Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

*me, screaming at my players?* DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT THIS PERSON IS? I'LL MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

So did he recognise "The Day I Dreamed Again" as something from the library? If so, why did it take until now for him to look at it if he was interested in who the gently caress Dominic was? Did he just pop into the library on the off chance something he saw in a dream was Deegan related? If so what loving book did he pick up? If it's an index like another poster suggested then why hadn't he looked for Deegan in it until now?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
seeing dominic deegan is back made me feel like i was in IT and just learned pennywise returned

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

But somehow with worse aesthetics.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Tesseraction posted:

So did he recognise "The Day I Dreamed Again" as something from the library? If so, why did it take until now for him to look at it if he was interested in who the gently caress Dominic was? Did he just pop into the library on the off chance something he saw in a dream was Deegan related? If so what loving book did he pick up? If it's an index like another poster suggested then why hadn't he looked for Deegan in it until now?

The implication is supposed to be, i think, that snout has read all the books in the library, and is using his encyclopedic knowledge to recall a particularly moving/beautiful bit of prose from our dear departed author self-insert. Given how much the library and reading in general has come up in this story, it feel like Mookie might be one of those people who posts memes about buying too many books on Facebook.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

But if he had committed it to memory already then why is he so curious as to who Dominic Deegan is!!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
See I think the implication is that while Snout has seen Dominic’s chapter in that book’s index, the mundane dreams we’re seeing are meant to be visions, and this book’ll either relate to them or give Snout his next waypoint to slog the plot along.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

TheHan posted:

See I think the implication is that while Snout has seen Dominic’s chapter in that book’s index, the mundane dreams we’re seeing are meant to be visions, and this book’ll either relate to them or give Snout his next waypoint to slog the plot along.

Yeah I think the witch is sending him these visions.

This could have been effective if we the audience had ever seen that index before, maybe without the author line.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The Little Death posted:

Poems maybe?

Also I'm sure Mookie is proud of having planned two whole strips ahead. The fact that the only relevant part of the dreams was the literal text spelling out something the audience has never heard of does undercut it a bit.

You also know that the comic is meant to be read at release pace rather than all at once because this page has a flashback panel to... two pages ago.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
So. Acquiring then losing the pages really was pointless then? Because the random dream prompted him to look up whatever this is (book, chapter?), which had nothing to do with collecting the pages.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Hey remember that one time an orc turned up and seemed important for two issues?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GrossMurpel posted:

Hey remember that one time an orc turned up and seemed important for two issues?

No, because nothing seems important in this garbage heap comic.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Marin Karin posted:

seeing dominic deegan is back made me feel like i was in IT and just learned pennywise returned

It's all floaters down here.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
So Snout is having weird prophetic dreams 200 years after Dominic saw the end of all prophecy.... man the twist is gong to be that Snout is like the first oracle born in generations or something isn't it?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It'll probably also grant him the ability to hear/speak.

Alakantar
Apr 8, 2009
For a dialogueless comic, that's sure a shitload of words.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
So..we going to spend the next two weeks reading ever more pointless Deegan writings until Snout gets a new direction to follow?

Because uggg. Why does Snout care good god.?
Also the fact that he just has all these books in the open air library and gently caress this.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

that was supposed to be a poem?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

What are the odds the author got really into lucid dreaming?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Phoning in Wednesday I guess. Even a 3-day a week update schedule is tough but the ratio of words to art here is staggering.

2/3rds of the page is text!

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheHan posted:

Phoning in Wednesday I guess. Even a 3-day a week update schedule is tough but the ratio of words to art here is staggering.

2/3rds of the page is text!

This is a comic with no dialogue.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I can't tell if I'm more annoyed by the laziness of this COMIC WITHOUT DIALOGUE or the fact he loving TYPED IT.

For gently caress's sake. Stop being so loving lazy, Mooks.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I say we embrace the brave narrative choice of "Don't show or tell".

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wasn’t the whole conceit of this stupid thing that Dominic Deegan pbuh was more like a myth and Snout was trying to find out more about him but motherfucker is indexed and catalogued in the local library?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

sigh

siiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018

Tesseraction posted:

I can't tell if I'm more annoyed by the laziness of this COMIC WITHOUT DIALOGUE or the fact he loving TYPED IT.

For gently caress's sake. Stop being so loving lazy, Mooks.

He typed the poem. He typed the poem, but not the index, or the front cover of the book, or even the further reading part.

He only typed the poem and that annoys me mostly because I keep thinking back to this stupid comic when I can use that time to think about BETTER things.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

So Dominic became a self-help guru huh.

Also wonderous magical wonder magic from the wonderous magical heart dreams of magic and wonder.

This is exactly how energy healers and the like talk.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I didn't even read the thing, honestly. Within two pages it won't even matter.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

The Little Death posted:

So Dominic became a self-help guru huh.

Also wonderous magical wonder magic from the wonderous magical heart dreams of magic and wonder.

This is exactly how energy healers and the like talk.

Mad respect if it turns out Dominic dreampilled himself and wound up starting a cult.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It’s not even a poem. The first part is just a prose paragraph, and the second is...charitably, extremely bad free verse with random capitalization, before it just goes back to prose again.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hold fast, we're sure to see the next Jazz Hands or Mavple Syrup if we just wait!

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Oh good, just what I want in my fantasy adventure: more loving reading.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
You know, Snout could have saved a lot of time by just looking up the writings of Dominic Deegan from the start. The old “where’s Dominic” rule of this comic whenever he is not present.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Gonna be fun when the rest of the comic takes place in the dreamworld and the comic uses this as an excuse to run over the dialoguelessness of the comic for the rest of the thing. Like even if he still can't hear because he doesn't know how that works in a dreamworld he will probably just have actual in-universe speech bubbles.

Alakantar
Apr 8, 2009
New one up!

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Well, say what you will about this comic, at least it ended much quicker than Dominic Deegan Classic!
I wonder what Mookie will do for his next project.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
loving finally. This rear end in a top hat should've been prompted to leave his comfort zone months ago when his house got blown up. Instead he moved to a cave across the street and farted around with pages until a one sheeter gave him the motivation that a woman being abducted couldn't.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

The Orcs suck, but at least they've unionized.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

I just want to point out that this book apparently has the table of contents in the middle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

I just want to point out that this book apparently has the table of contents in the middle

And the table of contents has no page numbers.