Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did someone say nsfw cops? :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mr. Steak posted:

did someone say nsfw cops? :smuggo:

yes

Tommu posted:

hold your dick and lift your balls up and show me your gooch

this was to like a pre-teen. acab

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
drat this got dark

Dancer
May 23, 2011
I'm a goddamn miller.

(Right after the game in which I rolled deathmiller. Which was right after the game in which I rolled weird 3p deathmiller.)

Cannot handle...

Dancer
May 23, 2011
(I promise I won't go hard on self-pity, I am slighty salty, and I reckoned just the one such post is fine :v: . I'll stop)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dancer posted:

I'm a goddamn miller.

(Right after the game in which I rolled deathmiller. Which was right after the game in which I rolled weird 3p deathmiller.)

Cannot handle...

I believe you, officer. Now let's get IA out of our precinct

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Who's got the donuts and coffee for morning squad huddle?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
That sounds decadent and capitalist, comrade detective.

I have black tea and a fruit spread.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Dancer posted:

That sounds decadent and capitalist, comrade detective.

I have black tea and a fruit spread.

First Sandwolf is talking about Miranda rights and now dancer is complaining about doughnuts. What sort of cop precinct is this?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I actually work in law enforcement AMA

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mr. Humalong posted:

How prevelant are donuts?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

How prevelant are donuts?

Every now and then someone will bring two dozen in for everyone. I usually prefer breakfast tacos or kolaches, though.

Coffee is constantly being made, though. All three shifts. We are all always tired.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

Every now and then someone will bring two dozen in for everyone. I usually prefer breakfast tacos or kolaches, though.

Coffee is constantly being made, though. All three shifts. We are all always tired.

OOC: This sounds like something out of a dystopian hell, but I know it's true. My father also does law enforcement and he was talking optimistically about holdovers being reduced to 12 hours from 16 in his county and I was just like... that's still not good lol

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Don't confuse our poo poo posting with facts :)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

OOC: This sounds like something out of a dystopian hell, but I know it's true. My father also does law enforcement and he was talking optimistically about holdovers being reduced to 12 hours from 16 in his county and I was just like... that's still not good lol

Yeah I run on 5 8 hour shifts but end up working 16 hours a day 3-4 days a week. Most of the time on my Friday I get to leave after 12 hours.

Leith Maclaine posted:

Don't confuse our poo poo posting with facts :)

Oh I’m pretty vocal in my criticisms of policing in America. I’ve been on the outside and the inside.

I think one of the larger issues is there’s no real reward system for being a great cop. I know someone will say “being a good person should be its own reward” or something, but at the end of the day you want to be recognized for doing your job well. It becomes very discouraging when that doesn’t happen.

That certainly doesn’t excuse the racists and people with anger issues that find their way into this line of work.

Anyway, mafia.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm still kind of in awe that this game is actually happening. Good job on the necro.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

You're welcome!

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Nep-Nep posted:

Good job on the necro.

In this precinct, we do NOT fraternize with corpse-fuckers!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think one of the larger issues is there’s no real reward system for being a great cop. I know someone will say “being a good person should be its own reward” or something, but at the end of the day you want to be recognized for doing your job well. It becomes very discouraging when that doesn’t happen.

Because 99% of jobs don’t get special rewards for being good at your job. A good coder doesn’t get free Dunkin and public approval if they’re good at their job. Why the gently caress do police deserve special treatment because they did well in the field that they personally decided to join?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

Because 99% of jobs don’t get special rewards for being good at your job. A good coder doesn’t get free Dunkin and public approval if they’re good at their job. Why the gently caress do police deserve special treatment because they did well in the field that they personally decided to join?

A good coder can change jobs to get paid more though.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

You don’t get bonuses dependent on your performance or even a thank you from your superiors?

Cause I sure as poo poo don’t get any of that when I prevent a riot from breaking out or talk someone down from killing themselves.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If you could cop someone N0 who would you have copped?

My choice would be AA because I typically read his derangement as scummy regardless of actual alignment and it'd be nice to cut that Gordian knot. Second choice is Amni because I don't know how they play typically well enough to make judgment calls.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

All Coders Are Bad

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Podima posted:

My choice would be AA because I typically read his derangement as scummy regardless of actual alignment and it'd be nice to cut that Gordian knot. Second choice is Amni because I don't know how they play typically well enough to make judgment calls.

GulagDolls because they are eternally indecipherable.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

bernstrike cause ive been in game where he's been last scum and we basically caught him through night actions and I didnt have a read on him up to that point

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

All Coders Are Bad

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Amnistar posted:

A good coder can change jobs to get paid more though.

No one is forcing cops to be cops, what the hell

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

alright i think we found the rat boys. no real cop pretends to be this woke

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Podima posted:

I often end up reading Mr. Steak's early game as scummy so that'd be a pretty easy pick for me.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we have to murder steak before lylo. thats just the way it is

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Murder steak day 1

##vote turbo idiot fucker

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Sandwolf posted:

I mean.. the coder would still be a coder?

Regardless this is mafia, I'll stop.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

Murder steak day 1

I'd vote you so hard for this but my prefered D1 policy is instead

##vote gulag

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

this must be a very new policy since youve enacted it in no games ever before

Dancer
May 23, 2011
It has been given a pretty significant boost by the bullshit people just let you get away with in toal's game.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

that seems weird + forced since i had an entire scumteam behind me, two 3ps running interference (one of them being lurker you) and a giant magical list that appeared every day which my name was only on once.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

Derangement lmao, i believe you mean "magnificence"

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

that seems weird + forced since i had an entire scumteam behind me, two 3ps running interference (one of them being lurker you) and a giant magical list that appeared every day which my name was only on once.

This is the most serious and on-topic I’ve ever seen Gulag

I’m scared

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mr. Humalong posted:

Murder steak day 1

why vote me? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Sandwolf posted:

All im saying is criminally minded individuals exist, regardless of race or background, people who just rationalize the world through criminal activity and are skilled at, or even enjoy it.... i don't want to have to defend myself against them personally and am glad for the people who do.

Larger ramifications about the institution, corruption and of accountability aside.

There be real monsters in these streets, im glad for the volunteers that deal with that psychic miasma.

Some people get burned, some people rightfully find their place away from society. It's dicey.

Who is scum?