Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Endorph posted:

"Like, totally arr cap'n!"
"Okay, look. Valley girl or pirate. PICK ONE."

I forgot how much I missed the Blazblue dub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ROFL Octopus posted:

I forgot how much I missed the Blazblue dub

hands off the panda

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Your breasts are illegal

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Why are you wearing butt floss

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I don't use Tao in any of the BB games, but the lack of her and her goofy nicknames for everyone is the most missed thing about cross tag.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ragna was remarkably well adjusted for being a weird half vampire and having a psychotic brother.

Still, my main memory of BlazBlue was unlocking art of Taokaka because I liked the character and how she played, coming from Millia in GG.

It was basically a big panty shot.

I recall one of her story mode portraits was one as well. I am not sure. No I will not look it up.

Yes officer I will go quietly.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 17, 2019

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
He was only a vampire in some of the time loops, actually.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Unlucky7 posted:

Ragna was remarkably well adjusted for being a weird half vampire and having a psychotic brother.

Still, my main memory of BlazBlue was unlocking art of Taokaka because I liked the character and how she played, coming from Millia in GG.

I recall one of her story mode portraits was one as well. I am not sure. No I will not look it up.

Yes officer I will go quietly.

Check out the Gallery in Chronophantasma

Let’s just say the abbreviation CP is quite accurate!

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

aren't you the arcana heart guy

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Crocoswine posted:

aren't you the arcana heart guy

Hey I’m not excluding Arcana Heart from this discussion!

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

Gutcruncher posted:

Check out the Gallery in Chronophantasma

Let’s just say the abbreviation CP is quite accurate!

I bought the big dumb special edition because it was somehow cheaper than a normal copy on Amazon. I do not plan on cracking open the art book again.
God, I remember cruising around on the Higher Voltage forum when the first one was coming out and someone sharing the promotional phone cards for the game, and it was all weird cheesecake stuff, including Rachel.
And also the art gallery of the first one, the artist commenting on art of Noel by other people and being angry that they would draw her with breasts bigger than he would.
Christ, DOA really is somehow the least horny of fighters. The least problematic anyways, at least they're straight up "Hell yeah hot chicks and a few hot dudes!" and not "PLEASE DO NOT ENGAGE IN MAKING MY CHARACTER LOOKING MORE PHYSICALLY DEVELOPED!" Well besides that one character. Just the one though.
All fighting games are bad in that way and I guess I need to just get over it.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Dec 17, 2019

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
DOA6 update is out today.

-Rachel from Ninja Gaiden is back
-More interestingly, every character has a new fatal stun move -
https://twitter.com/TeamVenom_Rules/status/1206960539991195649?s=20
https://twitter.com/SilverForte1/status/1206786135248257025?s=20

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hOw much does frame data cost?

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

If I buy a physical copy of DOA6, how much DLC do I need to buy to have a full roster? I don't care about costumes.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Frame data is free in DOA land, but DLC characters are 6 dollars each.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Extra Large Marge posted:

Frame data is free in DOA land,

not interested then

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

In Training posted:

not interested then

Only premium frame data for you?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
DOA's free frame data is made possible due to subsidies funded by digital bikini sales. This is economics 101.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

HerniaFlange posted:

If I buy a physical copy of DOA6, how much DLC do I need to buy to have a full roster? I don't care about costumes.

6 dlc characters that are about 5 or 6 bucks each.

Edit: 4 of them are 6 bucks and 2 of them are 4 bucks.

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 17, 2019

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

How much for the microfloss outfits i need them to be dressed canonically

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

6 dlc characters that are about 5 or 6 bucks each.

Edit: 4 of them are 6 bucks and 2 of them are 4 bucks.

So with the $20 I paid for a new copy, and $32 for the DLC characters without costumes, it's $52 for a complete (gameplay-wise) version of the game up to this point. Could be worse I guess, could have paid $60 for the game itself when it came out.
EDIT: Wait, Kula and Mai are $8 each, so $36 for the DLC characters.

VVV Why is Tao wearing her big paw coat thing in the water? And her boots? They're gonna get all soggy. :(

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Dec 17, 2019

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Unlucky7 posted:

this shouldn't really have been a surprise considering how many of her moves ingame are also panty shots

taokaka is just a goofy catgirl so horny taokaka art is not really a problem like horny rachel art. or the intro to CS where there's an upskirt of Platinum, who is just very obviously a child no matter how you slice it

e: I just remembered this Bang(and tao) artwork where they gave him a glorious fabio-esque mane. with some bonus jacked nameless ninja underlings frolicking in the background.

horny bang artwork is truly the most valid of all bb artwork

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 17, 2019

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Man so I bought a Qanba Drone and it feels a lot better than using a controller. I was having a big problem loving up directional inputs with my XBox controller, with both the d-pad and the analog stick, and the arcade stick makes it so much easier. Gotta get used to the buttons now.

Welp that's my story

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
upgrade the trash OEM parts with sanwa

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

horny bang artwork is truly the most valid of all bb artwork
Making his Install into his distortion was a mistake.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.pixnlovepublishing.com/game-series/872-samurai-shodown-switch-shockbox-gold-edition.html

samsho switch is getting a pretty sick physical release

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 18, 2019

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

The artbook looks better than the one that came with the JP PS4 ones. Also the NGP game. All in all, a nice SE.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's hosed up that doa has good actual normal(ish in some cases) clothing designs but they never add more of those.

Learn from SF5 Eastern European Edition.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

It's hosed up that doa has good actual normal(ish in some cases) clothing designs but they never add more of those.

Learn from SF5 Eastern European Edition.
honestly a lot of the dlc outfits are pretty good casual outfits, marie rose gets some cool hoodies

Hormples
May 3, 2002

ARRGHH!!
MY BONES!!

HerniaFlange posted:

God, I remember cruising around on the Higher Voltage forum

Wow, is that place still around in any form?

I used to post there literally 20 years ago :negative:

Hormples fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 18, 2019

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I'm not sure if there's a better thread but I figure this is my best shot: Does a guide to iframes in devil may cry exist anywhere?

I've always been super curious about this. Like, I know the basic stuff like rolls and jumps or certain moves like shuffle being invincible but I don't think I've ever seen anyone just list out which frames of which moves are invincible. Or even a list of how long through the animation moves are invincible for.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Hormples posted:

Looks like it finally went down in 2017. I remember peaking in during the SFV demo and it was pretty dead.

http://cardinalperception.com/mb/

Also I like when people use Negative Man and I quote them and it's like father and son meeting up.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Wrist Watch posted:

I'm not sure if there's a better thread but I figure this is my best shot: Does a guide to iframes in devil may cry exist anywhere?

I've always been super curious about this. Like, I know the basic stuff like rolls and jumps or certain moves like shuffle being invincible but I don't think I've ever seen anyone just list out which frames of which moves are invincible. Or even a list of how long through the animation moves are invincible for.

TBH the speedrunning communities for those games are likely the ones with that info.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Hormples posted:

Oh man, I used to post on there, Orochinagi/SRK/etc. all the time. I think everyone's old posts still exist on SRK if you Google the username too even if they're not in the new forum database.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Oof, Street Fighter V's story mode is so bad I almost think it's an active detriment to the game.

At least Zangief, R. Mika, and FANG are amazing

The game itself is a lot more fun than the internet led me to believe, for sure, though

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 18, 2019

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

FrostyPox posted:

Oof, Street Fighter V's story mode is so bad I almost think it's an active detriment to the game.

At least Zangief, R. Mika, and FANG are amazing

The game itself is a lot more fun than the internet led me to believe, for sure, though

Word. I think it’s a perfectly fun fight mans, now that you can get nearly all the content for cheap.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The story has a 1:1 game play:loading ratio on console

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

As a Wan-Fu main in SamSho 2, he's everything I wanted in this game. "Let me SMASH MY HEAD INTO THIS PILLAR AND WFT YOU ALL DAY."

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
https://twitter.com/TheKeits/status/1207380216789848065

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

"Please consume 1 Pocky in front of the camera before playing your next match."
As long as we're making demands, tell them to bring back Men's Pocky, those ruled.