutter something unpleasant under my foul breath about it.*

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

GulagDolls posted:

I am a reverse miller.

So you’re a godfather? :bustem:

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Paul ReiserFS posted:

So you’re a godfather? :bustem:

Sound logic.

##vote gulagdolls

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

"Listen up hot shot, you may not like it but facts are facts. Case work, get to it." *shoves a random folder from your desk into your chest while sipping burnt coffee. I grimace at the taste and mutter something unpleasant under my foul breath about it.*

ummm, ok, except, yeah, no, since you're not the chief of police.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

Only I am the chief of police.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GulagDolls posted:

umm do we have a counterclaim in the first like 5 minutes of the game?

no. this is just classic gulag bullshit.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

if AA is just going to troll this game then I don't see the point of going any further.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Gulag stop whatever bullshit your trying to pull, or i will put you on administrative leave. I hope im making myself clear.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I swear to god, rookie. I will bench you and have your rear end back in basic training so fast, it'll make your drat head spin.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
my night 0 action worked. im cop ##vote breadstick

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ok if you really like this "ghurrr monkey cheese im the police chief :supaburn:" gimmick so much then continue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*scratches notes of insubordination in det. Gulag's file, recommends a dock in pay*