Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

someone put a knitted pullover on beebo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

nut posted:

someone put a knitted pullover on beebo

maybe we should do a whole thread for sweater avs and sigs

ty nesamdoom!

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I did a freehand at 180x180, the acrylic brush I use doesn't behave well under 4 so making the lines thinner wouldn't be doable since my entire style falls apart around this size. Not sure I'm happy with the spotting at all either but it's much better, at one first they looked like sweat stains and really fit the fat GBS goon stereotype, which I don't think is what you wanted.

sweat stain

I think the color pallet needs work. I could always straight lift the hex color codes from the Rick and Morty scene for accuracy paws probably need a rework too.

just realized I left feet pads out, and doing them I realized the right foot (his left) is pretty bad.

I think the body is good, I can rework the paws if this is what you're looking for.

oh I also think I cut off the bottom while making it somehow blah.

okay I'm not sure I like the claws

without claws

the hair feels unfinished too but I can't think of what it's missing.

e: missed a paint bucket

I think the hair is too big on the 2nd one. Let me know what you are looking for and I can tweak this pretty easy if you want this line style. I didn't leave a ton of room for dress up maybe I should shrink it more?

pixaal fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 7, 2019

sig by owlhawk911

El Spider

does the avatar archive site still exist?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Manifisto

El Spider posted:

does the avatar archive site still exist?

I think the various ones I know of got broke

but as u may or may not know there's a way to get old avatars if you know the address of the current one on the server, as discussed here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897964&pagenumber=1#post498053892

through some sorcery involving the wayback machine I was able to find the address of your old avs:

netting me:

ty nesamdoom!

El Spider

Manifisto posted:

I think the various ones I know of got broke

but as u may or may not know there's a way to get old avatars if you know the address of the current one on the server, as discussed here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897964&pagenumber=1#post498053892

through some sorcery involving the wayback machine I was able to find the address of your old avs:

netting me:

bless your soul, thank you

----------------

Goons Are Gifts

pixaal posted:

I did a freehand at 180x180, the acrylic brush I use doesn't behave well under 4 so making the lines thinner wouldn't be doable since my entire style falls apart around this size. Not sure I'm happy with the spotting at all either but it's much better, at one first they looked like sweat stains and really fit the fat GBS goon stereotype, which I don't think is what you wanted.

sweat stain

I think the color pallet needs work. I could always straight lift the hex color codes from the Rick and Morty scene for accuracy paws probably need a rework too.

just realized I left feet pads out, and doing them I realized the right foot (his left) is pretty bad.

I think the body is good, I can rework the paws if this is what you're looking for.

oh I also think I cut off the bottom while making it somehow blah.

okay I'm not sure I like the claws

without claws

the hair feels unfinished too but I can't think of what it's missing.

e: missed a paint bucket

I think the hair is too big on the 2nd one. Let me know what you are looking for and I can tweak this pretty easy if you want this line style. I didn't leave a ton of room for dress up maybe I should shrink it more?

I am really stunned by the effort you're putting in this!!
I like the concept, he looks so cute. It works quite ok in the size limits, too! If you'd like, I'd love to see him dressed up in a seasonal thing at some point.

If you're unhappy with the general limits of the av, feel free to make it bigger and as detailed as you'd like, because then I will so use him as my next winter sig!! So feel free to experiment around, if you want, I really appreciate it

pixaal

I put effort in because if someone is going to pay money to use it, it should be good.
Well do you care about things going out of frame? You'll have room for holding items if we shrink it a bit.

Not thrilled with the candy cane but here is a concept piece for an ugly Christmas sweater version

I have layers so it's pretty easy to add stuff and tweak it, and a resize for head room might be a good idea unless you don't want any hats, or don't mind a shrink just for hat versions.

oops had a stray line on the left (his right) arm from an ornament on the shirt that made it look like he had a tiny wrist

pixaal fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 8, 2019

sig by owlhawk911

Goons Are Gifts

Aww thst sweater though.

I don't really mind stuff going out of frame a bit, even Bebo's tail now is not fully in. However if we are talking hats here I don't mind a bit smaller av to fully embrace the hat, because hats are serious business.

pixaal

This has enough room to dress him in all sorts of things.

Hat

Sweater

I can't really get a good candy cane maybe someone else can provide one I can just jam into a layer.

Unless you see something I missed (which could easily have happened) it looks done, easy enough to tweak any individual part if you say don't like the choice of giving him hair.

I also keep seeing the balls on the sweater as chili peppers but I think that also adds to it being an ugly sweater.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 8, 2019

sig by owlhawk911

Manifisto

pixaal posted:

This has enough room to dress him in all sorts of things.

Hat

Sweater

I can't really get a good candy cane maybe someone else can provide one I can just jam into a layer.

Unless you see something I missed (which could easily have happened) it looks done, easy enough to tweak any individual part if you say don't like the choice of giving him hair.

I also keep seeing the balls on the sweater as chili peppers but I think that also adds to it being an ugly sweater.

these are extremely good

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

Manifisto posted:

these are extremely good

Goons Are Gifts

Thank you so much! I'll look into them from a bigger screen than my phone later and going to buy them!! :peanut:
You're a treasure

edit: ok I thought it was a quickly solved problem, but due to weird reasons I cannot buy anything currently, so instead I'll put the non-sweater one in my sig in the meantime and let it slowly develop into the sweater and full fashion christmas bebo with christmas approaching

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 16, 2019

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I have been mesmerized by hamjobs new av since she got it.

av by bee eater / nut

I've been wondering how many frames it has, so here are the individual frames:

Another deconstructed byob success story.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Barking Gecko posted:

I have been mesmerized by hamjobs new av since she got it.

av by bee eater / nut

I've been wondering how many frames it has, so here are the individual frames:

Another deconstructed byob success story.

this scratched an itch i didn't know i had

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Mario needs some Christmas cheer

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Please consider getting yourself an avatar to A) Give Lowtax a new spine or whatever his current booze grift is and 2) To contribute your avatar to the following shameless plug:

Nut Heather Papps Goons Are Great Kaiser Schnitzel Death Sext Alnilam
Snowy Barking Gecko Fleetwood Crack FluffieDuckie owlhawk911 Manifisto
SweetWillyRollbar Hamjobs Prepuce Repurposed City of Glompton Robot made of Meat Magic Cactus
Dope Fiend Killa GPixaal Mr. DickDads Dip CupMocking Quantum Vanisher Luvcow
and me, Pot Smoke Phoenix

Snowy's friend FluffieDuckie's friend Maggie: Death Sext's friends: Dope Fiend Killa G's friend Ziggy Mocking Quantum's friends Pot Smoke Phoenix's friend, Nimbus aka Nim-Nim aka Numbles aka -=(NIMBUSSS!!!)=- aka flying Num-Numz :rip: Alnilam's friend Tina Dick Dastardly's friend: Chewbacca, aka Chewy, aka Boopie, aka Boop, aka Bupu

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

nut

imagine lurking yob on and off for long time and taking this as a great opportunity 2 participate even just one post could spread that much mroe holiday cheer even if u dont want to post agin we r family

cda

by Hand Knit

Manifisto posted:

hey can you do the same for me. i tried it and found a couple but i had more than that and i don't know why they didn't show up. is it because they were uploaded directly by a mod/admin?

----------------

Manifisto

cda posted:

hey can you do the same for me. i tried it and found a couple but i had more than that and i don't know why they didn't show up. is it because they were uploaded directly by a mod/admin?

here's what corresponds to the av you currently have, parsing back through prior iterations (I assume this is what you found):

not sure why, but there do not seem to be any PNG or JPG images that conform to this template.

using the wayback machine trick I found:

which doesn't correspond to the naming convention where you can just increment/decrement the number, so there's no way to use it to get others

googling found me this version:

and that template helped me retrieve:

that's the best I've been able to do so far. if you're looking for an avatar you had at a particular time frame, it would help if you could find a post from you during that time frame, ideally a post on the first page of a thread (e.g. you're the op). the wayback machine is spotty about what it has snapshots of, for whatever reason this situation has more reliable results.

ty nesamdoom!

cda

by Hand Knit

Manifisto posted:

here's what corresponds to the av you currently have, parsing back through prior iterations (I assume this is what you found):

not sure why, but there do not seem to be any PNG or JPG images that conform to this template.

which doesn't correspond to the naming convention where you can just increment/decrement the number, so there's no way to use it to get others

that's the best I've been able to do so far. if you're looking for an avatar you had at a particular time frame, it would help if you could find a post from you during that time frame, ideally a post on the first page of a thread (e.g. you're the op). the wayback machine is spotty about what it has snapshots of, for whatever reason this situation has more reliable results.

The one I have now isn't "mine," it was the avatar of an old byob poster wwry (we will rock you) that i always coveted. I used it because I couldn't find the "sluggoreads.png" av that you managed to magic up...how did you do that? Anyway, I like the one I have now but one day I might want to go back to sluggo so thank you so much for finding it. This is what happens to your avs when you don't want to pay ten bucks and have friends in high places lol.

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
BYOB: Friends in High Places

----------------

Manifisto

since the trick might help somebody else, here it is. it's not fancy or anything, just a little time-consuming.

step 1 is to find a post from the user you want to retrieve the av for. it's helpful if it's from around the era where they had the av you want, although not always crucial. the somewhat less intuitive thing I discovered is, as mentioned in the prior post, this works best if the post is on the first page of a thread (e.g. they're the op). posts from subsequent pages of a thread are occasionally archived but often not.

also, fairly recent threads (last few years) are often not archived. so going back a few years helps.

step 2 is to go to the ol' wayback machine:

https://archive.org/

. . . and plug the thread URL into the search bar. if there are any snapshots of the thread, you'll get a calendar view where you can select the snapshot you want.

hopefully when you do that you will see the poster's av as of the time the snapshot was taken.

when you check out the image url, it should look something like this:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170506095457im_/https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/avatars/sluggoreads.png

from that, it should be fairly self-explanatory to retrieve the url of the version on the SA server, you just delete the first half of the url.

this trick can also (sometimes) retrieve non-avatar images lost in the waffleimages debacle or other internet decay

ty nesamdoom!

cda

by Hand Knit
Oh dang, yeah, that was the problem when I did it. I went to the wayback machine but I kept trying to do it with threads that were recent. I didn't realize that if you go back far enough they *do* archive the first page.

----------------

Manifisto

the weird hacks and tricks one has to use to get stuff working around here has a very "blade runner" feel to it. it's us, we're the cyberpunk dystopia

ty nesamdoom!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Manifisto posted:

the weird hacks and tricks one has to use to get stuff working around here has a very "blade runner" feel to it. it's us, we're the cyberpunk dystopia

heard you missed waffleimages my dude

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

ulvir

dearest av thread in creation,
would you like a certification?
make this one an av sized image
and I’ll pay for future blingage

https://assets.moomin.com/uploads/2014/12/toffle.svg

honest to god, forums cert for whoever wants to make this a dope av. I would be extremely grateful :love:

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Manifisto posted:

i like the tophat guy he seems cool

Gone Fashing

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
also didnt wwry have the av you currently have? are you wwry?

cda

by Hand Knit

Gone Fashing posted:

also didnt wwry have the av you currently have? are you wwry?

i am not wwry i just stole his av because i always coveted it

cda

by Hand Knit
and your right: the top hat guyis cool

FluffieDuckie

ulvir posted:

honest to god, forums cert for whoever wants to make this a dope av. I would be extremely grateful :love:

this was beautiful. i don't have the skills to do what you want, i just wanted to thank you for your poetry

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

ulvir posted:

How's this? It's av-sized and gtg!

Manifisto

ulvir posted:

I feel bad if I'm yoinking the opportunity for a cert from someone. you can offer it to someone else for a different thing, or I'll take it and find a way to pay it forward.

facing the post

those are just simple versions, were you looking for some kind of animated effect or anything?

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

heh, psp beat me to it anyway, and that blink is great

ty nesamdoom!

owlhawk911

drat y'all quick

cda

by Hand Knit

Manifisto posted:

facing the post

paging i am he

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

I feel bad if I'm yoinking the opportunity for a cert from someone. you can offer it to someone else for a different thing, or I'll take it and find a way to pay it forward.

facing the post

those are just simple versions, were you looking for some kind of animated effect or anything?

Thank you!

I wanted something, but I wanted to keep it simple.

I also do not require anything in return, and like Mani, I feel bad if I'm taking away a cert from someone so to that end if my AV is selected and anyone would like a cert, please ask and the first request can be fulfilled by Ulvir, and any others be fulfilled by Secret Santas :evilgrin:

owlhawk911

they didn't do it to be greedy
please use your cert to help the needy
these edits made were gifts of love
happy holidays to you bruv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papa Was A Video Toaster

i just noticed owlhawk and PSP's avatars rhyme