Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Fight of Gods devs made another game https://store.steampowered.com/app/1160330/Fight_of_Animals/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I do not care for the Crowrilla

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Muscle beluga is a poor imitation of the muscle fish that throws dumbells at you in slap city imo

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

I bet Cup Noodles would want in as well.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
I call the local Gamestop.
"Yes hello? Do you have a copy of ANIMAL MEME GAME?"
A heavy sigh comes from the speaker. I hang up and nod to myself, knowing the cycle will continue. I miss the days of cheap franchise shovelware, of movie cash-ins. But this is who we are now. We are a meme economy.
I get to work on writing the FAQ for the game, postulating that there will be Pizza Rat DLC.

Anyone remember Brutal: Paws Of Fury?

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 19, 2019

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

HerniaFlange posted:

I remember that game and trying to have fun with it.

I never played them, but the version for the PC/32X supposedly improves how it plays quite a bit.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
It was a really bad game. Along with generally bad button feel and hit detection, all special moves guard broke, and damage was mega random to the point where a special move could do 75%

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

HerniaFlange posted:

I remember a kung-fu rabbit, and a taekwondo coyote.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Extra Large Marge posted:

I remember a kung-fu rabbit, and a taekwondo coyote.

There was also the llama that had mystic powers. And a bear in overalls.

Really just a weird trash game. Like something from back when people into furries called them "funny animals." Also the difference in quality between the boxart and in-game is pretty stark. And the animation does not make up for it, it's worse than original Street Fighter 2.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So now we know where Kung Fu Panda came from.

Still looks better than Bloody Roar.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

inthesto posted:

It was a really bad game. Along with generally bad button feel and hit detection, all special moves guard broke, and damage was mega random to the point where a special move could do 75%

try the 32X version on an emulator, they fixed a lot of nonsense and while it's still not a perfect game it's a much more cromulent fighter

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

When I heard of Fight of Gods I wanted it to be good because I'm weird and a really loving weird concept like that is 100% My Jam. Then I watched some youtube videos and saved myself fifteen dollars

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

try the 32X version on an emulator, they fixed a lot of nonsense and while it's still not a perfect game it's a much more cromulent fighter

Imagine the best version of your game existing on the 32X. That's depressing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HerniaFlange posted:

There was also the llama that had mystic powers. And a bear in overalls.

Really just a weird trash game. Like something from back when people into furries called them "funny animals." Also the difference in quality between the boxart and in-game is pretty stark. And the animation does not make up for it, it's worse than original Street Fighter 2.

daveexile is a pretty rad name tho

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Medullah posted:

Still looks better than Bloody Roar.

Most of the Bloody Roar games are fine, 4's the only bad one.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Most of the Bloody Roar games are fine, 4's the only bad one.

extremely not true

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

FrostyPox posted:

When I heard of Fight of Gods I wanted it to be good because I'm weird and a really loving weird concept like that is 100% My Jam. Then I watched some youtube videos and saved myself fifteen dollars

You hosed up

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HerniaFlange posted:

also had the best console version of MK2 before the modern ports :shrug:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I mean I saved $15 by not buying it. Unless you're suggesting I should've bought it? Because it looks... not good.

E: I turned that $15 into either Tekken 7 or Soul Calibur 6 just now so it's all good (I bought both and also Guilty Gear because Steam Sales are literally the devil)

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 19, 2019

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
has anybody said fight of dogs yet

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

FrostyPox posted:

...it looks... not good.

I turned that $15 into Soul Calibur 6

Just piling on the gently caress ups.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Soul Calibur 6 rules

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If you can assess that a fighting game is bad in the timespan of a gameplay video then you've actually found FG treasure

Semper kusoge

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

But does it have roll-back netcode?

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

But does it have roll-back netcode?

Plenty of roll-over in it. :grin:

Because there's a dog in it, you see.

Endorph posted:

daveexile is a pretty rad name tho

Based on a ROM pit video by Smight, he's like half the AIs you fight in the tournament mode. He gets a workout.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 19, 2019

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Actually it's good that I waited cuz Fight of Gods is $6 now :smuggo:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is it valid to get a smaller fightstick because yours is too big and heavy for regular use? I'm looking at the smaller Hori sticks (not the mini, just the RAP series) because my Hayabusa Pro.N needs to be carried around in its original box (which thankfully has a handle, but I stick out like a sore thumb in the crowd).

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The only valid stick is the one you like (unless you use octo)

The minis can be too light for lap stability tho

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the madcatz se shell was a good size and lap friendly

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
RAP is a perfectly normal sized stick IMO. I wouldn't classify it as small but I guess it might be compared to the high end ones because people pay extra for the weight and stability.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

HerniaFlange posted:

Everything about Brutal: Paws of Fury makes waaaaaay more sense when you realize it's a European game from 1993.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

CRISPYBABY posted:

RAP is a perfectly normal sized stick IMO. I wouldn't classify it as small but I guess it might be compared to the high end ones because people pay extra for the weight and stability.

It's just narrower than most sticks at the same price range like the te2 and obsidian, which IMO makes it feel less stable. To each their own but I prefer the slightly heavier and wider obsidian (and not a stick as heavy as the te2)

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
As long as it can fit stably on my lap, it should be fine. The Hayabusa can be used as a murder weapon (and I'm shocked to learn that higher-end sticks are even heavier).

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

it's not the size of the stick, it's the motion of the...qcf motion

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
hori rap 1 to 3 4ever

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

If you want a lightweight portable stick, consider a ps4 controller

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Qanba drone with a sanwa lever and quick disconnect is really nice for travel. Mine fits in the laptop bag.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oooo yeah the jlf link is on my se box and its rad

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Schneider Heim posted:

Is it valid to get a smaller fightstick because yours is too big and heavy for regular use? I'm looking at the smaller Hori sticks (not the mini, just the RAP series) because my Hayabusa Pro.N needs to be carried around in its original box (which thankfully has a handle, but I stick out like a sore thumb in the crowd).

I use an old Hori FS3 and EX2 when I want to have a portable setup with my laptop and shove everything into a single larger than normal backpack. It's fun to bring to cons and just set up for completely random matchmaking. I've been looking at the Drone as a replacement for those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I’d say getting a slightly smaller stick for traveling with is perfectly valid. The TES+ is a great size for a backpack but still plenty big and heavy enough to play with.