Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
hey divabot, what's the deal with revolut? looks like a shitshow waiting to happen, but much coolaid has been imbibed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
firstlivinggod8h
Time to buy! Actually look at the price rising :)

max_lombardy6h
Good god though every time I think it won’t go any lower I buy some. Then it drops $500 :/

bonjailey6h
Every time for me

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Amethyst posted:

firstlivinggod8h
Time to buy! Actually look at the price rising :)

max_lombardy6h
Good god though every time I think it won’t go any lower I buy some. Then it drops $500 :/

bonjailey6h
Every time for me

:wrong:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
dickquack

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Coiners on reddit are saying the sudden drop is caused by a whale manipulating the price to force margin traders to liquidate and you should buy now

Buy into an easily manipulated sham market? Great idea, good defense coin dudes

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i think it's because we're getting close to chinese new year again

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I think it’s because bitcoin is bad tech for idiots that is going nowhere

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

fins posted:

hey divabot, what's the deal with revolut? looks like a shitshow waiting to happen, but much coolaid has been imbibed!

no idea actually - a "fintech", but regulated as a bank

that said they play fast and loose, e.g. loving people around on fraudulent charges and Silicon Valley quality customer service

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
keep the faith my friends, boom january is just around the corner

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

divabot posted:

no idea actually - a "fintech", but regulated as a bank

that said they play fast and loose, e.g. loving people around on fraudulent charges and Silicon Valley quality customer service

verne's "from the earth to the moon" read as completely ridiculous until buttcoiners came along

:thunk:

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Boxturret posted:

i think it's because we're getting close to chinese new year again

these people say it’s a Ponzi scheme dumping coins

currency store of value of the future

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Lol that they are annoying 45,000 BTC, which compared to total "volumes" is tiny, can cause a crash by eating up all the demand. Why that would imply that the market for bitcoin is incredibly shallow and the prices are all derived from trades of a few penny shavings each

browsers castle
Dec 27, 2011
This is a pro chart: https://bircoin.top/

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

The Little Death posted:

Lol that they are annoying 45,000 BTC, which compared to total "volumes" is tiny, can cause a crash by eating up all the demand. Why that would imply that the market for bitcoin is incredibly shallow and the prices are all derived from trades of a few penny shavings each

why are those particular 45000 bitscoin more annoying than the others? :thunk:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

amazing

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

...! posted:

why are those particular 45000 bitscoin more annoying than the others? :thunk:

Cause they caused the crash

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Hell yeah keep falling

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Top voted reddit comments are all TA nonsense like this:

“Last time it bounced right off the 200 week moving average, which was around $3,200. This time the 200 week moving average is around $5,000, which is also a nice round psychological number. Seems like a nice place to start a position.”

Ah,

...!
Oct 5, 2003

:wrong:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Amethyst posted:

Top voted reddit comments are all TA nonsense like this:

“Last time it bounced right off the 200 week moving average, which was around $3,200. This time the 200 week moving average is around $5,000, which is also a nice round psychological number. Seems like a nice place to start a position.”

Ah,

ta is complete nonsense even in the real stock market let alone in the fake one. tech analysis is nothing more than overeager pattern matching by our dumb monkey brains.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I like the number 4. It's a really good number to buy, imo.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Paladinus posted:

I like the number 4. It's a really good number to buy, imo.

4 means death in some cultures, personally i think 3 is more palatable

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
so, uh, the kraken exchange.

let me tell you, the 100% best bit of this crypto journalist gig, is when someone sends me the poo poo.

say after me: holy alleged poo poo.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Boxturret posted:

4 means death in some cultures, personally i think 3 is more palatable
what if it is 4 in one currency but 3 in another? makes you think

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

CampingCarl posted:

what if it is 4 in one currency but 3 in another? makes you think

:hmmyes: better make it zero then, zero is zero no matter where you are

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
One man's 4...

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i wonder if they are actually going to dig up that guy's grave

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

divabot posted:

let me tell you, the 100% best bit of this crypto journalist gig, is when someone sends me the poo poo.

that is indeed some alleged poo poo that is alleged there

:monocle:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

post that gif of the dudes dancing backwards while the bitcoin price falls

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

weird i never saved that one. actually i think it was a video on reddit that would be why

have this instead

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the sign of bozo?

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

divabot posted:

quote:

In March 2019, Runyon was asked by Ng to reconcile Kraken customer account balances with the company’s bank balances, in various currencies. Runyon discovered that Kraken’s bank accounts were millions of dollars short, compared to the total customer funds that Kraken should have had on hand.

kraken: can you look at these balance sheets
runyon: sure. hey, wait a minute, these don't add up.
kraken: whoa, whoa, i didn't think you were actually going to read those. you're off the case.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

kraken: if we were to get audited can you make things look good
runyon: i can't make an audit look good because we seem to be committing dozens of crimes
kraken: what is with you and the crimes

The only scenario I can think of is that they were hoping he'd be bad at his compliance role so they could blame all the illegal things on him, and fired him when it became clear that wouldn't work.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

the420chronicler[S] 3 points 12 hours ago

You’ll probably scoff, and this might be a crazy rant, but Christians have been waiting for Jesus for 2000 years and somehow that belief system still exists... The patience of Bitcoiners can’t be understated.... Bitcoin’s belief system holds even more potential for humanity than any of the current religions.... the difference with Bitcoin vs other man made social/religious constructs is that it is impervious to the whims and prejudices of any single or group of individuals... Bitcoiners have to follow the letter of the Bitcoin law... we actually have a platform/mechanism/tool/public utility that enables unprecedented empowerment to every human on earth... all they have to do is buy in... person by person, until existing authoritarian constructs are turned on their head...

Human have already proven their ability to believe in/wait for an ideal world (i.e. Christians waiting for Jesus, Jews waiting for their own Messiah, Muslims waiting for their end days)...

Bitcoiners patience can outlast central bankers irrationality

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

okay see you in two kiloyears

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

...! posted:

the difference with Bitcoin vs other man made social/religious constructs is that it is impervious to the whims and prejudices of any single or group of individuals... Bitcoiners have to follow the letter of the Bitcoin law...

except that one time when people changed it

or that other time that happened

or that hard fork

or

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
if there’s one thing known for its immutability and permanence, it’s software.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

How to bring people to a bitcoin themed social stroll for mardigras 2020? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted an hour ago by looper1977a1

Ingredients: a few hodlers,bourbon street,a paper mache bitcoin fixed on top of a wagon from craigslist,an acct to crypto twitter...what am I missing?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

How to bring people to a bitcoin themed social stroll for mardigras 2020? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted an hour ago by looper1977a1

Ingredients: a few hodlers,bourbon street,a paper mache bitcoin fixed on top of a wagon from craigslist,an acct to crypto twitter...what am I missing?

.......?

........................!

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Any self-awareness, I would guess.