Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Phy posted:

I saw the last twilight movie without seeing any of the preceding films or reading the books or nothing, so approached on its own terms it comes across like a wack rear end sci-fi channel superhero movie where no-one's trying really hard but they're still there to get a paycheck, and I guess I kind of appreciated that about it

It's pretty fuckin silly

I saw both the first and last one in theaters.

I really wasn't feeling the date that I was on, so I had a blast hootin' and hollerin' during the end. I could definitely feel the seething hatred focused on me from the rest of the theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Are you gaslighting me

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

No seriously, that's from the Twilight movies? What the gently caress?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Taeke posted:

No this is from the movie

https://i.imgur.com/pjFKFvB.mp4

Much better, totally real baby, as anyone with eyes can see.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Taeke posted:

The movies aren't very good

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Still showing for me.

It's Bella's creepy vampire-baby with all the superpowers so it's unusually intelligent, and the werewolf is already in love with it but promises not to gently caress it until it's old enough, which is probably when it's two because it grows fast?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Elfface posted:

Still showing for me.

It's Bella's creepy vampire-baby with all the superpowers so it's unusually intelligent, and the werewolf is already in love with it but promises not to gently caress it until it's old enough, which is probably when it's two because it grows fast?

Seems normal to me, a mangaka.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Huh, when I clicked on the link Imgur initially said the image wasn't found.

Works now.

:iiam:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Elfface posted:

Still showing for me.

By the end of the series I think it's not even a year old and looks 10.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Reading Hugo's Notre-Dame de Paris right now and it's decent enough but the dude could have used an editor, or a better one, I don't think we needed five different essays about how Gothic architecture owns and how they're ruining Paris by tearing everything down and grumble grumble

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
B-but... vampires are (un)dead? How is vampire babby formed? :confused:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Nenonen posted:

B-but... vampires are (un)dead? How is vampire babby formed? :confused:
Mom was still human, babby is half-vampire.

I've only seen the movie versions (and only due to Rifftrax making them bearable). My wife, who reads the wikipedia entries and relays the horrible bits to me, tells me that in the books it's explained somewhere that vampire dad was basically no-nut from the time he was turned. I guess he had some century-old swimmers or something on deck.

Yes, it's all insane and terrible.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

TVs Ian posted:

... vampire dad was basically no-nut from the time he was turned. I guess he had some century-old swimmers or something on deck.

What the hell!?

That's not how vampire ejaculations work AT ALL!

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Immortal Nut

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vampires have no blood pressure thus a boner is a physical impossibility im afraid.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

zoux posted:

Vampires have no blood pressure thus a boner is a physical impossibility im afraid.

Rigor Mortis my dude. La Petit Vie.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

zoux posted:

Maybe they have some sort of inflation device for boner creation?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A dick pump is beneath the Dignity of the Lords of the Night

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

zoux posted:

No see, Twilight's sparkly vampires have cells made of stone. They crumble if you hit them hard enough.

So they've got stone boners.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

A dick pump is beneath the Dignity of the Lords of the Night

But not of the sparkle princes of mid-afternoon

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Look, it doesn't have to be blood, just gotta fill it with something. Maybe insects?

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
The Rifftrax for the Twilight movies are some of the best work they've done.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The best vampire media is What We Do In The Shadows (TV series or film) don't @ me

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You guys like that dopamine hit from the different quote colors? I recommend posting about vampire boners.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

DandyLion posted:

La Petit Vie.

:golfclap:

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

DandyLion posted:

La Petit Vie.

This is the cutest little joke

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

TVs Ian posted:

No see, Twilight's sparkly vampires have cells made of stone. They crumble if you hit them hard enough.

So they've got stone boners.

They're also extremely cold. So I guess you could say that they've got stone cold boners.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

*glass breaks*

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Phlegmish posted:

Reading Hugo's Notre-Dame de Paris right now and it's decent enough but the dude could have used an editor, or a better one, I don't think we needed five different essays about how Gothic architecture owns and how they're ruining Paris by tearing everything down and grumble grumble

I think grumbling about how Old Paris Was Better is just a French tradition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhAdxXy6UTs

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

You could tell me this was from a syfy original spinoff of sharknado, like "Wolfquake" and i'd 100% believe you.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's has to be the most "I'm done with it" looking mo-cap actor I've ever seen.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I always assumed that one had to be a fake because all the animal motion is added in regardless of the actor, I would love to be wrong though :pray:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I do have to wonder if anyone really cared about any of those movies beyond a guaranteed paycheck for years.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

I always assumed that one had to be a fake because all the animal motion is added in regardless of the actor, I would love to be wrong though :pray:
I'm not pixel expert but the background around the mocap guy is clearly not normal.

edit: might be an artifact of the gifification

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 21:06 on Dec 17, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pattinson and Kstew are always bashing it and they went on to become actors who make interesting, risky choices in choosing roles, which they probably wouldn't be able to do if they weren't sleeping every night on a bed of Twilight money.

The wolf guy, I dunno he was in Jumper or something

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I have a thread reading the Twilight books that’s currently past the 1/4 mark in Eclipse. They’re actually far worse than the movies and the characters are all sociopaths because most of the books are hidden Mormon propaganda that support spousal abuse. “Imprinting” comes from the belief that you choose your soulmate in the pre-existence and are destined to have one true love.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3892383&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's a stand-in for kristen stewart to pet something physical - It's not a motion capture suit.

mocap suits have obvious high-contrast reference points. That suit is just designed to cover him while covering as little additional background as possible.