Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

President Beep posted:

i think graph is worried about shingles, not bad posts

he has both, silly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
oh yeah. rip fart simpson

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

i guess it's super serious if you get it as an adult? idk

you can get the pox on the insides of your lungs and also eyeballs

idk why this doesn’t tend to happen to kids 🤷‍♂️

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

echinopsis posted:

:stonk:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
shingles is bad, bad news

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i should really get that vaccine

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rotor posted:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

i had chicken pox as a kid and it suuuuuuucked
shingles is basically your childhood chicken pox coming back for its long-delayed revenge so yeah get that shingles vaccine toot sweet

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
is it offered generally or do i have to go to some travel doctor?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

echinopsis posted:

shingles also gets into your nerves

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
also cool facts : it’s not restricted to old people but old people are more likely to get it

most people once get it once but for some people they get it a few times and once met a dude who got it about once a year :waycool:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I got shingles when I was like 22 or 23

it sucked. the significant pain only last a week or two though, and they gave me vicodin so it was fine

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

rotor posted:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

oh yeah. rip fart simpson

i have a deep pulsating pain inside my skull while my forehead is incredibly itchy but i know i can’t scratch it

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

i have a deep pulsating pain inside my skull while my forehead is incredibly itchy but i know i can’t scratch it

sounds awful

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
r u tempted to just scratch a lil bit

like just a tiny bit to find out how good it might feel

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i lightly scratched a very small section of skin earlier today without thinking and it hurt like hell

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

fart simpson can have a little scratch

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

after what I've been through I'm probably going to just going to front for a lifetime of long term care insurance for myself and my sisters because poo poo is hosed

fortunately my situation is settled now but goddamn, anyone who thinks medicare is comprehensive doesn't know poo poo

i mean yeah, but i got 3 mags full of 15 insurance policies apiece right here in the cabinet

i'll be god damned if every penny i ever make gets shunted to some shitbag middleman corp named WellCare or something that marks up my diaper changes 1600%

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i also have no family or nobody that cares about me tho so its whatever. im sure its diff if you have an intact fam structure.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

nobody that cares about me tho so its whatever

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

i mean yeah, but i got 3 mags full of 15 insurance policies apiece right here in the cabinet

see the horrifying thing about alzheimers is that it steals even this choice away from you

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

but also:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

this is why i consider myself a transhumanist, and furthermore

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rotor posted:

see the horrifying thing about alzheimers is that it steals even this choice away from you

idk about the US but you can make something along the lines of a health will, eg, what will or will not happen to you once you lose the capacity for those decisions. make them now ya see and get them in a legal document

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

something to ensure euthanasia? we don’t have that here, because that’s god’s decision.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

or the penal system’s

or a cop’s

or your scared neighbor’s

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

idk scared neighbor is going to just film you and share your decline on nextdoor

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

they may also be in decline

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

something to ensure euthanasia? we don’t have that here, because that’s god’s decision.

it's to help inform doctors and also loved ones that you may prefer to stay at home and die an earlier death rather than be hospitalised, live for a bit longer, but die in a hospital. generally doctors have to make decisions to extend the length of the life of someone, unless they have good reason to think the person wouldn't want that

I want to put a DNR on myself now, but I also enquired to find out that this just informs doctors of your wishes, they can still choose to ignore them :argh:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

idk about the US but you can make something along the lines of a health will, eg, what will or will not happen to you once you lose the capacity for those decisions. make them now ya see and get them in a legal document

perhaps a series of posts

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

echinopsis posted:

it's to help inform doctors and also loved ones that you may prefer to stay at home and die an earlier death rather than be hospitalised, live for a bit longer, but die in a hospital. generally doctors have to make decisions to extend the length of the life of someone, unless they have good reason to think the person wouldn't want that

I want to put a DNR on myself now, but I also enquired to find out that this just informs doctors of your wishes, they can still choose to ignore them :argh:

oh, gotcha. yeah we do the living will thing here too.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

theadder posted:

perhaps a series of posts

*relatives look at my post history*

“we’re afraid it’s already too late...”

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo lets make it fun in here and talk about funerals

my mum doesnt want one. I dont know what to do with this information.

i hope im buried under a tree or even better washed out to sea so no one has to pay for burial or cream-ation costs :smugmrgw:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i woke up with a really bad crick in my neck 36 hours ago and its slowly getting better but still hurts if i turn my head left more than 60deg or so

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

oh and by the way

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

echinopsis posted:

poo poo lets make it fun in here and talk about funerals

my mum doesnt want one. I dont know what to do with this information.

i hope im buried under a tree or even better washed out to sea so no one has to pay for burial or cream-ation costs :smugmrgw:

my grandmother had the same request so we had a small mostly family only ceremony after cremation and interred her next to my grandfather

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i want a new orleans style funeral with music and people celebrating the times we had together

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i might donate my body for research or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

i might donate my body for research or something

well, what are you waiting for