Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yup...in addition to general sitcom cliches, it seemed to rely making a joke just by saying a nerdish word/reference.

I'm pulling this 100% out of my rear end but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the start of an actual epsiode:
Penny: [Bursts into apartment] Leonard, my internet stopped working. Can you do your "nerd magic" and make it work?
{Laugh track}
Leonard: Sorry Penny, we've got plans tonight. Penny: Oh, what, are you guys playing Dungeons and Dragons?
{Lught track}
Leonard: No...that's tomorrow night...{laugh track} We're seeing a movie.
Sheldon: [Bursts into room in full-Jedi costume, massive laugh track] Guys, we're going to be late. If we don't leave in exactly 3.2 minutes, accounting for 13.5 minutes of travel time, we won't have the 46.6 minutes we need to get popcorn, get seats that can accommodate all of us at the optimum viewing angle, and argue with the row behind us if the Special Editions are good...
{Massive laugh track}
Spoiler alert, they're not.
{Laugh track.}
Penny: And who are you supposed to be...a Klingon?
{Laugh track.}
Sheldon: I won't even dignify that with a response...other than to say I despise Will Wheaton.
{Laugh track}
Raj: I hope there will be women there...you know I love the ladies!
{Laugh track}
Howard: sorry guys, I can't go...I have to stay home and was my mom's back.
{Laugh track}

From what I've absorbed about the show, that's extremely accurate. Including Sheldon's rivalry with Wil Wheaton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Just be thankful Homestuck never made it to Offline Popular.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Everything related to Homestuck seems 100% dumb as hell

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yup...in addition to general sitcom cliches, it seemed to rely making a joke just by saying a nerdish word/reference.

I'm pulling this 100% out of my rear end but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the start of an actual epsiode:...

I stand by my earlier post on the topic. In fact, I am thrilled.
{laugh track}

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Julius CSAR posted:

Homestuck is the reason we have Undertale.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

^ what did the original say?

Julius CSAR posted:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Since Tumblr provided so much content, someone here would know. I was listening to Internet Historian's video on Dashcon, and they mentioned Welcome to Night Vale. Read the synopsis, sounded cool.
Listened to the first episode. When is it good/entertaining/interesting?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bulletsponge13 posted:

Since Tumblr provided so much content, someone here would know. I was listening to Internet Historian's video on Dashcon, and they mentioned Welcome to Night Vale. Read the synopsis, sounded cool.
Listened to the first episode. When is it good/entertaining/interesting?

Depends? Most people seem to enjoy all of it, haven't gotten into it yet but it looks cool and spooky. If it seems up your alley just keep listening for a few episodes.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

snoo posted:

^ what did the original say?

I'm gonna guess TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS with the first word, background, and armband all edited.

not all furries are trans, not all trans people are furries, but there's a statistically significant overlap between the two.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

I'm gonna guess TRANS RIGHTS ARE HUMAN RIGHTS with the first word, background, and armband all edited.

not all furries are trans, not all trans people are furries, but there's a statistically significant overlap between the two.

yeah it's a rif on the "post your OC wearing a trans rights are human rights" shirt from a few months back.

Is this an edit? I thought it was just some chud trying to steal some social movement cred to own the libs.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

it's in comic sans

T-man posted:

:hai:

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well so it is. gently caress.
i guess i am just blind

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

nazis are AUG, tho

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

LingcodKilla posted:

I loved that episode!

*laughtrack*

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

bulletsponge13 posted:

Welcome to Night Vale... When is it good/entertaining/interesting?

If you dont like the first episode or first few episodes then its not really for you because thats literally what the show is. Like Desert Oracle Radio. if you do like the first few episodes you then realise oh, this isnt going to end, theres like too many episodes and it just goes on and on and on and you quit disenchanted after around 10 - 15 episodes max. It really blew up with the wrong people and because the creators had no sense of quality control they just ran it into the ground.

Jeffrey Dahmer has a new favorite as of 12:51 on Dec 17, 2019

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I don't like Welcome to Nightvale, it just seems too tryhard for me. I've gone on and just realized that I don't like scripted fiction podcasts, something about Nightvale really sticks in my craw though.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

I assume this is referencing someone in particular, but "man with beard, glasses, and male pattern baldness" doesn't exactly narrow the field much.

Edit: it's Vsauce, isn't it.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, I don't like Welcome to Nightvale, it just seems too tryhard for me. I've gone on and just realized that I don't like scripted fiction podcasts, something about Nightvale really sticks in my craw though.

IMO, Night Vale kind of peaked at the end of Year 2. There's only so many times you can go back to the same well before feeling samey.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dick Burglar posted:

I assume this is referencing someone in particular, but "man with beard, glasses, and male pattern baldness" doesn't exactly narrow the field much.

It's the face male nerd youtube personalities make on clickbait unboxing video thumbnails. Plus there's a copypasta about manchild's wife's boyfriend (seen in the background).

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought it looked like Nostalgia Critic douche

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm pulling this 100% out of my rear end but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the start of an actual epsiode:
Penny: [Bursts into apartment] Leonard, my internet stopped working. Can you do your "nerd magic" and make it work?
{Laugh track}
Leonard: Sorry Penny, we've got plans tonight. Penny: Oh, what, are you guys playing Dungeons and Dragons?
{Lught track}
Leonard: No...that's tomorrow night...{laugh track} We're seeing a movie.
Sheldon: [Bursts into room in full-Jedi costume, massive laugh track] Guys, we're going to be late. If we don't leave in exactly 3.2 minutes, accounting for 13.5 minutes of travel time, we won't have the 46.6 minutes we need to get popcorn, get seats that can accommodate all of us at the optimum viewing angle, and argue with the row behind us if the Special Editions are good...
{Massive laugh track}
Spoiler alert, they're not.
{Laugh track.}
Penny: And who are you supposed to be...a Klingon?
{Laugh track.}
Sheldon: I won't even dignify that with a response...other than to say I despise Will Wheaton.
{Laugh track}
Raj: I hope there will be women there...you know I love the ladies!
{Laugh track}
Howard: sorry guys, I can't go...I have to stay home and was my mom's back.
{Laugh track}

That’s actually disturbingly close to a real script.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Paladinus posted:

It's the face male nerd youtube personalities make on clickbait unboxing video thumbnails. Plus there's a copypasta about manchild's wife's boyfriend (seen in the background).

Yeah, internet weirdos call it soyface. From what i understand it comes from folks trying to game youtube suggestion metrics. Openly happy/excited faces get clicks, and since your face is the size of a postage stamp on most users screens, you have to emote so hard the cheap seats can see it on your promo image. Of course this looks weird and offputting when blown up past a thumbnail.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Yeah, internet weirdos call it soyface. From what i understand it comes from folks trying to game youtube suggestion metrics. Openly happy/excited faces get clicks, and since your face is the size of a postage stamp on most users screens, you have to emote so hard the cheap seats can see it on your promo image. Of course this looks weird and offputting when blown up past a thumbnail.

Specifically, internet nazis think the jews are conspiring to destroy white male fertility by putting estrogen in soy products. That face is supposed to be proof that they've been gotten to. They also think low testosterone causes male pattern baldness when it is actually high testosterone which is more closely related to hair loss.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

rodbeard posted:

Specifically, internet nazis think the jews are conspiring to destroy white male fertility by putting estrogen in soy products. That face is supposed to be proof that they've been gotten to. They also think low testosterone causes male pattern baldness when it is actually high testosterone which is more closely related to hair loss.

And the people trying to sell that lie are men like Alex Jones, a man who sells a "male supplement" that has...guess what...soy in it.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Soy is loving delicious though? It's edamame and tofu and such, just the goddamn best.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

rodbeard posted:

You sound like a Low-T soy boy to me.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Tubgoat posted:

Soy is loving delicious though? It's edamame and tofu and such, just the goddamn best.

Yeah, but it's symbolically associated with nonwhite cultures and therefore evil in the crazypants brainworm cult

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somfin posted:

Yeah, but it's symbolically associated with nonwhite cultures and therefore evil in the crazypants brainworm cult

It is specifically associated with vegetarian/vegan culture for a lot of the people who use soyboys, too. So its not AMERICAN and its not RED MEAT RIPE OFF THE BONE so it turns you into a woman.

God if only it were that easy.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Soy also contains a lot of phytoestrogens, which contains the word estrogens so obviously it will turn you in too a woman.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

rodbeard posted:

My T levels are wicked high (I'm FTM trans) and I can confirm my hair line is recceding and thinning so you don't even NEED your own balls for genetics to screw you.

Lavender oils and Tea Tree however - will make you smell like grandma and give you gynecomastia.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lt_kennedy posted:

My T levels are wicked high (I'm FTM trans) and I can confirm my hair line is recceding and thinning so you don't even NEED your own balls for genetics to screw you.

Lavender oils and Tea Tree however - will make you smell like grandma and give you gynecomastia.

I know several MtF that have gone from pretty much bald on top to having hair again.

Estrogen, it's literally magic.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/1207282488852258820

I see the Hulkster is thinking about signing up for Plenty of Fish

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://twitter.com/theydeadinside/status/1207318118533607424?s=19

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Pastry of the Year posted:

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/1207282488852258820

I see the Hulkster is thinking about signing up for Plenty of Fish

I hope he's not gonna wrestle again because people absolutely do not want to see that.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh no

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
According to the Twitter comments, it’s a sketch from a Macedonian comedy show.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

I hope he's not gonna wrestle again because people absolutely do not want to see that.

actually, I personally would love to see the long-rumored final match between Hulk Hogan and Vincent Kennedy McMahon-Dammit, in a Last Man Standing Hell in a Cell No Disqualification bout, to be held at high noon in beautiful Riyadh, SaPARTSi AraUNKNOWNa. Add the Undertaker and HHH to this two-and-a-half-hour hardcore epic and I would find myself simply over the moon with the pure and simple joy of being one of The WWE Universe :angel:

I wouldn’t pay money to see it, because :laffo: at giving the McMahons money, but I’d definitely look into piracy

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Dick Burglar posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

That’s an edit.