Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Hikaki posted:

Exactly this, even for the fumoto valve. There's no point when you still have to go through all the same annoyances for the filter. My car also has a cover plate with 9 bolts to remove so what's one more for the drain. If I had a GT86 or WRX with the top-mount filter, then we'd be talking.

"you can't make everything easier so you shouldn't bother making one thing easier" is a weird take for sure. With a Fumoto in you no longer have to gently caress around with copper washers and making sure the plug is torqued properly or the occasional 'gently caress the drain plug is in the bowl of oil' disaster.

Get a Fumoto and treat your car to an oil filter relocation kit... really push the boat out to make your life easier. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

BraveUlysses posted:

17K plus donor car lol

You can literally get a C5 Z06 for another 800 bucks according to interwebs with a clean title.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Octopus Magic posted:

You can literally get a C5 Z06 for another 800 bucks according to interwebs with a clean title.

Yeah but then you have a C5 Corvette whoop dee do, if I were gonna go that route I’d get a C6

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
The CR-Z just seems like a total "meh" of a car. Not fast, not comfy, gas mileage is just OK. I just never saw the market it was aimed at.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

"you can't make everything easier so you shouldn't bother making one thing easier" is a weird take for sure. With a Fumoto in you no longer have to gently caress around with copper washers and making sure the plug is torqued properly or the occasional 'gently caress the drain plug is in the bowl of oil' disaster.

Get a Fumoto and treat your car to an oil filter relocation kit... really push the boat out to make your life easier. :v:

Allegedly the new Rangers have some sort of fuckery required to change the oil on them. Like supposedly lifting it up, removing wheel, removing panel etc..... Maybe its not that bad after you've done a few, but the way someone explained it to me, it just sounded pretty awful.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nocheez posted:

The CR-Z just seems like a total "meh" of a car. Not fast, not comfy, gas mileage is just OK. I just never saw the market it was aimed at.

I think it was aimed at GenXers that grew up with the original CRX but wanted a hybrid now that they're older and more environmentally conscious.

And yeah that market didn't really exist, what we wanted was a car like the original CRX gently caress the environment :colbert:

If they would have made a new CRX Si instead of the CRZ, Honda would have sold a shitload of them I think.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 17, 2019

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yeah but then you have a C5 Corvette whoop dee do, if I were gonna go that route I’d get a C6

No flip ups on a C6. :colbert:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
c6 is bad looking

now that the c7 is out and the c5 has aged pretty well

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Except that the c5 interior is just horrible.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Octopus Magic posted:

No flip ups on a C6. :colbert:

Good point, but you can get a wide body C6 :colbert: :colbert:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
c5 is a fd rx7 made ugly

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

So there's a Honda tuner/builder/fabricator around the corner from me and they turn CRZ's into the real CRX they should have been and I loving want one

http://www.lhtperformance.net/documents/kr-z.html

For a second I thought you meant they put the engine in the back of a Del Sol like it was originally proposed. That would be some awesome poo poo.

BlackMK4 posted:

c5 is a fd rx7 made ugly

Ugly and fat

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

BlackMK4 posted:

c5 is a fd rx7 made ugly

At least they fixed the engine

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Suburban Dad posted:

drat. lol

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Suburban Dad posted:

They traded revs and flames for fuel economy. I wouldn't call that fixed by Automotive Insanity standards.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

:drat:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

McTinkerson posted:

They traded revs and flames for fuel economy. I wouldn't call that fixed by Automotive Insanity standards.

Don't forget power. Torque. Cost. Complexity. And possibly weight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are Del Sols cool now?

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Are Del Sols cool now?

Del Sols have always been cool :colbert:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

The sun is hot not cool :colbert:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Suburban Dad posted:

RADL assemble!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Rhyno posted:

Are Del Sols cool now?

As been said, they have always been cool. Now they are MEGA cool. Hyper even.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Way back when I first joined AI everyone hated them!

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
I can't seem to find the old Honda-Tech mid engine Del Sol build. Did it ever get finished? I recall there was also a mid-engine Integra build around the same time, I think.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

MetaJew posted:

RADL assemble!

If it wasn't permanently broken you wouldn't have to assemble it every time you know

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

cakesmith handyman posted:

If it wasn't permanently broken you wouldn't have to assemble it every time you know

:boom:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

MetaJew posted:

RADL assemble!

Man, between this and seeing Aeka post again, it's like this subforum is 15 years younger all of the sudden.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Nocheez posted:

Man, between this and seeing Aeka post again, it's like this subforum is 15 years younger all of the sudden.

We're all 12 years old on the inside!

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Good point, but you can get a wide body C6 :colbert: :colbert:

I have a perverse dream to take a C5 Corvette and make it Japanese tooner style. Big bolt on flares, Volk wheels, 1 giant canister muffler, strip the interior and put a fixed back seat in it + deep dish steering wheel, big 3D aero wing, teeny Craft Square mirrors etc.

Like this but even more so:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

McTinkerson posted:

We're all 12 years old on the inside!

I was never 12 on this forum oh god I'm getting so old.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I have to imagine that thing tows like a champion, long wheelbase should make it very stable. Would a livery version of a town car have upgraded engine and transmission cooling to begin with?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I like it but my gut says the trailer needs to be twice as long.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

StormDrain posted:

I have to imagine that thing tows like a champion, long wheelbase should make it very stable. Would a livery version of a town car have upgraded engine and transmission cooling to begin with?

I think it's a Holden Commodore... Calais? Should be good for that little bit of trailer and the stretch.
Some flavor of Chevy or Holden V8.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

madeintaipei posted:

I think it's a Holden Commodore... Calais? Should be good for that little bit of trailer and the stretch.

Holy poo poo, that isn’t a Town Car. Huh.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Darchangel posted:

Holy poo poo, that isn’t a Town Car. Huh.

I know, right. The flush chrome grill looks like a later TC, but check the windows. How I know that is anyone's guess, never been to Australia, the Middle East, or South Africa.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

:perfect:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

madeintaipei posted:

Ford Fairlane, which in itself is a LWB version of the Falcon, however in this case been made into a limo.

It will probably have the Windsor 5.0lt V8 or 4lt straight six

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

madeintaipei posted:

Ford LTD, the long wheelbase version of the Australian falcon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Perfect.