Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
And most recent posting by Pod has refuted my earlier bad feelings fairly well.

Maybe it was just gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Amnistar posted:

This post I do not like.

##vote Leith

It feels crafted to be able to be pointed to as evidence of thinking AA was town or dismissed as a joking comment depending upon how the thread flows.

Or it could be a compliment to AA getting into character during D1 shitposting phase and admitting that until we get some actual information based on N1 actions, our ability to do detective work is very limited.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I feel some degree of bias towards officer Amni, that reads as insincere to me... I'm going to put a pin in this bias for the time being, but... *scratches 'watch out for this one'* in a EE file.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Good morning crew,

I'd like to announce that Det. Podima has shown great initiative and is new to the force.

I know you all thought officer pig would be present, but the dirty rats in IA transfered him to another precinct.

Det. Squiggly is that booze on your breath? Did you forget you were on a case?

Excuse my tardiness, but I've been too busy covering up for your rookie mistakes. Those extra hours add up boot

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

Excuse my tardiness, but I've been too busy covering up for your rookie mistakes. Those extra hours add up boot

*glasses slide down on bridge of nose*
*peers over them incredulously*
*scratches 'mouthy' into EE file*

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I feel some degree of bias towards officer Amni, that reads as insincere to me... I'm going to put a pin in this bias for the time being, but... *scratches 'watch out for this one'* in a EE file.

This game is happening o the weekday, which means I am severely limited to using phone to participate, which limit how much I can do rereading and heavy case building.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

Or it could be a compliment to AA getting into character during D1 shitposting phase and admitting that until we get some actual information based on N1 actions, our ability to do detective work is very limited.

Uhh...no?

Dismissing day 1 is a poo poo idea, and you absolutely can get valuable information and make viable reads off of the interactions people have.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

So you think posting in character is a town move?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

This game is happening o the weekday, which means I am severely limited to using phone to participate, which limit how much I can do rereading and heavy case building.

(OOC: It's directly attached to feelings about an unresolved game and my lack of information from it and that crosses into taboo territories regarding play, so I'm trying to approach this with clear eyes, but you seem.... different and I'm going to leave it at that. It's solely an unfounded meta take on my part)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Podima posted:

How does this jibe with this:

Getting opinions out there is townie, you're making calls and taking stances to be analyzed by others.

Do you disagree with AA's list? If so, what do you disagree with on there?

The content of the list is irrelevant, but I think at this point in the game, when a plethora of people have had 3 content-less posts, listing your opinions on every player is not actually providing valuable information.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

(OOC: It's directly attached to feelings about an unresolved game and my lack of information from it and that crosses into taboo territories regarding play, so I'm trying to approach this with clear eyes, but you seem.... different and I'm going to leave it at that. It's solely an unfounded meta take on my part)

Ah fair enough. I understand what you're saying, we can revisit when I flip...in either game :p

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

*glasses slide down on bridge of nose*
*peers over them incredulously*
*scratches 'mouthy' into EE file*

"Sir, we've talked about this. There are proper ways to document and write in personnel files, and none of them involve you and a pen."

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Squiggly posted:

"Really, sir, we've talked about this. There are proper ways to document and write in personnel files, and none of them involve you and a pen."

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Gonna drop some of my early impressions here in a few as I deal with some actual work as well.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Man...now I kinda wanna join the RP...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Paul ReiserFS posted:

The content of the list is irrelevant, but I think at this point in the game, when a plethora of people have had 3 content-less posts, listing your opinions on every player is not actually providing valuable information.

As your chief, I have incentive to root out the IA perhaps more so than the average officer and I've got a fair bit responsibility that comes with it. Making the right decisions will require me to stay vigilant in my assessments, so get accustomed to it... at least from me in this game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Man...now I kinda wanna join the RP...

You’d better polish those boots and iron those creases first, Officer. Your uniform looks more disheveled than your mother after I got done with her last night.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Nep-Nep posted:

So you think posting in character is a town move?

I am thinking of it as an enjoyable move and I really doubt AA is going to drop an obvious tell over the first couple of days so I am appreciating his effort.

I watch vote patterns and shifts in votes usually and d1 is mostly noise to me unless someone does a really bad claim.

So I'm enjoying his work and plan on enjoying it thru a couple of days until I have enough data to work with.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

I am thinking of it as an enjoyable move and I really doubt AA is going to drop an obvious tell over the first couple of days so I am appreciating his effort.

I watch vote patterns and shifts in votes usually and d1 is mostly noise to me unless someone does a really bad claim.

So I'm enjoying his work and plan on enjoying it thru a couple of days until I have enough data to work with.

"I'm not going to participate in the game day 1 unless something comes up that is clearly defensible later on in the day"

Yea, definately happy with my vote.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

*later on in the game

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Amnistar posted:

"I'm not going to participate in the game day 1 unless something comes up that is clearly defensible later on in the day"

That's A Yikes From Me

(agreeing here)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar posted:

:goofy:

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Leith Maclaine posted:

I like this post. Reminds me of my 1st partner on the force. Supple, agreeable...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

2 penny bottle imp posted:

I like this post. Reminds me of my 1st partner on the force. Supple, agreeable...

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

Day 1 is the most important day of the game.

##vote snitch maclaine

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Sir,

When did we become a transit precinct because there look to be some busses here?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

GulagDolls (3): Amnistar, 2 penny bottle imp, Dancer, Amnistar, Paul ReiserFS
Bernstrike (3): Bernstrike, Bernstrike, Tommu, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Steak
2 penny bottle imp (3): Bernstrike, GulagDolls, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Podima, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Leith Maclaine (2): Amnistar, Mr. Humalong
Nep-Nep (1): Sandwolf
Hal Incandenza (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Squiggly (0): Podima, Anomalous Amalgam, Podima, Anomalous Amalgam
Paul ReiserFS (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
Mr. Steak (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
Podima (0): Amnistar, Amnistar

Not Voting (3): Leith Maclaine, Nep-Nep, Squiggly

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 21st, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 days, 12 hours.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Hal- feel like Hal's been posting but hasn't really engaged, voted podima and when someone else justified their vote with it just being a feeling kinda "yeah me too"'d at that and I don't really like that

Bern- I'm glad someone else asked for bern to clarify about whether or not the lie detector claim was shitposting or not. With the post full of images I wrote it off but now that it's been asked about I'd like to have this clarified too.

Leith- I was initially bothered by the way she expressed willingness to vote squiggly and the clarification and posting since hasn't made me feel better

AA- the actual content of the posting seems fine, I mostly came from the angle of trying to determine "is the devotion to flavor an attempt to get away with saying nothing while using lots of words?" and I am of the opinion that no, I'm reading AA as town right now without regard for the flavor.

Tommu- just kinda noting that Tommu's only real contribution to the game has been to ask "why?" in response to something, which was answered but no engagement has come from that since.

Paul ReiserFS and Podima have been more active and I feel I need to give them a closer look, which I haven't done yet aside from reading the posts in the thread in order.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

:siren: Votefinder poo poo should be fixed; if something else is amiss let me know. Player post links added to the OP. :siren:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Sir,

When did we become a transit precinct because there look to be some busses here?

Such as

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

This is a nitpick in isolation but combined with other points in your posts others have brought up it bothers me that you feel like you can plan on enjoying AA being alive when town has no way to know who scum will target

[b]##vote Leith Macline[b]

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote Leith Maclaine

sorry about the fake vote

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Two now Three votes against me in an hour.

Oh well. It's shitpost day.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leith Maclaine posted:

calling votes on yourself a bus...? thats..... bold. lol

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Bussing is what happens when scum vote for their own team members

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Nep-Nep posted:

This is a nitpick in isolation but combined with other points in your posts others have brought up it bothers me that you feel like you can plan on enjoying AA being alive when town has no way to know who scum will target

[b]##vote Leith Macline[b]

I'm on the fence on this being an actual scumslip. But it's a good catch.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Nep-Nep posted:

Bussing is what happens when scum vote for their own team members

I call bussing when suddenly people jump on the same person. I guess I should have used the term bandwagon.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Can you explain your use of this emoji please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Amnistar posted:

Can you explain your use of this emoji please?