Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Davros1 posted:

The find out about a place that is safe from the monsters and it turns out to be Wacken Open Air Heavy Metal Festival

Literally the first thing I said to my friend after it was over was "So the safest place to be would've been a noise rock show?" . And honestly that should be the sequel. A bunch of wierdo hipster noise musicians fighting off a horde of monsters in some crusty concert venue using feedback.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

FreudianSlippers posted:

Literally the first thing I said to my friend after it was over was "So the safest place to be would've been a noise rock show?" . And honestly that should be the sequel. A bunch of wierdo hipster noise musicians fighting off a horde of monsters in some crusty concert venue using feedback.

Then their equipment fails, and when all hope is lost, out into the light steps Rob Halford

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

FreudianSlippers posted:

the finale to dark carnival in L4D2?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Only one thing can stop these ravenous monsters

The Juggalos

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

man first they're immune to face scanning, now this. Juggalos really are the chosen ones

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

They filmed in western NY because it’s already a desolate hellhole

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I was kinda underwhelmed by the trailer, but that's a drat good poster.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I've seen the movie. That horse should have been a Llama.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Grabbed two of these at the IMAX just now.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Gonz posted:

Lord, those are a mess.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Those red cracks look lovely in the movie too.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I saw the extended IMAX Prologue for this and my mind was detonated. I am looking forward to this most in 2020.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Gonz posted:

Did anyone else think there was a second face on the back of Rey's head the first time they looked at this

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Angepain posted:

Did anyone else think there was a second face on the back of Rey's head the first time they looked at this

yup. Also, the way luke and leia’s silhouettes are layered, it looks like kylo ren has a long hosed up looking neck.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Angepain posted:

People talk a lot about the new Star Wars movies. Are they good, are they bad, which ones are good/bad and why and what does that say about the person holding that opinion, yadda yadda yadda.

But people don't talk enough about how the costumes and hair in the new Star Wars movies have been dog poo poo.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Rogue 1's costuming and hair was spot on.

Indiana Dameron in TROS was pretty hunky, too.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
If you want some great Star Wars, The Mandalorian is delivering in spades.

It's Lone Wolf and Cub in space.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Ah, a Ministry of Silly Walks movie

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gripweed posted:

People talk a lot about the new Star Wars movies. Are they good, are they bad, which ones are good/bad and why and what does that say about the person holding that opinion, yadda yadda yadda.

But people don't talk enough about how the costumes and hair in the new Star Wars movies have been dog poo poo.

The new ones?

Leia's cinnabons aren't a good look, it's just nostalgic.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Nah, they're retro. A long time ago, and all that.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Luke's pants are literally just bleached jeans.

Everything about Star Wars is delightfully 70s.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I watched A New Hope a couple days ago and it's the most interesting Star Wars movie to think about in the context of its own release since it's literally the only Star Wars media made without the expectation of an established universe and lore, where you could just make a man a devil in a cantina and say it's an alien.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Here's Carrie Fisher in a Yukio Mishima* t-shirt for some reason

*Gay fascist. Tried to stage a coup and reinstate the divinity of the Japanese emperor. Failed and gutted himself.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's the same reason that my store has a bunch of Star Wars shirts with like manga panels and katakana on them.

It's aesthetic.

I got one of the manga panel shirts it's pretty cool

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Waffleman_ posted:

I watched A New Hope a couple days ago and it's the most interesting Star Wars movie to think about in the context of its own release since it's literally the only Star Wars media made without the expectation of an established universe and lore, where you could just make a man a devil in a cantina and say it's an alien.

you forgot wolfman, my favorite star wars character

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Peanut President posted:

you forgot wolfman, my favorite star wars character

Mine is Richard Pryor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kJkhEcQ44k

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gonz posted:

I saw the extended IMAX Prologue for this and my mind was detonated. I am looking forward to this most in 2020.
I've only seen the trailer but it looks more like Inception so I'm stoked

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

FlamingLiberal posted:

I've only seen the trailer but it looks more like Inception so I'm stoked

It’s definitely got the Nolan Inception vibe, but looks even more bonkers, if that’s even possible.

Counterterrorism and espionage narrative but with time travel aspects and some unnamed world ending threat that isn’t manmade.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gonz posted:

It’s definitely got the Nolan Inception vibe, but looks even more bonkers, if that’s even possible.

Counterterrorism and espionage narrative but with time travel aspects and some unnamed world ending threat that isn’t manmade.
I wonder if the real threat is time stopping, like in the game Quantum Break

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Maybe I'm being stupid but I would have guessed either Ten or Ten Ten as the name of the film before I checked it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

*Gay fascist. Tried to stage a coup and reinstate the divinity of the Japanese emperor. Failed and gutted himself.
Some think he was going to kill himself from the start and dressed it up in elaborate and mortifying pageantry. We'll never know for sure, because he's dead.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Not impossible considering that he wrote a novel about a failed ultranationalist revolutionary cell that ends with the main character committing seppuku.

Also everyone watch Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters. It has the best design I've ever seen in a film.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Angepain posted:

I'm also getting strong Beetlejuice head-snake from Kylo.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

It's astounding.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
And here I was starting to think S.F.W. would never get a sequel.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Darthemed posted:

And here I was starting to think S.F.W. would never get a sequel.

Will I need to have seen T.F.W. and U.F.W. to understand the plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I just hope they use the Dead Milkmen song as the theme.