Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

please knock Mom! posted:

absolutely nothing they did has been of any use, is in use, or will ever be used. no controls, no proper documentation, no science, just a bunch of biased charlatans playing doctor.

Yup, you didn't get to be in those doctor positions in the nazi regime by accurately sciencing that the aryan nation concept is nonsense; you did it by being a charlatan and a glorified mouthpiece for the regime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
The most "famous" nazi medical experiment that people think was actually useful, the dachau hypothermia poo poo, is completely garbage because they didnt record any important information about the victims they threw in and the "medical analysis" is just garbage they wrote down to pretend they were doing science because nobody involved had any actual medical training

https://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJM199005173222006

quote:

Cardiac arrythmias are described in the Dachau Comprehensive Report as being slow, fast, or irregular, without reference to standard nomenclature. Ventricular fibrillation, known to be a common cause of death from hypothermia, and atrial fibrillation, the most frequent cardiac irregularity from hypothermia, are not even mentioned. The term atrial flutter, the only conventional designation mentioned, is used to label a tracing of atrial fibrillation. The unusual characterization of common cardiac arrythmias and their misinterpretation suggest a lack of expertise in cardiac physiology.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
the japanese experiments were just as bad, but that didn't stop us from giving them immunity in return for their "research"

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Main Paineframe posted:

the japanese experiments were just as bad, but that didn't stop us from giving them immunity in return for their "research"

That was specifically because they were doing biological warfare research, though, and the US gave them immunity in a deal to avoid handing them over to the USSR for prosecution. And my recollection is that the main stuff the US wanted from was things like "how to culture and weaponize anthrax" rather than the actual medical results. Don't quote me on that, though.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lmao that someone came in here to seriously argue that doctors are all trash people because they got their science from the nazis

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lmao that someone came in here to seriously argue that doctors are all trash people because they got their science from the nazis

On the flip side: there are plenty of other reasons to be pissed off at the US medical system in general and doctors in particular, and T-man's got more than most, so maybe it doesn't really benefit anyone to attack her for some inaccurate historical information?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Malleum posted:

The most "famous" nazi medical experiment that people think was actually useful, the dachau hypothermia poo poo, is completely garbage because they didnt record any important information about the victims they threw in and the "medical analysis" is just garbage they wrote down to pretend they were doing science because nobody involved had any actual medical training

https://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJM199005173222006

I wasn't going to respond to make my last post's point but this was actually what I was thinking of. I'll take the F.

There's a more fleshed out critique of medical systems in me from a philosophy/gender studies perspective but I'm on phone and also doubt it would be read with constructive intention. Tldw die cis scum tho.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Karia posted:

On the flip side: there are plenty of other reasons to be pissed off at the US medical system in general and doctors in particular, and T-man's got more than most, so maybe it doesn't really benefit anyone to attack her for some inaccurate historical information?

being pissed off isn't a good reason to smear an entire profession which has a subforum on this site as nazi-aligned, nor is it an excuse to spread inane talking points about stuff you don't understand

also, you weren't going to respond because a mod called you out and you didn't have poo poo to say in return, don't pretend you ever had another reason.

Orange DeviI has issued a correction as of 21:39 on Dec 17, 2019

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

being pissed off isn't a good reason to smear an entire profession which has a subforum on this site as nazi-aligned, nor is it an excuse to spread inane talking points about stuff you don't understand

T-man's punishment: guillotine

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/DaveVescio/status/1207028149873082368

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Solution: poo poo on your boss's desk instead.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

also, you weren't going to respond because a mod called you out and you didn't have poo poo to say in return, don't pretend you ever had another reason.

Cry harder I'm almost there

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

BRB, filing an L&I claim for leg strain.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
The flat-style of making GBS threads already increases the prevalence of rear end afflictions, this will be even worse. Time to AC Slater it up.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

I imagine having the seat at an angle also makes it easier to give people swirlies

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I once had a coworker try to claim my 5 minutes pooping were “hour-long bathroom breaks.” I suspect she’s behind this.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
Co-worker as in non boss? Front of the line

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

cops and troops have a subforum on this site and we'll happily smear those entire professions as Nazi-aligned

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Main Paineframe posted:

cops and troops have a subforum on this site and we'll happily smear those entire professions as Nazi-aligned

I would never.

they are actual Nazis

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

can you think of any other differences between doctors and cops/troops beyond their prevailing treatment by cspam?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

If you think about it a drone strike is a lot like surgery, just faster and less precise

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Main Paineframe posted:

I don’t think you understand what smearing means in this context. If you can provide actual examples of your claims it’s just being truthful.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Karia posted:

Maybe those reasons are the things to talk about then, instead of villifying an entire profession whose members outside US are generally in it to help other people.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Grand Prize Winner posted:

If you think about it a drone strike is a lot like surgery, just faster and less precise

That's what a surgical strike is, when it's a doctor piloting the strafe

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

dex_sda posted:

That's what a surgical strike is, when it's a doctor piloting the strafe

they also use that sword missile too now

Reznor
Jan 15, 2006

Hot dinosnail action.

My rear end is going to look great from all the toilet planking this will lead to.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Willie Tomg posted:

can you think of any other differences between doctors and cops/troops beyond their prevailing treatment by cspam?

one kills you for money, the other kills you for fun

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Main Paineframe posted:

one kills you for money, the other kills you for fun

Actually cops are paid really well to kill you too

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Minecraft Holmes posted:

Actually cops are paid really well to kill you too

They aren't paid well at all, but that doesn't matter when you love what you do

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

Cops get paid much better than the average person and their benefits package is typically very good. This shouldn't be a surprise because the profession has the strongest union protections in modern America

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cops are paid really well once you account for all of the scam overtime they accrue for sleeping in their cars or standing around with 12 of their cop buddies while one of them harasses a homeless or cheating on their spouses while on the clock.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Work in municipal finance (i'm not a financier or consultant, please don't guillotine me) and have looked at payroll in at least 50 cities and towns and police are, on average, paid higher than anyone other than school administrators or teachers with 15+ years of service and a masters degree when you factor in overtime and off-duty detail.

Amp has issued a correction as of 20:07 on Dec 18, 2019

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Work in municipal finance (i'm not a financier or consultant, please don't guillotine me) and have looked at payroll in at least 50 cities and towns and police are, on average, paid higher than anyone other than school administrators or teachers with 15+ years of service and a masters degree when you factor in overtime and off-duty detail.

most of the time that information is public. for example, i live in berkeley and cops are stupidly high paid https://gcc.sco.ca.gov/Reports/Cities/City.aspx?entityid=61

$300k a yr ontop of $140k in benefits lmfao. nearly half a million dollars a year for a single worthless pig

cops are so loving corrupt and it's so easy to scam overtime and poo poo

Xaris has issued a correction as of 20:18 on Dec 18, 2019

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
what a dumb idea, unmarked mass graves take much less space

and really is there a reason to bury them at all? there's places that could totally be uplifted by a massive heap of skeletons

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Teal posted:

what a dumb idea, unmarked mass graves take much less space

and really is there a reason to bury them at all? there's places that could totally be uplifted by a massive heap of skeletons

yeah we need to raise ground to counter sea-level rise. use the body of all millionaires+ as a seawall

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

There are only something like 600 billionaires in the US, while there are around 12,000 gold courses. Now given that billionaires are probably the closet thing to actual vampires, maybe spreading their remains as thinly as possible isn't a bad idea, but even then you're pushing it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Xaris posted:

most of the time that information is public. for example, i live in berkeley and cops are stupidly high paid https://gcc.sco.ca.gov/Reports/Cities/City.aspx?entityid=61

$300k a yr ontop of $140k in benefits lmfao. nearly half a million dollars a year for a single worthless pig

cops are so loving corrupt and it's so easy to scam overtime and poo poo

I should write up a thing about how corrupt traffic details are at some point. The gist is that they get paid $50/hr (at the lower end) with a minimum 4 hours at a time and 1.5x pay after 8 hours to sit around, be fat and direct traffic.

Not to mention that whenever people complain about how this is bullshit and we should just be using professional flaggers the cops always just say "well the contractor pays for it!" The reality here is that the city will pay the cop then bill out to the contractor, while also being billed BY the contractor for work done on any project. Guess what's included in the invoice the contractor sends to the city? If you said "the cost of the traffic details" you'd be right. It's insanity.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

my buddy's dad makes $120k a year as a cop. scratch that, former cop. he makes $10,000 a month in retirement payments lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I should write up a thing about how corrupt traffic details are at some point. The gist is that they get paid $50/hr (at the lower end) with a minimum 4 hours at a time and 1.5x pay after 8 hours to sit around, be fat and direct traffic.

Not to mention that whenever people complain about how this is bullshit and we should just be using professional flaggers the cops always just say "well the contractor pays for it!" The reality here is that the city will pay the cop then bill out to the contractor, while also being billed BY the contractor for work done on any project. Guess what's included in the invoice the contractor sends to the city? If you said "the cost of the traffic details" you'd be right. It's insanity.

honestly traffic cops are the only moral cops. san francisco recently started putting traffic cops at like all the intersections in the financial district to the bay bridge on-ramp because cars kept blocking the box/crosswalk, going just to get stuck in the middle of the intersection gridlocking everything because they were impatient and tired of waiting at 3 light cycles, and being lovely during rush hour. everytime i see a car go past a traffic cop and get stuck blocking the crosswalk they get immediately ticketed, or making a turn onto the onramp from a direction they're not supposed to, and i do a fist pump as i walk to the trains station. they're pretty much ticketing a car at least once every 5 minutes.

gently caress car culture and drivers.

regular cops are fuckign worthless and lazy pieces of poo poo (unless it comes to harassing homeless or shootign an unarmed black guy)

but yeah the whole cop culture is also a big money pit scam

Xaris has issued a correction as of 21:02 on Dec 18, 2019