Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

City of Glompton

nut posted:

im late but the av is good very good

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

we have rules here????? o_0

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

FluffieDuckie posted:

you go click on the rules thread right now :argh:

i will NOT, and if you have a problem with that it's almost bedtime and my rapsheet remains virginal

owlhawk911 fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 18, 2019

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

ChubbyChecker

lol

City of Glompton

owlhawk911 posted:

i will NOT, and if you have a problem with that it's almost bedtime and my rapsheet remains virginal

spoke too soon rip

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

spoke too soon rip

fluffie is a clever and devious benevolent dictator who gets other mods to do her dirty work

ty nesamdoom!

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

not touching that poop

sig by owlhawk911

owlhawk911

pixaal posted:

not touching that poop

a wise poster

Papa Was A Video Toaster

owlhawk911 posted:

a wise poster

But they're besmirching BYOB's good name!

Goons Are Gifts

*clears throat*

cda

by Hand Knit

Love this guy

City of Glompton

was alerted to the existance of this lil cutie, maybe good for an av for some1?

Scionix

hoog emm xDDD
I will buy plat or paypal someone money to do me an avatar like so:

composed like the tragedy/comedy masks, a red elephant with the alabama logo red and maybe the script A somewhere, and the texas orange steer as tragedy

If u want more than ten bucks thats fine, i will work something out

Galaxander

I have made an attemp

Scionix

hoog emm xDDD

Galaxander posted:

I have made an attemp

thats awesome! if you're feeling up to it, could you do the same thing but draw the steer like you drew the elephant? your elephant is great and you don't have to stick strictly to the UT logo, it's way less cool than your freehand elephant :3:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Galaxander

Scionix posted:

thats awesome! if you're feeling up to it, could you do the same thing but draw the steer like you drew the elephant? your elephant is great and you don't have to stick strictly to the UT logo, it's way less cool than your freehand elephant :3:

That was a clipart elephont that I altered a little, but I'm willing to give it a try

Galaxander

Again I try

biosterous

opinion: it is good

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

City of Glompton posted:

was alerted to the existance of this lil cutie, maybe good for an av for some1?

My only other av was link, smoking a joint, with text that said "look what I found in this pot" and this is making me consider an av switch for 2020

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Wait is there a separate sigs thread?

owlhawk911

Heather Papps posted:

My only other av was link, smoking a joint, with text that said "look what I found in this pot" and this is making me consider an av switch for 2020

you have a powerful brand going but that is also very good

owlhawk911

super mario batali posted:

Wait is there a separate sigs thread?

yeah it's stickied right now come get your winter sig

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905758

owlhawk911

some jerk (or possibly epileptic that doesn't know how to use adblock i don't know cause they reported it instead of telling me) reported my av, so i need some help with an update. i want to keep the owlhawk and 911 theme but pivot to "bush brought down the towers and i know it" rather than "emergency services are currently pursuing me". i made this prototype but don't know how to animate yet

here are the source images

but i am also open to other images/footage of the collapse of the world trade center as a background some billowing smoke might be nice

e: i don't know why the hawk has weird transparent bits sorry

arcticmog

Goona get you!

owlhawk911 posted:

some jerk (or possibly epileptic that doesn't know how to use adblock i don't know cause they reported it instead of telling me) reported my av, so i need some help with an update. i want to keep the owlhawk and 911 theme but pivot to "bush brought down the towers and i know it" rather than "emergency services are currently pursuing me". i made this prototype but don't know how to animate yet

here are the source images

but i am also open to other images/footage of the collapse of the world trade center as a background some billowing smoke might be nice

e: i don't know why the hawk has weird transparent bits sorry

Lad the first time I saw your av I thought "thats gonna cause a seizure". Considering how considerate SA usually is this shouldn't be much surprise.

arcticmog

Goona get you!
I seek to obtain an AV , representing my name well, a cat, or kitty (thus now referred to as a mog or moggie), in some kind arctic theme. Ideas were rolling a while back but I had distractions to attend to in real life before my return.

Manifisto

owlhawk911 posted:

are you asking for someone to sort of do the animation bit for you, or would you like guidance as to how you might accomplish that? either way is fine, I'm just trying to get a sense of what you're looking for.

the hawk probably has transparent bits because of the method that was used to extract it from the background on which it originally appeared. perhaps something like a "chroma key" if that means anything, basically what people use to get green screens to work. if you have the animation with background it might be possible to either extract it better or fill in missing parts, although this can be a bit time consuming.

if you're asking about techniques, one out of many ways to go is described in this I did a while back

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805816&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post468422500

ty nesamdoom!

Galaxander

I feel I have not "knocked it out of the park," and I find the cow to be a difficult puzzle to solve. I'm going to post the elephant by itself in case someone wants to do a collabo.

Take it with my blessing, whomstever has the mood.

owlhawk911

Manifisto posted:

are you asking for someone to sort of do the animation bit for you, or would you like guidance as to how you might accomplish that? either way is fine, I'm just trying to get a sense of what you're looking for.

the hawk probably has transparent bits because of the method that was used to extract it from the background on which it originally appeared. perhaps something like a "chroma key" if that means anything, basically what people use to get green screens to work. if you have the animation with background it might be possible to either extract it better or fill in missing parts, although this can be a bit time consuming.

if you're asking about techniques, one out of many ways to go is described in this I did a while back

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805816&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post468422500

bah, either i guess. i was kinda hoping someone it was easy for would just do it real quick, but i do really want to learn more about animating to up my sig game. the hawk is on a black background on my computer and looks fine, but it's a copy from google image search. psp made this av for me, and i would just ask him for source images but haven't seem him around lately. i tried reading the guide you linked, but as you may remember from my failure to post in your excellent blender threads i have some kind of block with this stuff and it makes my head hurt. i'll try again tomorrow

Manifisto

owlhawk911 posted:

bah, either i guess. i was kinda hoping someone it was easy for would just do it real quick, but i do really want to learn more about animating to up my sig game. the hawk is on a black background on my computer and looks fine, but it's a copy from google image search. psp made this av for me, and i would just ask him for source images but haven't seem him around lately. i tried reading the guide you linked, but as you may remember from my failure to post in your excellent blender threads i have some kind of block with this stuff and it makes my head hurt. i'll try again tomorrow

so I found the version with the background and I was able to do a somewhat better job of extracting the foreground:

if you make the background at the exact size etc. you want, I'd be happy to overlay this for you.

ty nesamdoom!

owlhawk911

Manifisto posted:

so I found the version with the background and I was able to do a somewhat better job of extracting the foreground:

if you make the background at the exact size etc. you want, I'd be happy to overlay this for you.

ok, here's av size and hawk size i didn't know which would be easier for you. hopefully i didn't make them too small for his wings, it was hard to tell exactly where they'd end up working with just one frame of the gif. i really need to get at least some basics of animating down, maybe it would be easier if i got photoshop. the gimp "mass of layers and weird workarounds" thing just does not click and i don't think krita has animation tools at all. if i need to redo it let me know, thanks again for helping me out

Manifisto

okay here are two versions, in the second one the hawk is a bit lower down which looks better imo, but it's up to you

hopefully one of these works for you, if not let me know

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

this one has a slightly faster wingflap

e: even faster, this is the speed of the original animation - I didn't slow it down intentionally

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 12, 2020

ty nesamdoom!

owlhawk911

Manifisto posted:

this one has a slightly faster wingflap

e: even faster, this is the speed of the original animation - I didn't slow it down intentionally

i almost forgot about this, it has been a super busy posting day. the third is my favourite, he looks good slowed down just a little like that. i actually keep going back and forth between the last two which is a sign that they're both great. is it hard to move the hawk around? i think you're right about it being better lower and that it might be even better even lower. i'm not sure how low, in a still image i would just drag him around till he looked right. maybe so that when his wings are down you can see the top of the building a little. if it's not easy this is def goof enough and i seriously appreciate your help. one day i will make you something in blender, my desire to repay you will be the inspiration that drives me to finally learn it

Manifisto

okay! this is the speed of the third one but the hawk is slightly lower.

ty nesamdoom!

owlhawk911

Manifisto posted:

okay! this is the speed of the third one but the hawk is slightly lower.

it's perfect. you're perfect. thanks man

Manifisto

owlhawk911 posted:

it's perfect. you're perfect. thanks man

you're welcome! glad it works for you.

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

Manifisto is a hero

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Heather Papps

hello friend

vanisher posted:

Manifisto is a hero

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
lmao that's good poo poo Manifisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

dragging out this thread to see if anyone can help me update an old sig

i'd like to remove the s/s 2016 from this and just leave the byob on it so it can be used whenever i want. does anyone have the skillset/time to devote to fix this?

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!