Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sockser posted:

My understanding was that the type of ball didn’t actually matter when catching raid pokes.
I’ve been catching them all in premiere balls just because.
it does matter (because it affects catch rate - you can whiff on gigantimax ones, even if most normal ones are 100%) but more importantly fashion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

it does matter (because it affects catch rate - you can whiff on gigantimax ones, even if most normal ones are 100%) but more importantly fashion

This person gets it.

Saw a shiny jangmo-o and failed to catch it this morning :smith:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
It is easier with raid battles at least because you can always save outside the den when you see a poke you want to fashion ball. Yeah, you have to go through the battle again, but the option is there.

The only thing I’m trying for this gen is training up all the G-max mons and maybe the half dozen other new ones that caught my eye.

That said, I’ll eventually need a kind goon to trade me G-max Machamp and Coalossal.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

yay, finally!

and he's p good

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Norse Code posted:

yay, finally!

and he's p good

Dang, that's a cute shiny.

(great ball boooooo fashion crimes)

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Dang, that's a cute shiny.

(great ball boooooo fashion crimes)

my biggest regret.......

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
What's a good thing to breed up in Shield if I want to do some surprise trading but also actually give people nice things instead of their thirtieth Skwovet

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

What's a good thing to breed up in Shield if I want to do some surprise trading but also actually give people nice things instead of their thirtieth Skwovet

maybe some larvitars?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I... didn't realize that it didn't force you to autosave after clearing a den, like it does with surprise trades and such. Wouldn't have helped with the jangmo-o because it was someone else's raid, did help with corviknight.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Spritzee! Corsola! Solosis! Blue Basculin! Goomy! Larvitar! Ponyta! Drampa! Vullaby! Sableye! Lotad! Lunatone! Oranguru! Eiscue! Croagunk!

Basically, any Shield exclusives.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Goomy, Ponyta, Applin, something with fun egg moves. Not Dreepy.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Ok, I will make those guys. Egg moves and such aren't a problem anymore with the daycare changes yeah?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Leraika posted:

Goomy, Ponyta, Applin, something with fun egg moves. Not Dreepy.
Seconding Anything But Dreepy, wonder trade is infested with the drat things. And they're never even in nice poke balls, but seriously, thing's got like a 38% usage rate in VGC, it makes sense, but wow.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leraika posted:

I hate raids now because only getting one shot at mons conflicts with my desire to catch them in thematically appropriate balls.

Look, if you had one shot, one opportunity, to get the pokemon you wanted. Would you capture it, or let it slip?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
grubbin show yourself you coward

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

god drat banded strong jaw fishious rend does like 1/8 damage even through a protective shield

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I evolved my shiny eevee into a flareon :)

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
gently caress. I thought all G-max mons had the hidden ability. Just ground out a Hatterene, and it has loving Anticipate. :(

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Sky_Blue_Ninja/status/1207639784967081984

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I'm gonna say Drampa, seems like the rarest exclusive

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Baller Ina posted:

I'm gonna say Drampa, seems like the rarest exclusive

That or Goomy.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1032220422
:cawg:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

gently caress. I thought all G-max mons had the hidden ability. Just ground out a Hatterene, and it has loving Anticipate. :(

I have two of these and yes it's SHIIIIIIIT

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

is there any good way to farm wishing pieces/watts without loving with the system date. I got six 3 star Glooms in a loving row out of this goddamn den

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

indigi posted:

is there any good way to farm wishing pieces/watts without loving with the system date. I got six 3 star Glooms in a loving row out of this goddamn den

Just complete all the dens over and over again to keep them respawning.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Like a redead. Or like that horror movie from a few years ago about the thing that slowly walks straight towards you forever until it reaches and violently murders you.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Better lucky than good. :tviv:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

big cummers ONLY posted:

Like a redead. Or like that horror movie from a few years ago about the thing that slowly walks straight towards you forever until it reaches and violently murders you.

It Follows but it assumes the shape of pokemon would be very very scary indeed :gonk:

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I'm guaranteed dead bc the last thing I'm gonna do if a Pikachu is walking towards me is run away from it

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ms Adequate posted:

It Follows but it assumes the shape of pokemon would be very very scary indeed :gonk:

So I guess I'm going to die trying to hug a Bulbasaur.

I accept this death.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I haven't even seen a Drampa or Goomy yet so I'm going to go with those. Ponyta also took an excessive amount of time to find as well.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Drampa and Corsola are the ones I never see on surprise trade so those are the ones I'm gonna breed a couple boxes of to give out on xmas

sure wish I could list more than one at a time!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I wish the GTS was back

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Epic High Five posted:

Drampa and Corsola are the ones I never see on surprise trade so those are the ones I'm gonna breed a couple boxes of to give out on xmas

sure wish I could list more than one at a time!

Maybe one day Nintendo will figure out online.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Eimi posted:

Maybe one day Nintendo will figure out online.

Maybe one day the type chart will be balanced and Nintendo will have the most powerful hardware on the market.

See, I can make up impossible dreams too.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 20, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Fire/Toxic orbs do not exists. The only drops are nuggets, great balls and quick balls.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mesadoram posted:

Fire/Toxic orbs do not exists. The only drops are nuggets, great balls and quick balls.

Some day, RNGesus will have pity on you

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Anyone thinking about breeding a bunch of Deliberds for festive wonder trading might wanna pick another one:

https://www.serebii.net/news/2019/20-December-2019.shtml

quote:

A new Wild Area Event has begun. Until December 25th at 23:59 UTC, Delibird is now in increased Max Raid Battles in the Wild Area. This adds Delibird with even more Candy Rewards.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Geostomp posted:

Maybe one day the type chart will be balanced and Nintendo will have the most powerful hardware on the market.

See, I can make up impossible dreams too.

Didn't the GC outclass the DC and PS2 in raw numbers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

Some day, RNGesus will have pity on you

Ball Guy mysteries: Is the white thing above his mouth an upper lip or a bucktooth?